Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Freakshow

Go down 
+4
manny
the sentinel
Thrasher73
ultmetal
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Freakshow   Freakshow Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 12:17 am

Ronnie Borchert has been riding the wave of success with Trixie and Miss Crazy (he sings for both band, regardless of what sort of make-up he wears and name he gives himself). Anyway, both bands are excellent. Freakshow is a new project:

Quote :
FREAKSHOW, the new project featuring former QUIET RIOT drummer Frankie Banali, guitarist/vocalist Markus Allen Christopher (M!SS CRAZY) and guitarist Jeff LaBar (CINDERELLA), has made its first song, "Everyone", available for streaming on the band's MySpace page.

Banali recently stated about FREAKSHOW: "It was announced that Tony Franklin [WHITESNAKE, THE FIRM, BLUE MURDER] [would] be laying down the bass tracks for the FREAKSHOW recordings. Markus and I had discussed the bass player situation, and since I was available to record the drums right away, we did not seek, search or cattle call for bass players, but rather decided to get the best bass player to record the best bass tracks. I recommended Tony as he is not only the best, but also my favorite bass player. Markus wholeheartedly agreed as he is all too familiar with the gifted Mr. Franklin! Having said that, there are no mutual plans for Tony to continue beyond the recordings. Sometimes a simple mention here or there seems to create an artificial life of its own! The last thing anyone involved in FREAKSHOW wants is to disappoint the fans due to misconceptions.

"Now then, while Tony has agreed to record the FREAKSHOW bass tracks, there has not been any discussion of any participation on his part beyond the recordings. So I think that it is important for everyone to understand that we are trying to make the FREAKSHOW recordings the best that they can possibly be and as memorable as possible for those who might listen to it. Beyond that, the future of FREAKSHOW is up to you, the listener and the fans!"

Freakshow 2869312820_9a34c38415_o
Sounds great to me! Sounds like Trixie and Miss Crazy, but I guess the high-profile names now attached to him are better for business. Great line-up, though!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freakshow   Freakshow Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 1:44 pm

Ohhh, might have to check this out. Thanks for posting it.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freakshow   Freakshow Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 2:28 pm

Sounds good to me.I'll be looking forward to this release
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freakshow   Freakshow Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 4:22 pm

My buddy has one of Miss Crazy's Cd's and it's pretty good, so I might be interested in this. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freakshow   Freakshow Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 5:43 pm

Cinderella's Jeff LaBar has denied that he has replaced Carlos Cavazo (Quite Riot, Ratt) as the new guitarist of Juan Croucier's Dirty Rats, the band featuring bassist/vocalist Juan Croucier (Ratt) and drummer John Medina (Bret Michaels).

Commented LaBar: "Contrary to Juan Croucier's press release regarding me playing with his Dirty Rats, I unfortunately must announce that I will not be able to do so. Priorities and prior commitments prevent me from pursing this. I must apologize to Juan and those fans who may have been looking forward to this, but the announcement may have been a bit premature. I am first and foremost a member of Cinderella. In addition to that, I just completed recording with Frankie Banali, Tony Franklin and Miss Crazy's Markus Allen Christopher with an exciting new project we're calling Freakshow. Those of you who are in touch with these Internet rock sites and MySpace may have heard about it. I have very high hopes for what we think is a smurfin' kick-ass CD, which starts mixing today and I am very much committed to. I wish Juan the best of luck in the future and hope he and all you Ratt fans will forgive me and check out Freakshow when the time comes. I would also like to thank the Cinderella fans for your patience and loyalty as well as let you know, if you love Cinderella, wait till you get a load of Freakshow!"

source: blabbermouth.net
Back to top Go down

Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freakshow   Freakshow Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 5:59 pm

This sounds great. I'm glad something that sounds this way can be released these days. Simply awesome!
Back to top Go down

Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freakshow   Freakshow Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 6:32 pm

Where have you guys been when I've been pimping Trixie and Miss Crazy?

You trendy pricks! angry
Back to top Go down

Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freakshow   Freakshow Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 6:37 pm

Piss off. Smile

Honestly I never would have listened to them if Frankie wasn't in the band. Yeah, I'm THAT b!tch.
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freakshow   Freakshow Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 7:05 pm

Damn, that sounds good. Very Happy

Might have to look into this.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freakshow   Freakshow Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 7:40 pm

Sounds great to me too.

I'm all about the sleaze/glam genre; it's my favorite.

Eyesore, your pimping those other bands must have been before my time because I'm all about that style...

Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freakshow   Freakshow Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:09 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Piss off. Smile

Honestly I never would have listened to them if Frankie wasn't in the band. Yeah, I'm THAT b!tch.
I know! And that's why no one cared about my other threads. Haha.

