Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Light In the Dark

Go down 
+6
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
exact33
Olafsto
Dark Horseman
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

A Light In the Dark Empty
PostSubject: A Light In the Dark   A Light In the Dark Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 5:47 pm

I keep hoping Metal Church will reform and do something along these lines. I liked This Present Wasteland but felt it could use more aggressiveness like Light did. And Temples of the Sea is epic.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: A Light In the Dark   A Light In the Dark Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 7:37 am

I like all their albums with Munroe, i waited long before buying This Present Wasteland, read some lukewarm reviews and the general talk on forums was not very enthusiastic. Was very pleasantly surprised by it and i think it is too bad they called it a day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: A Light In the Dark   A Light In the Dark Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 7:53 am

I like all things Metal Church. It took me awhile to get This Present Wasteland too but I also found it to be very enjoyable. A Light In The Dark is killer. Really strong songs on it. Here's to Metal Church reforming !
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: A Light In the Dark   A Light In the Dark Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 8:20 am

I really like blessing in Disguise.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: A Light In the Dark   A Light In the Dark Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 10:02 am

I was just listening to This Present Wasteland and was thinking how boring and unmemorable it is. I had it on in my car on the way into work about a week or so ago. When I got back in my car that night to head home, I had to pop the disc out to see who it was. I couldn't remember what cd I was listening to.

Overall I guess it's not a bad cd, it's certainly not unlistenable or anything like that. I just don't think of it as a Metal Chruch cd. It could be any generic heavy/power metal band. It has no personality.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: A Light In the Dark   A Light In the Dark Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 10:11 am

I'm with MG on this. When Metal Church got back together I was psyched cuz they'd been one of my fave 80s bands, but MASTERPEACE was an out-and-out disaster (how did they not notice that David Wayne's voice was shot?) and none of the three discs with Munroe on vox did much for me either. Each of them had one or two songs that were semi-decent and then a whole lotta "meh."

...which was a serious bummer for me cuz I really WANTED to like those albums. Each time they came out with a new disc I hoped that it would be "the one" that got them back on track and it never really happened.

I'd heard that the "new" lineup could really throw down live, though I never got the chance to see them for myself. Maybe they would've been better off remaining a "live band" instead of coming up with new studio stuff.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: A Light In the Dark   A Light In the Dark Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 11:57 am

I can understand what you're saying but I listened to Masterpeace so much it kind of grew on me. Not a lot of that kind of metal being made when it came out. I had no expectations for albums with Munroe and was pleasantly surprised by Weight of the World though it couldn't touch earlier MC. Then Light came out and was leaps better in my book.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: A Light In the Dark   A Light In the Dark Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 12:01 pm

I kinda like Masterpeace. It's been awhile since I've spun it, but I remember liking it rather well. I'll have to give that one a fresh listen and see if anythings changed.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: A Light In the Dark   A Light In the Dark Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 2:23 pm

Well, you're probably deafer now so it might be stellar to your ears. crazy happy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: A Light In the Dark   A Light In the Dark Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 3:00 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Well, you're probably deafer now so it might be stellar to your ears. A Light In the Dark 209773

I'm surprised noone has thought to blame my old age and the early onset of alsheimer's for not remembering what cd I was playing that morning. Even if that was the case, I'm still blaming Metal Church and their subpar performance here.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: A Light In the Dark   A Light In the Dark Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 3:45 pm

Go with the excuses. Whatever helps you sleep at night. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: A Light In the Dark   A Light In the Dark Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 10:36 pm

I saw them live on their final tour and they sounded amazing. Excellent show.

On album, not so much.
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: A Light In the Dark   A Light In the Dark Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 3:55 am

I liked A Light in the Dark well enough. Haven't really spent much time listening to the other albums with Munroe though to be honest, and I still haven't heard Masterpeace.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: A Light In the Dark   A Light In the Dark Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:24 am

I will admit to being jaded and a fanboy of MC.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: A Light In the Dark   A Light In the Dark Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:29 pm

I'm playing Masterpeace right now. Sounds as good as I remember it, but it doesn't seem to get much love from the Metal Church loyalists.

What is it you don't like about the Masterpeace album?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: A Light In the Dark   A Light In the Dark Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:36 pm

Quote :
What is it you don't like about the Masterpeace album?

It just lacked the "crunch" that earlier MC albums had, and Wayne's voice sounded shot to me. I was hopin' to hear some of those Udo style growly screams he was so good at but he sounded like he couldn't pull those off anymore.

Mind you, I gave that album two chances. Bought it as a new release, didn't care for it much, traded it off. Years later, having a hole in the midst of my otherwise-complete MC collection was bugging the hell out of my OCD so I re-acquired it... and it still didn't do anything for me.

I tried, I really tried.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: A Light In the Dark   A Light In the Dark Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 5:18 pm

You might like that WAYNE solo album. I think it's great. His voice sounds much better, the songs and guitar playing are also MUCH better than "Masterpiece". The only thing that might be a little lacking is the drumming. 3rd best METAL CHURCH album!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: A Light In the Dark   A Light In the Dark Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 7:45 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
You might like that WAYNE solo album. I think it's great. His voice sounds much better, the songs and guitar playing are also MUCH better than "Masterpiece". The only thing that might be a little lacking is the drumming. 3rd best METAL CHURCH album!

Oh yeah, I have the "Wayne" album and like that one much better than "Masterpeace."

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: A Light In the Dark   A Light In the Dark Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:42 pm

As do I though I will defend Masterpeace.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: A Light In the Dark   A Light In the Dark Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:01 pm

Yeah same here-Wayne is the better of the 2 but by no means is Masterpeace a slouch. I would have loved to have heard a second Wayne album.Too bad.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: A Light In the Dark   A Light In the Dark Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:01 am

I have that Wayne disc. I'll have to pull that one out and see how it compares to Masterpeace.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: A Light In the Dark   A Light In the Dark Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:26 am

I bet they're similar. Shiny on one side, kind of muted on the other.

A Light In the Dark 798255
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: A Light In the Dark   A Light In the Dark Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:34 am

A Light In the Dark 6a00d8341c4fe353ef01157038ca3e970c-800wi

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: A Light In the Dark   A Light In the Dark Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:39 am

Thank-you, i'll be all week. Don't forget to peel the TP off your shoe before you leave.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: A Light In the Dark   A Light In the Dark Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 7:42 am

The WAYNE solo album, MASTERPIECE and A LIGHT IN THE DARK are great albums and very underrated by metal fans worldwide. Sad but true. Same happens with many of the later JAG PANZER albums, underrated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Light In the Dark   A Light In the Dark Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Light In the Dark
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next