Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Strife - Witness A Rebirth

Go down 
+5
Troublezone
metalken
mc666
MetalFRO
Eyesore
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Strife - Witness A Rebirth Empty
PostSubject: Strife - Witness A Rebirth   Strife - Witness A Rebirth Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:15 am

Man, I'm stoked! Strife are about to record a new album, something they long ago said would never happen. They've been doing shows off and on for years, but I didn't hold out hope for a new album.

Well, apparently they're about to head down to Brazil to record it, and Igor is playing drums on it. He actually did some guest drumming on their second album, In This Defiance.

Either way, I'm excited. Strife were one those early-90s hardcore bands, kind of the precursor to bands like Hatebreed and Terror, you know. They were still clearly hardcore, but the flirted with metal much more than the classic hardcore bands did.

They could get a bit mellow, too.

Love that song!

Weirdest thing about all this is Rick Rodney's long ginger beard. Never knew he was a redhead! Haha. Anyway, not sure if any of you guys dig this band, but I figured I'd post anyway. Pity replies welcome.

Last edited by Eyesore on Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Strife - Witness A Rebirth   Strife - Witness A Rebirth Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:33 am

Dude is looking old.

And a bit leprechaunish.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Strife - Witness A Rebirth   Strife - Witness A Rebirth Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 7:48 am

Interesting. I used to have a copy of "In This Defiance" and it was a solid hardcore record, though the faux-ambient interludes were kind of an annoying rip off of the same stuff Napalm Death was doing years before that. Still, a good release.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Strife - Witness A Rebirth   Strife - Witness A Rebirth Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:14 am

love me some Strife. with Igor doing the whole album, the drumming is sure to smoke.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Strife - Witness A Rebirth   Strife - Witness A Rebirth Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:40 pm

MetalFRO wrote:
Interesting. I used to have a copy of "In This Defiance" and it was a solid hardcore record, though the faux-ambient interludes were kind of an annoying rip off of the same stuff Napalm Death was doing years before that. Still, a good release.
Faux-ambient? surprised

Either way, I think maybe you analyzed that stuff a bit too much. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Strife - Witness A Rebirth   Strife - Witness A Rebirth Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:41 pm

mc666 wrote:
love me some Strife. with Igor doing the whole album, the drumming is sure to smoke.
Thought you'd probably be the only one to like them here.

You ever see the movie Godmoney, which Rodney was in?
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Strife - Witness A Rebirth   Strife - Witness A Rebirth Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:53 pm

Never saw Godmoney, but I do have the soundtrack.

Is it pretty good? The soundtrack sure was all over the place.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Strife - Witness A Rebirth   Strife - Witness A Rebirth Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 4:08 pm

Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
nope. never even heard of it. i'll have to look out for it.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Strife - Witness A Rebirth   Strife - Witness A Rebirth Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 4:29 pm

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
nope. never even heard of it. i'll have to look out for it.
It's an old indie film. Rick Rodney plays the lead.

It's not a pretty decent movie. I expected it to be horrible, you know.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Strife - Witness A Rebirth   Strife - Witness A Rebirth Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 8:32 pm

Very few albums teasers get me pumped as much as this one does.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Strife - Witness A Rebirth   Strife - Witness A Rebirth Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 9:25 pm

They must've been a big influence on bands like Focused.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Strife - Witness A Rebirth   Strife - Witness A Rebirth Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:06 pm

Troublezone wrote:
They must've been a big influence on bands like Focused.
I imagine they were in a certain regard, but both bands pretty much formed around the same time, both releasing their first demos in 1992. So I don't think they really influenced each other's styles.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Strife - Witness A Rebirth   Strife - Witness A Rebirth Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:35 pm

Sounds good to me. I've heard of them but never heard them. Love me some Hardcore!
Back to top Go down
vgmaster9
Metal novice
Metal novice
vgmaster9

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Strife - Witness A Rebirth   Strife - Witness A Rebirth Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 1:31 am

Eyesore wrote:
Either way, I'm excited. Strife were one those early-90s hardcore bands, kind of the precursor to bands like Hatebreed and Terror, you know. They were still clearly hardcore, but the flirted with metal much more than the classic hardcore bands did.

