Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+28
akeldama
AmongTheRest
metalinmyveins
Hamer12
SpectreFate
DeathCult
sheets
Sword Of The Heretic
Leatherface
Joe
James B.
Required Fields
jstate
Hadley
Witchfinder
DallasBlack
Andy
mikeinfla
Addy
Ricky
CRIMSONMASK
mlotek
A Handful of Wayne
Lari
ShadowAngel
tohostudios
ProgDoom
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 8:34 am

Almost exactly like that Dog the Bounty Hunter fiasco a few years back. Then the Paula Dean thing too. The P.C. police will dig up your dirt and make it a big deal in the media. I guess It's the price of fame now... Funny how no one ever hears about a non-white person getting in trouble for the same thing though... There is a big double standard.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 4:40 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Almost exactly like that Dog the Bounty Hunter fiasco a few years back. Then the Paula Dean thing too. The P.C. police will dig up your dirt and make it a big deal in the media. I guess It's the price of fame now... Funny how no one ever hears about a non-white person getting in trouble for the same thing though... There is a big double standard.

I've noticed the same thing. You can still watch George Jefferson on TVLand calling people honky on a regular basis so why is it ok and how is it any different?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 12:17 am

Because black people had years of oppression at the hands of white people who should feel guilty because of it. They have the right to use whatever language they want and white people just have to shut up.

Course saying that makes me a target for the "shut up" crowd. Though I don't think there are any here in the wrestling thread.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 2:31 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Because black people had years of oppression at the hands of white people who should feel guilty because of it. They have the right to use whatever language they want and white people just have to shut up.

Course saying that makes me a target for the "shut up" crowd. Though I don't think there are any here in the wrestling thread.

I hate that way of thinking. Why should I feel guilty for the actions of another person that existed over a hundred years before I was born? I never owned a slave and neither has any other white person in modern times. How many whites even had slaves? I would guess not too many... Maybe a select few rich plantation owners. I heard some blacks owned other blacks in Africa as well. The Egyptians were doing it back in ancient times. It's just unfortunate that some people in history believed they were superior to others based on their wealth and status.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 3:52 am

Troublezone wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

I hate that way of thinking. Why should I feel guilty for the actions of another person that existed over a hundred years before I was born? I never owned a slave and neither has any other white person in modern times. How many whites even had slaves? I would guess not too many... Maybe a select few rich plantation owners. I heard some blacks owned other blacks in Africa as well. The Egyptians were doing it back in ancient times. It's just unfortunate that some people in history believed they were superior to others based on their wealth and status.

Exactly! Yet some people still insist. There is a college professor somewhere (can't remember what college) that said even if you never owned a slave, you as a white person has benefited from slave labor, therefore just as guilty. There's just no reasoning with those people.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 4:55 pm

The lollipop incident

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 5:15 pm

Lari wrote:
The lollipop incident

Whatever floats your boat. As for me: sick
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 7:05 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Exactly! Yet some people still insist. There is a college professor somewhere (can't remember what college) that said even if you never owned a slave, you as a white person has benefited from slave labor, therefore just as guilty. There's just no reasoning with those people.

That college professor is a moron! It's like saying that because I'm part German, I need to take responsibility for what happened to the Jews. I truly do feel sad about what happened, but I had nothing to do with it. Some of these liberals are way out of line and a little crazy to say these things.

Last edited by Troublezone on Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 7:12 pm

Lari wrote:
The lollipop incident

I'd hate to know what they do in the locker room. sick
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 7:09 pm

Another wrestling great is gone.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/the-turnstile/wrestling-superstar-roddy-piper-dead-at-61-224152886.html

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 7:20 pm

Damn. So soon after Dusty, too. It's been a horrible year.

I've recently been watching the old Main Events on the Network (I'm up to 1988 now), and I don't even need to say it, but Piper was one of a kind. Those promos were crazy, incredible and genius all together. He is a top 5 wrestler/entertainer on my personal list (Randy Savage is on that list, too).

Thank you for everything, Hot Rod! You had an amazing career and life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 7:27 pm

I only know him from They Live and Hell Comes To Frogtown, but R.I.P. nonetheless, always thought he was entertaining.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 7:28 pm

Yeah, Hot Rod's promos were famous/infamous.  He was notorious for going off-script and sort of rambling on.  But that's what made his promos great; you never knew what he was going to say.   And he was tough as nails. 

One of my favorites whether he was a heel or a face.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 7:29 pm

S.D. wrote:
I only know him from They Live and Hell Comes To Frogtown, but R.I.P. nonetheless, always thought he was entertaining.  

Hell Comes To Frogtown is a great movie in that "Fat Freddy Cheese-fest" sort of way.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 8:21 pm

Shocked I'm almost speechless! Of all the wrestlers to go before their senior years hit their stride, this was one I don't think anybody saw coming. A part from getting a little thicker around the middle, Piper always seemed to be healthy for his age. Just think, Jake Roberts will probably outlive Piper (he's a year younger)!

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 8:52 pm

That really saddens me. One of my all-time favorites. My wife was the one who told me and I didn't believe her at first. R.I.P. Hot Rod ! You will truly be missed.

-------

http://www.heartofmetal.net/viewtopic.forum?t=22943
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: