Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+28
akeldama
AmongTheRest
metalinmyveins
Hamer12
SpectreFate
DeathCult
sheets
Sword Of The Heretic
Leatherface
Joe
James B.
Required Fields
jstate
Hadley
Witchfinder
DallasBlack
Andy
mikeinfla
Addy
Ricky
CRIMSONMASK
mlotek
A Handful of Wayne
Lari
ShadowAngel
tohostudios
ProgDoom
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 11:17 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 9:22 pm

I had a thought today at work about an old Wrestlemania match that can be said to be made in heaven now:

Macho King Randy Savage & Sensational Queen Sherri vs. The American Dream Dusty Rhodes & Sapphire (with Mrs. Elizabeth at ringside)

Except for the referee, everyone involved in that match is now gone.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 7:36 am

Witchfinder wrote:
The Vaudevillians are a comedy tag team with a creative entrance.  They won't get over on the main roster because they are a tag team and WWE doesn't care about tag teams.  They are doomed.

30 years too late. They would've made it in the WWF of the mid 80's.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 7:40 am

A special called Celebrating the Dream will air on the WWE Network this Monday after RAW. It will, of course, celebrate the life and career of “The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes, who passed away yesterday.

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 38 Dusty-Rhodes-Hard-times

As recently as the last PPV I thought of the "Dusty Finish". Ambrose gets a clean win over Seth Rollins only to have it "reversed to a DQ". Total BS after years of hearing "the referee's decision is always final!". I'm ready for Brock to come back and clean house.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 3:26 pm

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 38 MV06lML
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 6:46 pm

I'll be watching Money In The Bank tonight. Hopefully it's not too predictable. Usually these minor PPVs are but KO's surprise win last time gives me some hope for little surprises at the PPVs. However, if not I won't cry over it. I watch them just because I have the WWE Network which turns $40-60 PPVs into $10 ones (actually less when you take into account the fact we're getting one every 2 weeks).
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 7:11 pm

i'll be VERY surprised if Cena puts over Owens in two consecutive matches.

I also hope The New Day is allowed to keep the tag titles. Besides the fact that I love there schtick now, I also like their throwback to the way The Fabulous Freebirds used to defend the tag titles; a three-man team where you don't know which two will be defending the titles.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 7:41 pm

tohostudios wrote:
i'll be VERY surprised if Cena puts over Owens in two consecutive matches.  

I also hope The New Day is allowed to keep the tag titles.  Besides the fact that I love there schtick now, I also like their throwback to the way The Fabulous Freebirds used to defend the tag titles; a three-man team where you don't know which two will be defending the titles.  

Yeah, that's the concern about KO. Going over Cena once is one thing. Two times in a row is another. Lets not forget the countless guys getting a win over Cena only to get pushed back down the ladder.

I also agree with the New Day. After risking life and limb to entertain people, Kofi finally has someplace to shine. Same thing with Carlton on steroids (as a place to shine-he hasn't risked much). We have enough big guys playing the silent tough guy.

Roman Reigns winning MitB is also as much written in stone as a Cena victory. That and a Rollins win. No problem with the last one as Rollins is one of the best all around superstar they have right now (miles ahead on the mic above Reigns and a better in ring performer than Ambrose and again miles ahead of Reigns).
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 8:14 pm

They had a 10 bell salute to Dusty. Not afraid to admit, I teared up (if Vince can tear up, why not me Very Happy). Not just from the loss of a legend but from the emotion showed by those who knew him well. That is why all wrestling tributes cause me to emote (death of Eddie, seeing the old footage from the death of Owen, the in ring tribute to Flair's retirement, etc.). It's more about the empathy I feel for the impression he left on others.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 12:36 am

If you haven't and plan on watching Money In The Bank, don't read this.

Cena vs. KO was another great match between these two even if most of us knew what the outcome would be. Of course Cena won, however I liked the after attack on Cena. Too often we see a heel and a face have a hard grueling match where the face wins and shakes the hand of the heel and the heel walks away. A fake hand shake hasn't been seen in quite a while. Also fits KO. He needs to be a sore loser and a cheap attack artist. Maybe he might win the rubber match but history tells us no.

Why do we have a PPV called Money In The Bank when the match it's named after is the preliminary match? I understand the world title match being the Main Event but if your going to name the PPV MitB wouldn't make sense to at least have it second to last?

Nikky Bella won thanks to Twin Magic again. However, Nikky had her hair down and Brie had a pony tail. So your opponent has long hair flying all over the place and when you bring her back in her hair is up and you don't find anything amiss? We're supposed to feel sorry for Paige but you can't tell me there isn't anyone thinking she deserved to lose by being so stupid.

As far as MitB, I pretty much knew it'd either be Reigns or Sheamus. After Bray attacked Reigns, I knew it'd be Sheamus. Not sure how I feel about this. I think the new Sheamus should have the MitB contract. However, Bray vs. Reigns is just another way to push Reigns while keeping Bray as glorified enhancement talent. I understand pushing Reigns, but Bray needs a feud he'll actually win.

Prime Time Players pick up the tag titles from New Day. This was the only unpredictable match. I was sure New Day would win. However, PTP are a pretty good tag team and deserve at least one run with the titles. Though, I'm pretty sure if Tyson Kid didn't get injured, him and Cesaro would have been in the match instead and declared the winners.