I think the best ways to call those kinds of bands would be either "metallic hardcore" or "hardcore metal", basically hardcore for metalheads. Athough they're also known as metalcore, I wouldn't really call them that cause I think of bands like KSE and Trivium with that label.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Strife - Witness A Rebirth   Strife - Witness A Rebirth Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 1:36 am

doesn't matter what you wanna label them, they kick ass.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Strife - Witness A Rebirth   Strife - Witness A Rebirth Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 1:58 am

vgmaster9 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I think the best ways to call those kinds of bands would be either "metallic hardcore" or "hardcore metal", basically hardcore for metalheads. Athough they're also known as metalcore, I wouldn't really call them that cause I think of bands like KSE and Trivium with that label.
I call them hardcore. If someone wanted to call them 90s hardcore, fine. But hardcore works perfectly. Yes, metalcore is probably a better term for many 90s hardcore bands, but like you said, that term came later to describe other bands—bands with very little hardcore, making the term rather ironic. Silly labeling, basically.

mc666 wrote:
Yep.
Back to top Go down
vgmaster9
Metal novice
Metal novice
vgmaster9

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Strife - Witness A Rebirth   Strife - Witness A Rebirth Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:43 am

Eyesore wrote:
vgmaster9 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I call them hardcore. If someone wanted to call them 90s hardcore, fine. But hardcore works perfectly. Yes, metalcore is probably a better term for many 90s hardcore bands, but like you said, that term came later to describe other bands—bands with very little hardcore, making the term rather ironic. Silly labeling, basically.

mc666 wrote:
Yep.

I guess you could say that, they're awesome regardless.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Strife - Witness A Rebirth   Strife - Witness A Rebirth Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 1:53 pm

http://www.noisecreep.com/2012/09/12/strife-witness-a-rebirth

HOLY CRAP! This is gonna be a monster! headbanger
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Strife - Witness A Rebirth   Strife - Witness A Rebirth Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 2:32 pm

sounds like just what i wanted to hear

ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Strife - Witness A Rebirth   Strife - Witness A Rebirth Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 4:18 pm

I haven't heard the name Strife in a long time.

I was never hugely into them, but I did see them a couple times in '96 or so. I remember one show they played where a local news team was there doing a story on hardcore and straight edge.

I grew up immersed in the hardcore scene, but a lot of the mid-90s extra metallica bands didn't really do it for me. I prefer my hardcore short and fast. I do still love early Earth Crisis though. And local heroes Four Walls Falling.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Strife - Witness A Rebirth   Strife - Witness A Rebirth Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 5:33 pm

90s hardcore is my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Strife - Witness A Rebirth   Strife - Witness A Rebirth Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:57 pm

New tune streaming!

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2012/09/strife_preps_wi.html

Sounds awesome! I'm so glad this sounds like classic Strife, classic early 90s hardcore. So many so-called hardcore bands these days lean so heavily on the metal/metalcore stuff that they're hardly hardcore at all. Seems that Strife are sticking to their roots, what they know best.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Strife - Witness A Rebirth   Strife - Witness A Rebirth Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 12:46 am

New studio vid, and a new song:

I really they made hardcore like this these days. Or more of it, anyway. So bad-ass!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Strife - Witness A Rebirth   Strife - Witness A Rebirth Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 2:29 pm

New song!

http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/song_premiere_strife_show_no_mercy

God! So good. This album is gonna bring me back to my teen years. These are the kinds of bands I played in and went to see every week. Can't wait to hear this whole album!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Strife - Witness A Rebirth   Strife - Witness A Rebirth Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 5:11 pm

Comes out tomorrow!

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strife - Witness A Rebirth   Strife - Witness A Rebirth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strife - Witness A Rebirth
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next