Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

That Metal Show Season Ten Guests

Go down 
+14
EmoElmo
Wargod
Temple of Blood
Getizzyback
NYCAnt
brokentulsa
metalinmyveins
A Handful of Wayne
James B.
manny
MetalGuy71
Andy
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

That Metal Show Season Ten Guests - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:48 pm

A bit better than last season. but I'm a drummer...so go figure

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 10:10 pm

Good to see Adrian gets a show to himself instead of being paired up with some clown. Awesome to see Schenker as the guest guitarist as UFO and Scorps were a HUGE influence on Maiden and the NWOBHM.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:05 pm

I see a few good guests, but I find this upcoming season to be just as big of a joke as this past season. Pearl Jam? REALLY? Disturbed? Another episode with the dinkus Vinny Paul? COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The others I don't mind seeing.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:16 pm

Is Lars' appearance going to be the rumored "apology" for "Lulu?"

Meh, I'll tune in for the ones w/Adrian Smith, Alice Cooper, the Cult and Newsted I guess.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:29 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Is Lars' appearance going to be the rumored "apology" for "Lulu?"

Not quite. According to co-host Jim Florentine, Lars asked to come on the show to defend it.

It might be interesting to hear if Eddie tries to backtrack on tv after he said he didn't like it on his radio show. He didn't trash it exactly, but was more of the "what were they thinking?" opinion. Will he stick to his guns or kiss Danish arse?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:32 pm

^^ I would think that Lars probably already knows how Eddie feels about "Lulu." If memory serves, the last time he appeared on the show to pimp its release, it was pretty obvious that even FanBoy Numero Uno Eddie was having trouble pretending to sound interested. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:33 pm

This is a much improved guest list, compared to that of last season.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:37 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:

The only thing that would have been guest list even more boring last year was to add Fred Durst as a guest, this year is a bit better.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:40 pm

manny wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

The only thing that would have been guest list even more boring last year was to add Fred Durst as a guest, this year is a bit better.

The Andrew "Dice" Clay guest spot was a total disaster. He literally said nothing funny. Granted one is watching on VH1 and there is only so much one can say without getting bleeped, but I was embarrassed for the guy.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:42 pm

Adding a "guest drummer" has me interested.

I haven't watched the Dice episode yet. I've still got 3 or 4 shows from last season on my tivo that I haven't bothered watching. I don't care what Sully from Godsmack has to say.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:44 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I haven't watched the Dice episode yet. I've still got 3 or 4 shows from last season on my tivo that I haven't bothered watching. I don't care what Sully from Godsmack has to say.

That is a good thing, but Sully was a boring bastard!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:46 pm

manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

That is a good thing, but Sully was a boring bastard!

I enjoy him as a poker player though. The guy has made some deep runs in the WSOP Main Event in the past. He's a good player.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:46 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:

This would be season 5 actually, they pump 2 seasons into 1 year.

Wargod
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 8:59 am

In case anyone gives a Ratt's ass:

The all new season of TMS debuts this Saturday night at 11PM ET on VH1 Classic! There are some changes to the schedule so I have posted the new roll out below. Please note we did shoot 10 all new shows, however VH1 Classic is only showing 8 of them for this next run. The episodes with David Draiman/Adrenaline Mob & Bobby Blotzer/LA Guns WILL AIR, but they will now be included with season 11 and should debut sometime this Summer. This was a network decision I have no control over. But they will air, just at a slightly later date. So starting Saturday 8 new shows kick off. Here is the revised schedule for season 10. Also just a note, Jason Newsted cancelled at the last minute, so he has not yet done a show with us as planned. Premiere dates below. All premieres 11P on VH1 Classic with repeats through the week. Last name listed is guest musician playing in the show. Thanks for watching!

3/31: Lars Ulrich, Robb Flynn, Mike Portnoy

4/7: Alice Cooper, Jack Russell, Brian Tichy

4/14: T&N (George Lynch, Mick Brown, Jeff Pilson), Slash, Brian Tichy

4/21: Adrian Smith, Michael Schenker

4/28: Lemmy, Robert Mason & Jerry Dixon (Warrant) Michael Schenker

5/5: Michael Schenker, Mike McCready (Pear Jam), Frank Hannon

5/12: Billy Duffy & Ian Astbury (The Cult), Doro, Frank Hannon

5/19: Vinnie Paul, Tommy Shaw & JY (Styx), Steve Stevena
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:04 pm

Okay caught a repeat of last nights episode this morning. The Alice segment was great, his lil Elvis story was hilarious. Too bad he couldn't stick around. It was kewl having another opinion on The Top 5, although the picks were generic. The best thing was the guest drummer IMHO. Brian Tichy did some interesting stuff. Jack Russell looks like crap, kewl to see him still up and kickin. Better than last weeks show.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:42 am

James B. wrote:
Okay caught a repeat of last nights episode this morning. The Alice segment was great, his lil Elvis story was hilarious. Too bad he couldn't stick around. It was kewl having another opinion on The Top 5, although the picks were generic. The best thing was the guest drummer IMHO. Brian Tichy did some interesting stuff. Jack Russell looks like crap, kewl to see him still up and kickin. Better than last weeks show.

