Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Odd opening acts

Go down 
+30
The_Jayroh
thejokeriv
tohostudios
jstate
nevermore
metalken
Andy
MetalGuy71
brokentulsa
manny
TheGreatDuck
CRIMSONMASK
Shawn Of Fire
Hamer12
MetalFRO
Alex Dee Rokket
Leatherface
GrandNational
stevegarveyfan
Nico
bassman
Wurthless
Jesusandmetal23
Big Rich
Troublezone
Coram Deo
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
Joe
Hadley
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Odd opening acts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd opening acts   Odd opening acts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:20 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
Another strange one...

Michael Bolton opening for Ozzy Osbourne.

When did that happen? Is that some sort of bizzare fantasy of yours?

If that was during Bolton's tenure with the hard rock band "Blackjack" it probably made more sense.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Odd opening acts   Odd opening acts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:23 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
Another strange one...

If that was during Bolton's tenure with the hard rock band "Blackjack" it probably made more sense.

Figures the president of the Michal Bolton Fan Club would jump in to defend him. Razz

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Odd opening acts   Odd opening acts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
Another strange one...

Figures the president of the Michal Bolton Fan Club would jump in to defend him. Razz

Figures that you people are never gonna let me live down that Michael Bolton CD that was on my trade list for TWO G*DDAMN YEARS before I finally threw it away! Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Odd opening acts   Odd opening acts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
Another strange one...

Figures that you people are never gonna let me live down that Michael Bolton CD that was on my trade list for TWO G*DDAMN YEARS before I finally threw it away! Very Happy

LOL!!!!

He also opened for KISS back in the day
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Odd opening acts   Odd opening acts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:40 pm

Once you admit to owning a Michael Bolton cd, you're forever tainted. All the showers in the world can't wash that stink away. You might as well sew a scarlett MB to your clothes.

Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: Odd opening acts   Odd opening acts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:42 pm

I thought Manson headlining Mayhem '09 was odd. Other acts on the bill were Behemoth, Black Dahlia Murder, Cannibal Corpse, God Forbid, Killswitch Engage, and the main support was Slayer. Half of the crowd left when Slayer was done.

I remember another tour a year or two ago with Mastodon opening for Alice in Chains.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Odd opening acts   Odd opening acts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:55 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Once you admit to owning a Michael Bolton cd, you're forever tainted. All the showers in the world can't wash that stink away. You might as well sew a scarlett MB to your clothes.

It actually belonged to my wife but she passed it on to me with a bunch of other junk CDs to try and trade off when I was a member of that "Lala.com" CD-trading site. Should've been a sign when even the freeloaders on that site wouldn't touch it with a ten foot dildo.

...but I know none of you believe that story, anyway. Sooooo... y'all can bite me. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Odd opening acts   Odd opening acts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 5:33 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

What about if its one of his early AOR/Hard Rock albums?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Odd opening acts   Odd opening acts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 5:40 pm

"Fools Game" is AOR gold...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Odd opening acts   Odd opening acts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:19 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I kind of have a seven degrees of separation regarding Mr. Bolton. Around May of 2005, I was in depressed state (or severe boredom) after I finished my student teaching in what can only be described as the very inner city of Indianapolis. Needless to say the experience was not a gratifying one. So, instead of updating my resume with the all important graduation details, I would spend hours on the "24" (T.V show) website. Previously, I had been a casual poster at best, but due to the aforementioned situation, I became a full on addict of everything Jack Bauer (well actually Michelle Dessler & Tony Almeida).

...anyways, I met some lady named Kim on the website who I had some things in common with. She was from Wisconsin, so we talked everything Badgers, Packers, etc... We eventually just started emailing each other. It turns out that she was a huge fan of Blackjack and everything Michael Bolton. At some point when she was away at college (she went to the same school as ULT I believe) she got a hold of Michael and told him that she wanted to work for him one day. This would have been a few years after Michael stopped playing with Blackjack (because this was the mid 80's), but it was before he hit it big as a solo artist. She ended up running his fan club while still in school (if my memory serves me correctly) and after she graduated she ended becoming his personal assistant. Of course I believed her, because who would make this sh!t up? I didn't have the heart to tell her during all of these conversations that I thought his music sucked ass. She would end up telling me all about the loves in his life, namely Nicolette Sheridan, who she thought he would end up with for sure. She basically made it sound like the sexual chemistry between these two was off the charts. She liked Nicolette, but she really liked Ashley Judd*, who she would converse with all the time in French (they both had a penchant for the language of love). Kim told me that she hated two people that were big time stars that Michael was friends with, and one of them happened to be David Gest (Liza Minelli's ex). She said he was beyond a dick, and that he whipped a land line phone at her one time...

* It's funny that Kim liked Ashley, because my sister-in-law works with her husband Dario Franchitti (IRL Team Target racing), and after one meeting with her, that was supposedly enough. She basically said she was about as unfriendly as a person can be...

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Odd opening acts   Odd opening acts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 12:07 am

When Galactic Cowboys came to Dallas for their reunion tour, the first opening act was a local death metal band. Death metal is not what comes to mind when I think of GC.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Odd opening acts   Odd opening acts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 12:37 am

In 1996, Def Leppard had this band opening up for them:

Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Odd opening acts   Odd opening acts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 4:12 am

Didn't Judas Priest open for REO Speedwagon in their early days?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Odd opening acts   Odd opening acts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 5:50 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Didn't Judas Priest open for REO Speedwagon in their early days?

Yes they did on the Sin after Sin tour
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Odd opening acts   Odd opening acts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 11:57 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
When Galactic Cowboys came to Dallas for their reunion tour, the first opening act was a local death metal band. Death metal is not what comes to mind when I think of GC.

That would have been Benevolence. I thought most of the opening acts stunk the place up. Benevolence did not put on a great show, but they were probably the best of the bunch. There should have been no opening acts on that show. The Beatles couldn't have outdone the Galactic Cowboys that night.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Odd opening acts   Odd opening acts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 12:26 am

stevegarveyfan wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

That would have been Benevolence. I thought most of the opening acts stunk the place up. Benevolence did not put on a great show, but they were probably the best of the bunch. There should have been no opening acts on that show. The Beatles couldn't have outdone the Galactic Cowboys that night.

What about that band with the high level of distortion? I had 8 cavities filled that day and their set caused me extreme pain.

You're right, GC blew the roof off that club and didn't need an opening act. We (the audience) would have been better served with a larger set (maybe some songs from the last two albums-though I think I remember at least one song from At The End Of The Day).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Odd opening acts   Odd opening acts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 6:05 am

Coal Chamber - Machine Head - Napalm Death

PostSubject: Re: Odd opening acts   Odd opening acts - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Odd opening acts
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3