Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal

Go down 
+10
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
MoonChild
DallasBlack
Temple of Blood
Wargod
mc666
metalhead777
tohostudios
Shawn Of Fire
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal Empty
PostSubject: Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal   Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 6:56 pm

And the best part...ALL CLEAN VOCALS!!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal   Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 7:06 pm

Interesting but I wouldn't call it modern melodic metal.

To me it sounds more like metalcore without the core; IMO melodic metal implies an emphasis on melody with I don't hear in this song. This sounds more like "melodic thrash" to me. I do appreciate the clean vocals for this style but when I read "modern melodic metal" I thought we would be hearing something like an updated version of Gotthard or something. I couldn't hum this tune if my life depended on it so it doesn't fit my definition of "melodic".

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal   Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 7:10 pm

Your loss bro...I can't stop singing it...the chorus/pre-chorus is killer!! This is very much modern melodic metal...the vocals are fantastic! Metalcore?? No way! No breakdown, no screaming, no pseudo-agression...total melody driven metal!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal   Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 7:13 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Your loss bro...I can't stop singing it...the chorus/pre-chorus is killer!! This is very much modern melodic metal...the vocals are fantastic! Metalcore?? No way! No breakdown, no screaming, no pseudo-agression...total melody driven metal!

Like I said, it reminds me of metalcore without the "core" part. No screaming, no aggression but also no melody I can remember. Sure I can hear a "tune" but there's no hook to my ears so I can't remember it. It reminds me of thrash with better vocals.

I guess I like more "immediacy" in my music. I tend to like songs that are instantly memorable for me and I don't get that from this.

Last edited by tohostudios on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal   Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 7:14 pm

Ok...

I love that hook starting at :49...and this dude has a great voice, IMO.

Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal   Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 7:15 pm

If its all cleans then I wouldn't call it death metal really.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal   Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 7:16 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Ok...

I love that hook starting at :49...and this dude has a great voice, IMO.

Nothing at all wrong with the guy's voice. My issue is with the song.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal   Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 7:17 pm

metalhead777 wrote:

scratch

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal   Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 7:18 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
metalhead777 wrote:

scratch

Yeah, I wasn't sure where that came from either. Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal 778825

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal   Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 7:44 pm

watching the singer, makes me think of DallasBlack's karaoke vids.

great song. gets your head bobbin.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal   Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 7:53 pm

Well I listened again. I still can't tell where the verse stops and the chorus begins; it just sounds like a bunch of riffs thrown together in one song. I guess that's why it reminds me of thrash because that's what thrash sounds like to me.

I do like the singer's voice though.

EDIT: BTW, I'm not trying to be argumentative or anything; I'm trying to expand my musical horizons to make sure I'm not missing anything. With this, I just don't think I like this.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal   Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 8:27 pm

I don't hear the core in parts but in certtain areas it does have the modern sound but overall I think it is pretty good.

Wargod
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal   Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 8:28 pm

It's okay Toho, I don't like it either. It sounds like a mash-up of styles that don't really fit together.

I just found it dull.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal   Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm

Agreed with SD.

There should be a new genre name for bands who write songs that combine the weakest riffs of 8 different genres and have cheesy pop choruses.

I know when I'm 60 I'm gonna be longing for the good ole days of Djent and how the current styles are even worse.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal   Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 3:53 am

It's ok Shawn, I'm with you, I like it. No suprise that three of the pickiest HoM posters don't (though with Toho you can never really predict what he won't like).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal   Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 7:14 am

Good song, nice music.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal   Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 10:17 am

Pleasant enough.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal   Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:13 am

Laughing TOB already is 60. I know more bands he doesn't like then anyone else.

It's a good song, singer reminds me of someone but I can't place it.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal   Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:31 am

There's nothing wrong with knowing what you like and what you don't like.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal   Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:43 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
There's nothing wrong with knowing what you like and what you don't like.

Not at all. As a matter of fact I kind of envy their pickiness. I could really benefit by being more picky. You take a real picky music fan and give both of us a couple $100 thousand for music purchases only, I'd probably run out of money long before they did.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal   Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 12:59 pm

That's really good death metal.

Actually , I like it. The singer sounds fantastic and excellent music.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal   Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 1:07 pm

007 wrote:

where are you guys getting death metal? the thread title says "Modern Melodic Metal".

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal   Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 1:13 pm

mc666 wrote:
007 wrote:

where are you guys getting death metal? the thread title says "Modern Melodic Metal".

I was just joking about that coming up earlier in the thread. I have no idea where the thought of that being death metal came from.
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal   Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 7:07 pm

I like it....good song, wouldn't mind hearing more from them.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal   Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:35 am

http://vanisher.bandcamp.com

VANISHER's new album 'Unbound' is now streaming on Bandcamp...fantastic stuff!!!

Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal 699158280-1

PostSubject: Re: Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal   Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vanisher - Modern Melodic Metal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next