Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea

Go down 
+8
Temple of Blood
GrandNational
James B.
Hadley
exact33
TheGreatDuck
tohostudios
Cognitive Dissonance
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Cognitive Dissonance
Metal student
Metal student
Cognitive Dissonance

Number of posts : 124

My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea Empty
PostSubject: My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea   My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 8:27 am

As far as you know has any band made an album that crossed metal-sub genres? What I mean is an album containing a:
glam song
thrash song
death metal song
black metal song
doom metal
a crossover song
a nu-metal song
an industrial metal song
speed metal (like Agent Steel or early B.G.)
..... and any other sub-genres I can't think of right now? Has this ever been done?
I was thinking this could be a concept album of some sort. Do you have any suggestions on a band that could pull this off? Would you even want to listen to a metal album like this? I would love to see some band pull this off....
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea   My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:09 am

I think it's an interesting idea. I don't know of a single band that could do it all by themselves but somebody who already crosses several genres (like Dan Swano) could pull together an album with a bunch of guests.

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea   My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:19 am

You can't have a glam song...Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea   My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:45 am

throw in a prog metal song too!

Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea   My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:07 am

Alice Cooper could probably pull it off (though it would be weird to hear Alice using death growls or black metal screams) since he's done most of that stuff before.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea   My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:41 am

I think having a strict concept written and performed by individual bands/performers would work better. Say doing a story of the discovery/colonization/genocide /exploitation of the Americas. An Italian power metal band could do a tune about Columbus and a Norwegian death metal band could do a tune about Leif Ericson.....ect ect. opinion

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea   My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 4:08 pm

do it with different band doing one song

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea   My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 5:48 pm

exact33 wrote:

That is kinda/sorta what I meant \'arry \'eadbanger

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea   My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:02 pm

James B. wrote:
exact33 wrote:

That is kinda/sorta what I meant \'arry \'eadbanger

sorry... i didnt get it apparently..

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea   My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:06 pm

My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea 778825

That's OK. I just now noticed that your sig has all the King's rivals in the background. I think you should put Jared in there somewhere.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea   My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:26 pm

tohostudios wrote:
My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea 778825

That's OK. I just now noticed that your sig has all the King's rivals in the background. I think you should put Jared in there somewhere.

you didnt notice Grimace before now??

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea   My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:27 pm

Ayreon could probably pull this off since all the albums feature a bunch of artists from all over the metal world. Maybe Therion too, but less so than Ayreon.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea   My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 7:08 pm

Interesting idea but no one person could write great songs in all those styles. Not even the guys from Jellyfish.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea   My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:47 pm

I find it much more interesting to hear a band play the style that fits them, not to try and be something they are not.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea   My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:14 pm

Maybe Queen could've pulled it off.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea   My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:58 pm

Cognitive Dissonance wrote:
As far as you know has any band made an album that crossed metal-sub genres? What I mean is an album containing a:
glam song
thrash song
death metal song
black metal song
doom metal
a crossover song
a nu-metal song
an industrial metal song
speed metal (like Agent Steel or early B.G.)
..... and any other sub-genres I can't think of right now? Has this ever been done?
I was thinking this could be a concept album of some sort. Do you have any suggestions on a band that could pull this off? Would you even want to listen to a metal album like this? I would love to see some band pull this off....
I don't really think an album full of vastly different musical styles would work as a concept album. It doesn't make sense.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea   My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 12:17 am

It might need at least 2 vocalist to get the job done and a really skilled guitar player like James Murphy, whom I believe can do a wide array of extreme metal styles , and nail it with utmost expertise

and pleez omit the 'Glam', that doesn't work Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea   My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 5:02 am

A friend of mine was also intrigued by such an idea. He has played in several different bands, from a Kiss cover band to Euro-power metal to melodic death, and was into the idea of mashing it all together into 1 band. It never happened though.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea   My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 7:40 am

It would be interesting I would certainly give it a listen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea   My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Eclectic Metal Concept Album Idea
Page 1 of 1