Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Angel Dust news?

Go down 
+11
Zdan
7thSaviour
Lari
kmorg
Wargod
Shawn Of Fire
snooloui
thejokeriv
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

Any Angel Dust news? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 3:12 am

I like later Angel Dust but really to me the best thing they have done is the two first albums. Re-release those and I am happy.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 6:24 am

Don't like the first one. Too thrashy for me, but "To Dust..." is somewhere in the top of late 80's German steele. Right there with the first 2 Scanner albums. Seriously, why no one plays speed metal in it's pure form?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:04 am

I like all Angel Dust. They really changed stylistically over the years but they're all good to my ears. My favorite of theirs is To Dust You Will Decay. Phenomenal album !
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:07 am

As for someone reissuing the first two, I am going to try and track them down for Divebomb...BUT I have a feeling that I am not the first person/label to attempt to get these first 2 albums officially...if they've not been reissued, I suspect that the owner of the material doesn't want it done.

Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:26 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
As for someone reissuing the first two, I am going to try and track them down for Divebomb...BUT I have a feeling that I am not the first person/label to attempt to get these first 2 albums officially...if they've not been reissued, I suspect that the owner of the material doesn't want it done.

Please please please try to do this! If Divebomb would reissue those two in a sort-of deluxe CD set (like with Anacrusis) I would jump at that in a heartbeat. I also agree that the problem might be that the owner of the rights is against it (same case with Jag Panzer or Griffin). But if you manage to do this I would buy this NOW!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:40 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I've never understood the reasoning behind that ? Why on earth would you want to block something like that? Wouldn't you stand to make some cash off these types of things?
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:51 am

007 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I've never understood the reasoning behind that ? Why on earth would you want to block something like that? Wouldn't you stand to make some cash off these types of things?

I can give two examples - one of the guitarists playing on Jag Panzer's "Ample Destruction" (Joey Taffola) is actually quite ashamed that he played on that record and does not want it issued again. Plus money is also a factor in this case.

Another case would be the band classic Detroit hardcore punk band SS Decontrol - their guitarist and leader Al Barile owns the rights to their back catalogue and refuses to re-release it with basically the reasoning that if you were part of the scene then you already own it and if not there is no need for you to have those records. Pretty dumb but a reason.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:01 am

Zdan wrote:
007 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I can give two examples - one of the guitarists playing on Jag Panzer's "Ample Destruction" (Joey Taffola) is actually quite ashamed that he played on that record and does not want it issued again. Plus money is also a factor in this case.

Another case would be the band classic Detroit hardcore punk band SS Decontrol - their guitarist and leader Al Barile owns the rights to their back catalogue and refuses to re-release it with basically the reasoning that if you were part of the scene then you already own it and if not there is no need for you to have those records. Pretty dumb but a reason.

lame Seems like it's all pretty dumb to me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:04 am

Quote :

...which is why Jag Panzer ended up re-recording a bunch of those old songs (plus other early stuff) as the DECADE OF THE NAIL SPIKED BAT comp.

...though I remember a joke going around saying that the band wanted to title that record "F*ck Joey Tafolla In His Ear." Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:07 am

I think so too but there you go. It's either money or some lame personal issue. Of course sometimes one just cannot locate the owner of the rights or the label that released it originally went under etc.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:14 am

Zdan wrote:
I think so too but there you go. It's either money or some lame personal issue. Of course sometimes one just cannot locate the owner of the rights or the label that released it originally went under etc.

In cases like the label going under (which has happened), Divebomb at the very least will get a band member's consent and work something out with them. We have had several people just stop getting back to us...not saying "yes" or "no"...they just stop responding.

Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:23 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Zdan wrote:

In cases like the label going under (which has happened), Divebomb at the very least will get a band member's consent and work something out with them. We have had several people just stop getting back to us...not saying "yes" or "no"...they just stop responding.

I understand that. So are you aiming for Angel Dust reissues? Any other plans? I would love to see a Divebomb treatment of albums like Purgatory "Tied To The Trax" or maybe talk with Shrapnel Records and finall reissue Griffin's "Flight Of The Griffin"?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:29 am

Shrapnel will not come off of anything...that stuff is vaulted until Mike Varney decides he wants to do something with it.

Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:39 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Shrapnel will not come off of anything...that stuff is vaulted until Mike Varney decides he wants to do something with it.

Ah I see. Still he re-released some stuff (Chastain, Apocrypha) recently so we can hope for Griffin. So what do you exactly plan on doing in the case of Angel Dust?

Also as a personal question - why only release "Demon Preacher" by Deathwish on CD? The first one was never released on CD (apart from a bootleg on Keltic Records) so I hoped for that one or two CD-reissue?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:41 am

Zdan wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Ah I see. Still he re-released some stuff (Chastain, Apocrypha) recently so we can hope for Griffin. So what do you exactly plan on doing in the case of Angel Dust?

Also as a personal question - why only release "Demon Preacher" by Deathwish on CD? The first one was never released on CD (apart from a bootleg on Keltic Records) so I hoped for that one or two CD-reissue?

I wasn't involved in the Deathwish deal...Matt knows the particulars.

Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:42 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Zdan wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Ah okay. Still - Divebomb stuff rocks my socks! You do a great job!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:51 am

Zdan wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Zdan wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Ah okay. Still - Divebomb stuff rocks my socks! You do a great job!

Thanks! Glad you dig it!

PostSubject: Re: Any Angel Dust news?   Any Angel Dust news? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Angel Dust news?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2