Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. - Davy Jones (The Monkees)

Go down 
+19
mikeinfla
tohostudios
Leatherface
A Handful of Wayne
arachnoplasma
stepcousin
Metal Misfit
Hamer12
Dark Horseman
James B.
Troublezone
chewie
ShadowAngel
manny
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Ricky
DallasBlack
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

R.I.P. - Davy Jones (The Monkees) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - Davy Jones (The Monkees)   R.I.P. - Davy Jones (The Monkees) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:28 pm

I watched The Monkees all the time back in the 80s when MTV re-ran all the episodes...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - Davy Jones (The Monkees)   R.I.P. - Davy Jones (The Monkees) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:04 pm

The Monkees were one of the reasons I got into rock music when I was 4 or 5 years old

The oldies radio station I only listen to these days, is where I learned the news yesterday was playing mostly songs that had Mickey Dolenz on lead vocals instead.

I own some stuff by them

R.I.P. - Davy Jones (The Monkees) - Page 2 Davy%2B003
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - Davy Jones (The Monkees)   R.I.P. - Davy Jones (The Monkees) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 5:18 pm

Growing up in South Bend Ind. we used to get Channel 32 out of Chicago. They would show reruns of old television all morning. They would do a Monkees block at nine. In the summer I would never miss that and the Three's Company block. Such a vivid memory of childhood sitting in the kitchen watching the small TV my mom kept on the counter. Even if I'd seen the episode many times before I still enjoyed it. RIP Davy, and thanks for entertaining me as a child.

And as much as I loved the television show (and their music was cool too) one of my biggest movie disappointments was Head. I so wanted to love it, and just hated it. Don't even think I could drag myself to re-visit it.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - Davy Jones (The Monkees)   R.I.P. - Davy Jones (The Monkees) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:21 pm

Too bad about Davy, kinda just hit me he died at 66, and the tv show premiered in '66

Not to mention I was born in '66!

Somebody at work told me the news, and I got the feeling she was a huge
Davy Jones and Monkees fan and was not taking it well. She started telling me things about
the group and one thing that stuck out was, she said Michael Nesmith's mother invented
Whiteout! Oh well, R.I.P. Davy.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - Davy Jones (The Monkees)   R.I.P. - Davy Jones (The Monkees) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 7:57 pm

Just finished watching an episode of Spongebob that had a guest appearance from Davy Jones. Mr. Krabbs was almost doomed to spend eternity in 'Davy Jones' Locker.
lol!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - Davy Jones (The Monkees)   R.I.P. - Davy Jones (The Monkees) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:18 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Just finished watching an episode of Spongebob that had a guest appearance from Davy Jones. Mr. Krabbs was almost doomed to spend eternity in 'Davy Jones' Locker.
lol!

Yep, I just saw that one too. Tried to explain the joke to my kids but they just didn't get it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - Davy Jones (The Monkees)   R.I.P. - Davy Jones (The Monkees) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:35 am

Yup, I've seen that one too. That's part of the charm of Spongebob. They put stuff in there for the adults too.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - Davy Jones (The Monkees)   R.I.P. - Davy Jones (The Monkees) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:16 am

ha, thanks. I never watched Spongebob.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. - Davy Jones (The Monkees)   R.I.P. - Davy Jones (The Monkees) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. - Davy Jones (The Monkees)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2