Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fatal Smile - Welcome To The Freakshow

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Fatal Smile - Welcome To The Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Fatal Smile - Welcome To The Freakshow   Fatal Smile - Welcome To The Freakshow Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:38 pm

Not sure if this group is very well known here, but if not, check them out:

Quote :
"Welcome To The Freakshow", the new video from Swedish hard rockers FATAL SMILE, can be seen below. The clip was directed by Owe Lingwall, who has previously worked with KAMELOT, MESHUGGAH and THE RASMUS, among others.

"Welcome To The Freakshow" is the first single from FATAL SMILE's new album, "21st Century Freaks", which will be released on May 7 via FS Records/GMR Music Group. The CD was produced by Mr. Y, engineered/recorded by Philty and mixed by the two of them together. The mastering duties were handled by Mats "Limpan" Lindfors at Cutting Room Studios.

"21st Century Freaks" track listing:

01. Welcome To The Freakshow
02. Nailed To The Wall
03. Raisning Hell In Heaven
04. Judgement Day
05. Broken Heart
06. My Private Hell
07. Scarecrow
08. Innocent
09. Break This Chains
10. Take It To The Limit
11. For The Last In Line

After playing 350 shows internationally during their "World Domination Tour" with such bands as DIO, W.A.S.P., QUEENSRŸCHE, DORO and LORDI in support of their last album, "World Domination", FATAL SMILE spent over a year writing and recording songs for the follow-up effort. Entitled "21st Century Freaks", the new CD was recorded in the tour buses, hotel rooms and studios all over the world before eleven songs were singled out and re-recorded during 2011.

Ten top names tried out for the mixing job, all mixing the song planned as the second single of the album. The band put together a jury of friends to pick out their favorite mix, which turned out to be mix No. 5, not knowing it was mixed by FATAL SMILE's own drummer Philty and guitarist Mr. Y!

According to a press release, "this time [the bandmembers] have done everything on their own to make it the ultimate FATAL SMILE album, from recording and engineering to producing and mixing the album and the result is massive, with 'in-your-face' songs and a 'larger-than-life' sound!"

I have all but one of their releases, and each one is very good. Great 80s rock/metal with a modern spin.

Well worth checking out if you've never heard them before.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Smile - Welcome To The Freakshow   Fatal Smile - Welcome To The Freakshow Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 9:30 am

I saw this on Blabbermouth. I liked that new single, but then I went and checked out a couple of their older tracks and it didn't do much for me. I'm terribly picky when it comes to newer glam/sleaze bands.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Smile - Welcome To The Freakshow   Fatal Smile - Welcome To The Freakshow Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 9:50 am

Good Track! I need to check out more from these guys.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Smile - Welcome To The Freakshow   Fatal Smile - Welcome To The Freakshow Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 12:24 pm

Bump for new album news and shockingly, the band's demise...

Quote :
Fatal Smile have surprised fans by announcing they've split up – just weeks before an album launch.

The release of White Trash Heroes takes place on April 25 and the Swedish hard rockers had just begun a supporting tour.

Confirming all previously booked appearances have been cancelled, guitarist Yuksel 'Mr Y' Unutmaz says: "I know it's really bad timing and I'm really sorry for letting the fans down. But at a certain point in life you'll have to decide if things are really worth doing.

"I have come to the point where the answer is no – it's no longer worth sacrificing everything in my life, my heart and soul just to keep the train rolling."

He thanks fans for their support since Fatal Smile were formed in 1995 and adds: "I had a blast living the dream. Thanks to all the band members during this time. I will keep writing and playing music, that's for sure."

White Trash Heroes, the band's fifth album, has been accompanied by the release of a video for 'Like A Rockstar', below.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Smile - Welcome To The Freakshow   Fatal Smile - Welcome To The Freakshow Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 1:45 pm

They've been around since 1995? Wow.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Smile - Welcome To The Freakshow   Fatal Smile - Welcome To The Freakshow Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 3:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:
They've been around since 1995? Wow.

Well, maybe he's counting their "early" years in mom & dad's garage after school.  Razz 

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Smile - Welcome To The Freakshow   Fatal Smile - Welcome To The Freakshow Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 4:09 pm

I really like WTTFS. Such a great album. Gets regular montly play for me, along with Miss Crazy. Haven't gotten any of their other releases, but they didn't hit me like Freak Show did.
Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 675

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Smile - Welcome To The Freakshow   Fatal Smile - Welcome To The Freakshow Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 12:50 pm

I saw them open for WASP in Vegas a few years ago. All I remember was they had a Nikki Sixx wannabe on bass and had a number 1 single in their country.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Smile - Welcome To The Freakshow   Fatal Smile - Welcome To The Freakshow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fatal Smile - Welcome To The Freakshow
Page 1 of 1