Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?

Go down 
+34
muckie
brokentulsa
bgsully
asgard1980
journeyman
choosemetal
ZombieHavoc
Bouke777
80s Metal Lady
shed-rock
bassman
Eyesore
CRIMSONMASK
Andy
Addy
sovdat
jstate
Gryphon-kl
Wurthless
exact33
martinsane
EvyMetal
A Handful of Wayne
metalken
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
James B.
kmorg
Shawn Of Fire
manny
TheGreatDuck
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:39 am

To elaborate, I was given alot of records before "purchasong" that Zeppelin lp. THread title states bought. The very first records I was ever given was a gift for my 6th birthday (belated at that)
They were a Batman story album with book binded into record jacket, Commnader Cody & His Lost Planet Airmen-Hot Licks Cold Steel and Other Trucker Favorites, and Allman Brothers Band-At Fillmore East.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:50 am

James B. wrote:
To elaborate, I was given alot of records before "purchasong" that Zeppelin lp. THread title states bought. The very first records I was ever given was a gift for my 6th birthday (belated at that)
They were a Batman story album with book binded into record jacket, Commnader Cody & His Lost Planet Airmen-Hot Licks Cold Steel and Other Trucker Favorites, and Allman Brothers Band-At Fillmore East.

Same here. My dad handed me over his record collection when I was but a small fella. Lotsa 45s and and albums. Mostly 50's and 60's stuff. The first artist I remember kinda getting into on my own was Huey Lewis & the News. I didn't hit the harder stuff till high school ('85).

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:17 am

First album was a K-Tel breakdance record. At the same time was the first cassette a K-Tel metal album. Which led to my first proper record purchase of Ozzy Osbourne's Diary Of A Madman on cassette. First true album was Joan Jett & the Blackhearts I Love Rock N' Roll. First .45 was J. Geils Band's Centerfold.

My first cd Boston's Third Stage was clear back in 1986. My brother had gotten a player for his birthday. It cost a fortune and the discs were like 20 bucks. Soon after got Bon Jovi's Slippery When Wet and John Cougar Mellencamp's Scarecrow. Then discovered that the thing ate D batteries like crazy. Didn't get another CD till 1989 when they came down in price.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:12 am

I definitely had music long before I bought any. The first album I remember is Zubin Mehta Conduct the LA Philharmonic Orchestra - Suites From Star Wars and Close Encounters Of The Third Kind - That was released in 1978.

I also remember my brother playing lots of Alice Cooper and one older kid in the neighborhood had Black Sabbath's Paranoid and some AC/DC. Another older kid had tons of Styx and Journey albums. These all kind of circulated between us but I never had any cash to buy albums until I was in high school.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:03 pm

Metallica's ...And Justice for All for my 12th birthday.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:23 pm

First Tape I remember buying.... Stryper Yellow & Black Attack
CD Single : Bryan Adams Cant Stop This Thing We Started
Full CD Album: Petra Beyond Belief

rest i cannot remember
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 3:51 pm

The first CD I bought with my own money was Blizzard of Ozz in 2001. It was the last CD issue that did not feature the re-recorded drum and bass tracks, a debacle I was unaware of until the last few years.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 2:34 pm

The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdnkwiPZHZcLMsas-djYq3cfTeg1Rf_g22PKV7tg-B4qun6aYe

The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlcHim_b2wIwzhVCb0LZTlL2sVSo6lmGkBL24fl09PBWGcou8n
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 7:31 pm

The first album I ever bought was Def Leppard's Hysteria. The second was Run DMCs King of Rock.

