Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nashville P*ssy Compilation Album

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Nashville P*ssy Compilation Album Empty
PostSubject: Nashville P*ssy Compilation Album   Nashville P*ssy Compilation Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 11:38 am

NASHVILLE P*SSY will release a compilation album, "Ten Years Of P*ssy", in Scandinavia on May 6, in Germany on May 8, in the rest of Europe on May 11 and in the USA on May 12 via SPV/Steamhammer. The effort will be made available as a 2CD digipak and a digital download.

"Ten Years Of P*ssy" is described in a press release a a "22-track monster [that] takes [NASHVILLE P*SSY's] best studio tracks of the last decade and even throws in a live bonus EP taken from a blistering 2009 show at Nottingham.".

The 16 studio tracks from "Ten Years Of P*ssy" are taken from their last few releases, highlighting the band's most relevant work of their decade history on label SPV. "Up The Dosage" (2014), featuring rock solid bassist Bonnie Buitrago, has been called "NASHVILLE P*SSY's 'Back In Black'" and was "Pick Of The Week" on "That Metal Show". "From Hell To Texas" (2009) was recorded at Willie Nelson's studio in Texas and featured some of the band's strongest songwriting to date. And "Get Some" (2005), was the first SPV release and the first collaboration with Daniel Rey, and has more hooks than a hillbilly's tackle box. And, of course, the bonus live CD includes the ultimate version of "Nutbush City Limits" with special guest Ron Heathman from THE SUPERSUCKERS on guitar.

"Ten Years Of P*ssy" track listing:

CD 1 - Best of

01. Come On Come On
02. Rub It To Death
03. I'm So High (with Danko Jones)
04. Going Down Swinging
05. Before The Drugs Wear Off
06. Hate And Whisky
07. The South's Too Fat To Rise Again
08. P*ssy Time
09. Til The Meat Falls Of The Bone
10. Pillbilly
11. Why Why Why
12. Up The Dosage
13. Lazy Jesus (with Lemmy)
14. Ain't Your Business
15. Good Night For A Heart Attack
16. Stone Cold Down

CD 2 - Bonus "Live In Nottingham" CD

01. One Way Down
02. Nutbush City Limits (with Ron Heathman)
03. Struttin' C*ck
04. Late Great USA
05. Go Motherf*cker Go
06. You're Goin' Down

Nashville P*ssy Compilation Album Nashvillepussytenyearscd

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Nashville P*ssy Compilation Album   Nashville P*ssy Compilation Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 11:44 am

I remember buying their first album, Let Them Eat P*ssy, as a new release at Tower Records, pretty much based on name and artwork alone. Over time though, it wasn't a frequent spinner and I ditched it. The vocals were kind of grating.

That being said, I might re-invest in this hits package and see if anything grabs me by the short & curlies once again.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

PostSubject: Re: Nashville P*ssy Compilation Album   Nashville P*ssy Compilation Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 12:27 pm

I think you created this thread just to see how many times you could type p*ssy. lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Nashville P*ssy Compilation Album   Nashville P*ssy Compilation Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 12:34 pm

007 wrote:
I think you created this thread just to see how many times you could type p*ssy. lol!

Yes. That was certainly a part of it that my 11 year-old sensibilities couldn't resist. Razz It actually took me forever to cut & paste this article from Blabbermouth, then go back and edit all the profanity. See what great lengths I go to for you people.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Nashville P*ssy Compilation Album   Nashville P*ssy Compilation Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 12:45 pm

And now that I got that out of my system, I have to say I have never heard one song from this group. I'll have to check out some tunes here and see what they got.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Nashville P*ssy Compilation Album   Nashville P*ssy Compilation Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 1:29 pm

007 wrote:
And now that I got that out of my system, I have to say I have never heard one song from this group. I'll have to check out some tunes here and see what they got.

Think AC/DC-type, sleazy, biker-bar type music. Nothing wrong with it at all if that's your thing.

Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Nashville P*ssy Compilation Album   Nashville P*ssy Compilation Album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 9:44 pm

That album cover is very Nugent-y...

Nashville P*ssy Compilation Album Url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.freecodesource.com%2Falbum-covers%2FB001UNSZDK--ted-nugent-state-of-shock-album-cover.html&ei=BHH2VNDlGcWsogTh5IDgCQ&bvm=bv.87269000,d
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Nashville P*ssy Compilation Album   Nashville P*ssy Compilation Album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 4:22 am

Love this band. Dirty, sleazy, in-your-face punk/rock 'n' roll. Pretty sure this isn't a first-day buy for me, but I'll probably grab a used copy eventually.

Shame it doesn't have any unreleased or rare tunes tacked on.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Nashville P*ssy Compilation Album   Nashville P*ssy Compilation Album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 9:14 am

I've checked a few tunes out and they're not bad. Nothing that makes me wanna go out and get anything from them though. Just too much other stuff I'd rather have.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Nashville P*ssy Compilation Album   Nashville P*ssy Compilation Album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 9:24 am

I have the first album and not really a fan, but love the title of the comp disc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nashville P*ssy Compilation Album   Nashville P*ssy Compilation Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nashville P*ssy Compilation Album
Page 1 of 1