So, are you adding a punching bag to your kit now? LOL!!!!!

Decent episode - Alice is always a good interview. Two of my friends where at the taping - saw them a few times in the episode, plus I should be able to see them in next week's episode too (they tape two episodes a day, same audience). They tried to get the Adrian Smith episode, but no luck.....
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:49 am

Alice always has great stories, Jack Russell looked alot older then his age, I am not a huge Great White fan ( I only have one disc) but the world does not need two Great White's.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:12 am

Hey manny look for the "Out Of The Night" EP from 1982 which was later re-released as "On Your Knees" in 87'. The Great Zeppelin-A Tribute To Led Zeppelin is killer IMHO

And Leo......no punching bag here. Brian did some "flavor" as opposed to the hack who played drums on last weeks show. Portnoy was way predictable. I am surprised he didn't start a new band with some musicians in the audience while he was there.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:21 am

Jack Russell looked like a walking corpse.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:24 am

I will be on the look out for those two releases from Great White.

Portnoy always has about 1000 bands going on at the same time, its almost to the point of absurdity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:42 pm

The only show that looks interesting is Adrian Smith, I'll probably try and catch that episode.

Quote :
Portnoy was way predictable. I am surprised he didn't start a new band with some musicians in the audience while he was there.

I agree about Portnoy, he's like listening to a metronome.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:58 pm

I don't know why I bothering watching this show. I saw they had some cool guests on this season but the first episode with Lars and Robert Flynn I was waiting to see but it was boring and their Top 5 list for the next BIG 4 was totally ridiculous. Of course Testament, and Exodus should be on that list but how they threw in Pantera as a thrash band is just stupid. They were never thrash and probably could never play it. The rest of the show was just as stupid. I was also upset with the crowd when they did the who is better between King Diamond and Mercyful Fate. They ask the crowd and not one person clapped, shouted, or anything when they said King Diamond. They asked them about Mercyful Fate and the crowd clapped but it was almost like they didn't care either way kind of like theres a sign that flashes and tells them when to clap or laugh. The only thing I took from that show was Lars not liking the song "Don't Tread On Me" but they didn't ask him why..... It was just like ok next pointless question.

Again I watched this past weekends show with Alice Cooper. They have to stop with these Top 5 lists. They sound like they are just trying to be cool but they fail because they always pick the most generic bands that every single person knows and has heard about over and over again. I just cringe watching this show, and Leo I feel bad for your friends having to sit through this boring, embarasing, stupid crap of a "Metal" show. The hosts annoy me to no end. Eddie Truck doesn't know a thing. He wouldn't know a GOOD metal band if he was playing it on his little radio show. That other guy who's suppose to be a comedian has such a dry personality and is extremely boring to listen to talk. The only guy who is tollerable is the guy with the stupid sideburns. He will throw out names of some obscure bands sometimes which is cool. Its funny when he does cause the other 2 morons are clueless.

I don't care what people thought about Riki Rachtman but he did such a better job with headbangers ball than these guys do. Nothing will ever top that. I miss when a metal show interviews a band its about what the band is doing currently, their new album, tour, recording etc. Not their past, yea throw that in there but whats going on now and who cares what they think about other bands and who would make a top 5 list of metal bands to put your baby asleep to. WHO CARES!!!!????

Sorry for the rant, but this show just continues to drop the ball with each season and with each guest they have on and its a shame. We need something better than this and saddly we'll never see it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:14 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
, and Leo I feel bad for your friends having to sit through this boring, embarasing, stupid crap of a "Metal" show.

They actually had fun, but one of them used to do TV production, so she noticed a lot of stuff behind the scenes. She said they were EXTREMELY unprofessional because every time they went to a "commercial" break (and every chance they got) they broke out their smarts phones to text, email and check messages. When your are taping a TV show, you leave your phone in your dressing room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show Season Ten Guests   That Metal Show Season Ten Guests - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That Metal Show Season Ten Guests
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2