From the beginning, my tastes were varied.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 9:34 pm

CRIMSONMASK wrote:
The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdnkwiPZHZcLMsas-djYq3cfTeg1Rf_g22PKV7tg-B4qun6aYe

The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlcHim_b2wIwzhVCb0LZTlL2sVSo6lmGkBL24fl09PBWGcou8n

i had the original star wars soundtrack as my first recorded media but i didnt buy it.

bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:39 pm

First tape I bought with my own money was Petra's Never Say Die, way back in the early 80's.
Back to top Go down
shed-rock
Metal novice
Metal novice
shed-rock

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:10 pm

Deep purple - Machine Head , aged 12.....
Still own this lp and still love it.....
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 8:32 pm

The first new album I ever got in that I had to take off the cellophane (my mom probably was the one who shelled out the money for it) was Business As Usual by Men At Work. I was a big fan of them when I was a kid and had a poster of them on my wall. I remember being fascinated by the photos on the inner sleeve and song lyrics. I'd never seen that before because all the albums I had were from the 1960s or KISS albums that didn't have those kinds of inner sleeves.

The first cassettes I bought new with my own money were Van Halen's 5150 and Iron Maiden's Somewhere In Time (purchased at the same time). I was happy with the latter because it opened up to reveal the artwork. I was used to buying vinyl. I had just got a Sony Walkman and thought I'd have to sacrifice the cool LP artwork when buying the cassette.

I don't remember the first vinyl or CD I purchased new with my own money, but the CD was probably in a long box (remember those?).
Back to top Go down
Bouke777
Metal novice
Metal novice
Bouke777

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 7:34 am

the first one i really bought was tourniquet - stop the bleeding i think...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/BOUKEBANDSTRA?feature=mhum
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 1:17 pm

First CDs I bought, a couple months before even getting a CD player, were

The Byrds greatest hits
Paul McCartney- Tripping the Light Fantastic (a new live album at the time...random as hell, for me)
Ozzy- No Rest for the Wicked
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 7:31 pm

The first records I ever got were

Megadeth -- Endgame

Iron Maiden -- Piece of Mind

GNR -- greatist hits

Slayer -- Reign in blood

Metallica -- Master of puppets

Sodom -- Agent Orange

Ramones -- S/t
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 6:10 am

Ohhhh man I have no idea

Might have been Stryper Yellow & Black Attack not the original one the re-released one in like 1986
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 7:31 am

Moving Pictures was my first music purchase and it was on cassette. My second was Exit stage left on vinyl used from a friend who had just purchased a boom box and was converting to tape. I ended up getting both of Ozzy's solo on vinyl not too long after from the same friend. That actually started my "collection".
Back to top Go down
asgard1980
Metal novice
Metal novice
asgard1980

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 5:28 pm

My first CD ever was

Deep Purple - Nobody´s Perfect (Hardrock) in 1993

and my first METAL album was
Helloween - Master Of The Rings in 1994
Back to top Go down
http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/asgard1980
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 10:06 am

By the time I started making my own money, I already had a music collection going...so I have no idea what the 1st album that I actually purchased was.
The 1st album I owned; however, was Bloodgood - Rock In A Hard Place......and I still love it!
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 9:45 pm

The first album I ever bought with my own money was Chuck Berry Gold...
The first hard rock album I bought was AC/DC Let There Be Rock...
The first Cd I bought was a bootleg copy of Panteras "I am the Night"..Got it in a record store
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 11:27 am

First album I ever owned personally... the Super Mario 64 soundtrack. First album by an actual band I ever bought... Relient K's self-titled debut. The SM64 OST still gets listened to, however.

First import I ever bought was probably X Japan's Blue Blood album. I listened to it for like a year straight as a burned CD made from downloaded MP3s, then bought the original and played it like hell all over again.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 5:37 pm

The first album I bought with my own money was KISS "Love Gun".
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 5:23 am

First single was Judas Priest - Living After Midnight

First album was Motorhead - Ace of Spades
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 10:16 pm

First albums I got were Zeppelin 4 and Houses of the Holy

First I bought was Blow Up Your Video -AC/DC .

First EP was DLR Crazy From The Heat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?   The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The first album/single/compilation/EP you ever bought?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next