Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Phoenix Reign opening for TYR!

Go down 
+6
scottmitchell74
kmorg
ZetaReticuli
thejokeriv
Stender
A Handful of Wayne
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Phoenix Reign opening for TYR! Empty
PostSubject: Phoenix Reign opening for TYR!   Phoenix Reign opening for TYR! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 3:04 pm

Well looks like Phoenix Reign lives on. After a band meeting last week I decided to continue with the band and things will hopefully be better for the future. It was hard for me to think I could actually quit a band I have been doing for over 12 years. We are all great friends and consider the band as a family. Theres always problems in bands especially when you do something for so long and you feel like its going no where and people start to lose interest. I guess thats the point where I was at, at the time I decided to quit. After our last show with Epica I did a lot of thinking. I came to the conclusion that I really can't just give up on something I have been doing so long. Besides I am doing another band as well so when one isn't playing most likely the other one will be. Both bands are different as well, What I can't do with Phoenix Reign I can do with the other band so my creativity wont go to waste haha. My whole life I just wanted to play and make music and I was lucky enough to have found a group like Phoenix Reign. Most bands would have people coming and going, but we have pretty much been the same band from the begining and thats a rare thing to find these days.

Anyway, after that long rant haha, We were contacted the other day by the people that booked us for the Epica show at the Gramercy Theater in NY. May 1st TYR is playing there and we were asked to do the show. I just got word that everything is confirmed. I believe there is another band playing as well called InRed. If anyone wants to go as always we will have tickets available just send me a message and I'll let you know how to get them.

If I get some more info I'll post it up but for now mark it down on your calanders

Phoenix Reign
InRed
TYR
May 1st Gramercy Theater

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign opening for TYR!   Phoenix Reign opening for TYR! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 3:08 pm

Glad to hear you havent given up bro! Phoenix Reign opening for TYR! Icon_biggrin

I am the opposite of you right now, I want to keep going but everybody else in my band wants to go for other sounds and are loosing focus. I'm pretty disapointed about that. I may just record everything myself.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign opening for TYR!   Phoenix Reign opening for TYR! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 3:13 pm

Stender wrote:
Glad to hear you havent given up bro! Phoenix Reign opening for TYR! Icon_biggrin

I am the opposite of you right now, I want to keep going but everybody else in my band wants to go for other sounds and are loosing focus. I'm pretty disapointed about that. I may just record everything myself.

Bands are tough. This new band I'm doing, before I came around there was people coming and going and they were never able to come up with full songs. Now I think we have a solid band and just need to find a singer (Theres a certain someone on this board who had the job but dropped the ball, they know who they are lol).

What kind of music are you wanting to do? Maybe you can send me over something you have recorded.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign opening for TYR!   Phoenix Reign opening for TYR! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 3:17 pm

Nice!!! I hope to see you play someday!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign opening for TYR!   Phoenix Reign opening for TYR! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 3:36 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Stender wrote:

Bands are tough. This new band I'm doing, before I came around there was people coming and going and they were never able to come up with full songs. Now I think we have a solid band and just need to find a singer (Theres a certain someone on this board who had the job but dropped the ball, they know who they are lol).

What kind of music are you wanting to do? Maybe you can send me over something you have recorded.

Well I originally started a crossover kind of project...but the guitarists want to do some kind of modern melodic death thing now, and the drummer never knows what the F*ck hes doing so its kinda weird right now. We dont have anything real substantial recorded yet but I can definately shoot you something when we do. I wanted to have a 4 track demo recorded this summer sometime.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign opening for TYR!   Phoenix Reign opening for TYR! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 5:05 pm

sounds cool

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign opening for TYR!   Phoenix Reign opening for TYR! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:03 pm

Now I think we have a solid band and just need to find a singer (Theres a certain someone on this board who had the job but dropped the ball, they know who they are lol).

Oh come on now! LOL. One of you guys encouraged me to leave the band, so what am I going to do? And I don't want to leave my prog band. Jason thinks I suck anyway, lol.
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign opening for TYR!   Phoenix Reign opening for TYR! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:05 pm

Oh, and I'll be coming to Gramercy. How much?
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign opening for TYR!   Phoenix Reign opening for TYR! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:55 pm

probably $20. you going to actually show up this time?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign opening for TYR!   Phoenix Reign opening for TYR! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 5:23 am

Good for you, Wayne!

I'll move this to the metal section. This is not advertising, imo. Just letting us know some news about Phoenix Reign.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign opening for TYR!   Phoenix Reign opening for TYR! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 9:33 am

Yeah, it's on a Saturday? I have work, but let me know what time you going on.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign opening for TYR!   Phoenix Reign opening for TYR! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 1:31 pm

kmorg wrote:
Good for you, Wayne!

I'll move this to the metal section. This is not advertising, imo. Just letting us know some news about Phoenix Reign.

Thanks!

Thats fine. I was promoting the show kind of so I figured to put it in the other section, but whatever you think =o)

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign opening for TYR!   Phoenix Reign opening for TYR! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 1:32 pm

ZetaReticuli wrote:

Yeah, it's on a Saturday? I have work, but let me know what time you going on.

Yea We will probably go on at 8 - 8:30

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign opening for TYR!   Phoenix Reign opening for TYR! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 3:49 pm

Great news! Also great that you're playing with TYR. I'd love to see that show.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25949

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign opening for TYR!   Phoenix Reign opening for TYR! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 5:29 pm

Glad to hear that you'll be continuing with Phoenix Reign. Good luck with the show!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign opening for TYR!   Phoenix Reign opening for TYR! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 5:34 pm

Anyone who thinks being a rock star is all glam needs to talk to you guys who actually do it. Soldier on my man.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign opening for TYR!   Phoenix Reign opening for TYR! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 12:12 pm

Thanks guys! I wish you all lived closer haha

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9891

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign opening for TYR!   Phoenix Reign opening for TYR! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 5:49 pm

I'm starting to get familiar with phoenix reign. Awesome Stuff. A must add to my collection Phoenix Reign opening for TYR! 11840
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign opening for TYR!   Phoenix Reign opening for TYR! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 1:07 am

Cool man. We still have the cd available on the website =o)

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign opening for TYR!   Phoenix Reign opening for TYR! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:34 am

Well.... The show was canceled. That is all haha

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign opening for TYR!   Phoenix Reign opening for TYR! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:51 am

That blows!!!!!! I wish you all would get a date to play at Jaxx down here!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign opening for TYR!   Phoenix Reign opening for TYR! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 11:06 am

Bummer. Sorry to hear that.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign opening for TYR!   Phoenix Reign opening for TYR! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:36 pm

Tyr rocks! Enjoy the gig!
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign opening for TYR!   Phoenix Reign opening for TYR! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:39 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
Tyr rocks! Enjoy the gig!

It's canceled, lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign opening for TYR!   Phoenix Reign opening for TYR! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:50 pm

Sucks man, what happened?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign opening for TYR!   Phoenix Reign opening for TYR! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Phoenix Reign opening for TYR!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next