The title match was a pretty good one. Both guys put on a great performance and Ambrose showed that he is one of the best sellers in WWE. Even though I knew Rollins would win, there were small doubts when Ambrose got the upper hand and both came crashing down holding the title. As previously stated, as far as mic skills and in ring work, Rollins is one of the best they have so I won't be surprised if he hold on until Summerslam.

Pretty good minor PPV. While most of the match outcomes were highly predictable, the matches themselves were pretty good. Next PPV won't be for five weeks. Quite a wait considering we had three in a row separated by just a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 12:24 pm

A Dusty Rhodes classic:

https://youtu.be/wrX6KAKh_g4?t=2m25s
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 12:28 pm

MITB was okay I guess. I was only watching it for the Cena-Owens match and that delivered in spades. It made sense to have Cena go over so we could get the rubber match at Battleground. Frankly, these guys should do 5 or 7 matches if they are all of this quality. Hats off to Cena too. He's working the matches of his career and making Owens look like a million bucks. Like DB said the match had a great ending with KO cheap shotting Cena.

I didn't really care about any of the other matches and Seamus winning is a joke. That dude is a albino charisma vacuum. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 2:07 pm

One other thing about Michael Cole's commentary at MitB (especially in the KO/Cena match). Almost every single pinfall attempt was met with so and so "for the win". You could play a drinking game when watching a WWE match with Cole on commentary. Take a shot for each time he says "vintage" or "for the win". Actually, probably not a good idea. You'd die of alcohol poisoning before the show was over.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 2:16 pm

Ditto for all the times Vince would yell 'WHAT A MANEUVER!!"
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 2:52 pm

Sword Of The Heretic wrote:
Ditto for all the times Vince would yell 'WHAT A MANEUVER!!"

Well Vince does think Cole is the best play-by-play guy they have. Birds of a feather...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 5:30 pm

I can't believe how much they've sabotaged Bray Wyatt.  I blame the whole feud with Cena.  He was a white hot heel there for a while and now he's what DB said, "enhancement talent".  I don't get it.  He's got charisma, mic skills and some unique moves (like that weird looking upside-down crab-walk thing).  

I've said it a million times but I'll say it again, Paul Heyman could have made a fortune with that guy.  Look what he did with Raven and the Flock. Similar gimmick.

Part of the problem is the PG thing. Raven could do crucifixions, kidnappings, whippings, etc. He was in so many great bloodbaths with Sandman. Bray could do exactly the same thing. Oh, but then the little kiddies would start to cry.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 8:08 pm

Damn! WWE sure is great at video tributes. I teared up watching the one for Dusty Rhodes that opened tonight's Raw.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 8:18 pm

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Seth Rollins is great here!

"People all over the world will be naming their kids after me!"

"Take a good look Cleveland; it's the only championship you're ever going to see!"

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 8:36 pm

Watching Smackdown.

Man, KO is great on the mic in a subtle way. He doesn't scream or yell but it's still obvious he's a heel. "Say it into the mic. 'You won'. " And then Cesaro shows up. That could be a good match but given where each wrestlers' careers are at this point I'm betting KO ends up winning after letting Cesaro get a few good shots in.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 9:35 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Watching Smackdown.

Man, KO is great on the mic in a subtle way.  He doesn't scream or yell but it's still obvious he's a heel.  "Say it into the mic. 'You won'. "  And then Cesaro shows up.  That could be a good match but given where each wrestlers' careers are at this point I'm betting KO ends up winning after letting Cesaro get a few good shots in.  

It's funny. I heard someone complain that KO is too soft spoken and subtle. I'm guessing they weren't watching wrestling during Jake "The Snake" Roberts' time. He was another guy who could get his point across without screaming or yelling and he was considered one of the best talkers at the time.

I agree that Cesaro will/would lose that match. Despite the fans liking him and him being so strong and good in the ring, they just don't know what to do with him when not part of a tag team. I don't see him going very far despite his talents.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 9:53 pm

It's a weird kind of talent to be soft-spoken and calm yet still come across as extremely menacing. Kevin Owens has that in spades.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 10:00 pm

Hmmm..

I actually kinda like this feud between Bray Wyatt and Roman Reigns.  It's elevating Bray and bringing back the sinister nature of his character.   Reminds me a lot of Raven and Sandman in the old ECW days. Too bad Bray is constrained by the stupid PG rating of WWE; Raven could do all kinds of evil stuff in ECW that Bray can't possibly do in WWE with that stupid rating in place.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 11:29 am

Speaking of commentators, here's my favorite:

And of course "A Pearl Harbor job!". Love Monsoon & Heenan!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 am

Just finished the Hulu version of RAW. I was ticked off that of all the stuff they could have cut out, they left Water Pistol Kelly's performance in. Then KO came in and threw him around. That was almost the best part of the show... until Brock came back (though it was pretty predictable).

BTW, props to that Kelly dude for taking that bump. Surprised he didn't break his bony body Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 12:12 am

We may be on the verge of losing another legend:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/588839-wwe-hall-of-famer-suffers-a-heart-attack-currently-in-critical-condition

Hopefully all goes well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: