Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New band with former Trouble members.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

New band with former Trouble members. Empty
PostSubject: New band with former Trouble members.   New band with former Trouble members. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 6:54 pm

Original TROUBLE Members Form THE SKULL - Feb. 10, 2012

Two original members of Chicago doom legends TROUBLE — vocalist Eric Wagner and drummer Jeff "Oly" Olson — have joined forces with the band's longtime bassist Ron Holzner in a new heavy rock/doom metal act called THE SKULL. According to a statement on the band's Facebook page, "THE SKULL is here to do one thing... rock you with the sounds and spirit of TROUBLE — past, present, future. Tour coming soon..."

Wagner, Olson and original TROUBLE bassist Sean McAllister shared the stage for the first time since 1986 during Olson's RETRO GRAVE set on June 18, 2011 at the Days Of The Doomed Fest in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

Video footage of Wagner, Olson and McAllister performing the song "Victim Of The Insane", which was written by Olson for TROUBLE's full-length debut "Psalm 9" (1984), can be viewed below.

TROUBLE formed in 1979 and released several classic albums like "Trouble", "Manic Frustration" and "Plastic Green Head".

Eric was one of the guest singers on Dave Grohl's (NIRVANA, FOO FIGHTERS) heavy metal side project PROBOT, whose 2004 album featured heavy metal vocalists from the '80s and '90s. Wagner also makes a guest appearance in the forthcoming horror film "Jezebeth" (written and directed by Damien Dante of Satania 6 Films), to be released on Blu-ray in early 2012.

Eric Wagner left TROUBLE in April 2008, citing his disdain for the touring life as the main reason for his departure.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New band with former Trouble members.   New band with former Trouble members. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 6:58 pm

This reminds me of that LA Guns thing... You've got the original singer and drummer in one band and the original/founding guitar player(s) in the other.

angry
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New band with former Trouble members.   New band with former Trouble members. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:02 pm

Sigh....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New band with former Trouble members.   New band with former Trouble members. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:03 pm

Oh Good Grief. Just get the band back together already.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New band with former Trouble members.   New band with former Trouble members. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:07 pm

For those guys to leave Trouble and now return with a different version points to some control issues on someone's part... I guess Bruce and Rick may have been pulling a Hetfield/Ulrich power trip maybe?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New band with former Trouble members.   New band with former Trouble members. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:15 pm

Since none of them have actual careers at this point, I'm not sure what they could be power-tripping about.

Bruce hinted to me that Eric's departure had more to do with him not being able to keep his vices under control while touring, it was too much of a temptation and he wasn't reliable.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New band with former Trouble members.   New band with former Trouble members. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:25 pm

S.D. wrote:
Since none of them have actual careers at this point, I'm not sure what they could be power-tripping about.

Bruce hinted to me that Eric's departure had more to do with him not being able to keep his vices under control while touring, it was too much of a temptation and he wasn't reliable.

Bruce seems like a cool guy that wouldn't lie... so you're probably right.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: New band with former Trouble members.   New band with former Trouble members. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 9:32 am

Jeez, talk about a soap opera!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New band with former Trouble members.   New band with former Trouble members. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 5:03 pm

What the hell?? Just be Trouble! No more activity than the actual Trouble has, I don't see a reason for there to be 2 versions of the same band...sheesh.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New band with former Trouble members.   New band with former Trouble members. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 10:37 pm

angry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New band with former Trouble members.   New band with former Trouble members. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New band with former Trouble members.
Page 1 of 1