Seriously, though, if you like that song, definitely check out Trixie and Miss Crazy. It's the same exact style. Could be the same band.
Back to top Go down

Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freakshow   Freakshow Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:12 pm

What else is the guitarist from Cinderella doing? That was a strong part of my liking this Freakshow band. Plus that dude has a killer voice. Its similar to someone, but I can't place it right off.
Back to top Go down

Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freakshow   Freakshow Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:24 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Sounds great to me too.

I'm all about the sleaze/glam genre; it's my favorite.

Eyesore, your pimping those other bands must have been before my time because I'm all about that style...
Here, I'll pimp them again:

TRIXIE - ESCAPE
TRIXIE - THE TOUCH
TRIXIE - LOOKIN' FOR LOVE
MISS CRAZY - LIFE'S BEEN GOOD
MISS CRAZY - LEFT ME HERE TO DIE
MISS CRAZY - LOOKS THAT KILL

Ronnie Borchert is a big 80s rock fan. With Trixie, you can hear that he's a huge Def Leppard fan. He's actually the only musician that I know of that has come even close to nailing those Def Leppard harmonies. Miss Crazy shows his Cinderella influence, I think. He sounds nearly identical to Tom Keifer on "Life's Been Good."

Of course, he goes by the name of Markus Allen Christopher in Miss Crazy. If they're two different people I'd be amazed. I asked Ronnie once and he totally denied it. Pffft! Odd that Ronnie has tattoos but Markus always wear longsleeves. Haha. Who cares, though. Both bands are killer!
Back to top Go down

Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freakshow   Freakshow Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:27 pm

spectrefate wrote:
What else is the guitarist from Cinderella doing? That was a strong part of my liking this Freakshow band. Plus that dude has a killer voice. Its similar to someone, but I can't place it right off.
He was in Naked Beggars for a while with Eric Brittingham. They're a really good band; you should check them out, if you haven't before.
Back to top Go down

Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freakshow   Freakshow Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:29 pm

Eric Brittingham was the blonde bassist from Cinderella, right?
Back to top Go down

Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freakshow   Freakshow Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:36 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Eric Brittingham was the blonde bassist from Cinderella, right?
Right. But not anymore.

Freakshow NB1

🤘 Shocked
Back to top Go down

Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freakshow   Freakshow Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:38 pm

Maybe the dude on the far left looks like him. What a bunch of unemployed freaks they look like. Smile
Back to top Go down

Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freakshow   Freakshow Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:49 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Maybe the dude on the far left looks like him. What a bunch of unemployed freaks they look like. Smile
The dude on the far left looks like he got lost on the way to the AFI tribute band practice. Haha. Brittingham pretty much has the same hairdo, only it's shorter and blacker. That chick's his wife, too.
Back to top Go down

Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freakshow   Freakshow Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 4:07 pm

If anyone is going to download those tracks, do so soon.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freakshow   Freakshow Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 4:12 pm

I like that Miss Crazy stuff; sounds like Britny Fox.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freakshow   Freakshow Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 4:32 pm

Just picked up the two Miss Crazy discs off Ebay.

Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freakshow   Freakshow Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 8:19 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Just picked up the two Miss Crazy discs off Ebay.
Cool. Trixie's album are very good, too, though a bit...lighter, maybe? Ronnie also has a solo album called Change. Well worth picking up, too.

RONNIE BORCHERT - I'M FIGHTING FOR YOU
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freakshow   Freakshow Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:03 pm

Something about the vocals in those Trixie samples you posted turned me off.

Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freakshow   Freakshow Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 3:16 am

http://www.myspace.com/freakshowrox

Couple new tunes up. Banali doing a little double-bass, too.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freakshow   Freakshow Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 12:10 pm

Freakshow Frog_bump
for this update...

Quote :
Former QUIET RIOT drummer Frankie Banali has announced his departure from FREAKSHOW, the new band featuring Markus Allen Christopher (guitar/vocals; M!SS CRAZY) and Jeff LaBar (guitar; CINDERELLA). He says, "Please understand that I am no longer a member of the group FREAKSHOW, and have not been since at least July of 2009, nor will I tour with the band or ever record with this entity in the future.

"It has come to my attention that both my name and image are being used and bantered around without my permission or consent as if I am continuing with the band which is misleading to the fans and anyone else.

"I am not being paid my rightful and legal share of my royalties by the band for the iTunes sales nor am I receiving any accounting which further compounds the situation.

"Let me also add that not only am I not associated with FREAKSHOW but neither is [bassist] Tony Franklin beyond the recording of the record, yet both are names continued to be misused in an attempt to sell this product as if we have further association.

"I am not a participating member of FREAKSHOW, plain and simple."

Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freakshow   Freakshow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Freakshow
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next