Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christian Metal Realm wiped out?

Go down 
+56
DallasBlack
mikeinfla
MetalH
Dave the Boss
Melanieee
Grimmo
APirate4God
EmoElmo
Big Rich
Tur-Thalion
nevermore
static
James B.
Antestor
Andy
superjuice
Rex
Troublezone
scottmitchell74
Sole Survivor
SideShowDisaSter
NorMpeeZy
shadow_zone
Spyder Jonez
BillRoxx
Jesusandmetal23
Required Fields
metalhead777
Addy
DevZor
Ricky
mr.electric39
bassman
stormspell
Sutekh
Wurthless
exact33
Fat Freddy
Eyesore
bigjtink
metalheaded
tohostudios
mc666
The_Jayroh
Stender
kethdredd
GrandNational
thejokeriv
manny
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
kmorg
Temple of Blood
Sword Of The Heretic
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
NorMpeeZy
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 1

Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:38 am

Major bummer. I liked the CMR and saw what happened today. Thought it was weird for Anonnymous to attack a website like the CMR though. I think the people who posted before are right, just some guy/guys who had nothing better to do than to run around and breaking whats not theirs.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:44 am

shadow_zone wrote:
Got the email today. Disappointing.

Weren't you the resident Aussie over there?

Metal novice
Metal novice
Sole Survivor

Number of posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 6:01 am

This note was on my e-mail this morning.

!Hello,

Your account on 'The Christian Metal Realm' has been deleted by the administrator, due to your inactivity on the forum.!

I guess, if this was a real reason, in my case it would more likely be " Your account on The Christian Metal Realm has been deleted because you were too liberal".

Damn hackers..

Closing a board is bad enough, but these fake reasons are a joke.

lol!

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 6:40 am

What a shame. The CMR was my first on-line forum. I'm a internet late-bloomer. The CMR is why I'm here at the HoM, so even though I didn't frequent it m uch any more I'm sad this happened.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 6:44 am

Maybe it was Jimmy Brown. just kidding

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 7:20 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Yikes!! Who'd they piss off?

People hate Christians.

Modern-day persecution.

Yeah, because having your account deleted is the same as being fed to lions and crucified upside down.

Well, they can't get away with that anymore. This is the best they can do (for now).

I never said it was "the same". But it is a form of persecution. I'm sure if atheists were getting their forums shut down by Christian groups then they would consider it a form of persecution.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:14 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

People hate Christians.

Modern-day persecution.

Yeah, because having your account deleted is the same as being fed to lions and crucified upside down.

Well, they can't get away with that anymore. This is the best they can do (for now).

I never said it was "the same". But it is a form of persecution. I'm sure if atheists were getting their forums shut down by Christian groups then they would consider it a form of persecution.

I think humanity in general overuses words like "persecution". Taking down a website isn't persecution...at best, it's agitation. People like to throw around words like "persecution" to somehow invoke a sense of pseudo-martyrdom about what they do...it's simply a way to create drama.

But whatever...just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:22 am

BillRoxx wrote:
Arttie said to direct everyone over to the official CMR facebook page for now...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/69739254179/

It's a closed group. Anyone not a part of the group can't see anything. Directing people there doesn't do much good IMO.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:27 am

Rex wrote:
BillRoxx wrote:
Arttie said to direct everyone over to the official CMR facebook page for now...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/69739254179/

It's a closed group. Anyone not a part of the group can't see anything. Directing people there doesn't do much good IMO.

Arty confirmed me pretty quickly!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 10:33 am

Arttie is rebuilding the site from scratch at a new location.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:39 pm

http://thecmr.forumotion.com/

Metal novice
Metal novice
superjuice

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:43 pm

Hey everyone, I just joined here since the hacking (googled 'christian metal realm hacking' and found this place. Lotta familiar 'faces' here.

I read something on Google that anonymous was targeting Christian sites as some sorta reaction to megaupload being taken down. Any confirmation?

And I posted my most controversial reply yet about Theocracy's singer sounding like Michael W. just as it got hit too, so I couldn't face anyone's wrath.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 1:02 pm

superjuice wrote:
Hey everyone, I just joined here since the hacking (googled 'christian metal realm hacking' and found this place. Lotta familiar 'faces' here.

I read something on Google that anonymous was targeting Christian sites as some sorta reaction to megaupload being taken down. Any confirmation?

And I posted my most controversial reply yet about Theocracy's singer sounding like Michael W. just as it got hit too, so I couldn't face anyone's wrath.

I don't believe it was Anonymous, they have way bigger fish to fry and not to mention that taking down sites just because they are of one religious persuasion dosn't sound too democratic to me. Until you see them claim the dirty deed, I don't see it being that logical that they would do it.

Michael W. as in Michael W Smith? 1990s Christian highschool age girl heartthrob?! Sh!t..

Last edited by Stender on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 1:19 pm

What does Christian sites have to do with megaupload being taken down?

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:03 pm

Good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:31 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

People hate Christians.

Modern-day persecution.

I think humanity in general overuses words like "persecution". Taking down a website isn't persecution...at best, it's agitation. People like to throw around words like "persecution" to somehow invoke a sense of pseudo-martyrdom about what they do...it's simply a way to create drama.

Shawn, I wanted to write exactly what you wrote about the word "persecution". Glad to know others were thinking along the same line.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:44 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

People hate Christians.

Modern-day persecution.

Shawn, I wanted to write exactly what you wrote about the word "persecution". Glad to know others were thinking along the same line.

It's one of those things that irks me. I don't care who it is...when someone gets their toes stepped on and labels it "persecution" it just sounds like cry-baby whining. To call it "modern day persecution" (by anyone) is just a stretch and smacks of attention-seeking.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:09 pm

Andy wrote:
Good.

Why, were the people over there bothering you? surprised

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:26 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
It's one of those things that irks me. I don't care who it is...when someone gets their toes stepped on and labels it "persecution" it just sounds like cry-baby whining. To call it "modern day persecution" (by anyone) is just a stretch and smacks of attention-seeking.

Call it what you like. It's attacking/destroying another person's property.

The only "attention-seeking" here is the guy who destroyed the forum belonging to people he didn't agree with and replaced it with his logo.

Perhaps you can reserve some of your indignation for the one(s) who really deserve it.

It's not surprising that out of all the forums I have consistently visited over the years that Firestream and the CMR have received the most attacks, by far. I see a trend here.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:30 pm

Stender wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

People hate Christians.

Modern-day persecution.

Not gonna lie...they don't give much of a reason "not" to hate them most times.

Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 4 25679

THANK YOU!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:31 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

The only "attention-seeking" here is the guy who destroyed the forum belonging to people he didn't agree with and replaced it with his logo.

Perhaps you can reserve some of your indignation for the one(s) who really deserve it.

It's not surprising that out of all the forums I have consistently visited over the years that Firestream and the CMR have received the most attacks, by far. I see a trend here.

You would see a trend.

Listen, I said that ANYONE using dramatic, attention-seeking verbiage gets under my skin...I did not just say you or Christians...your particular comment just happened to trigger my general disdain for it. I don't care if Atheists, Christians, PETA, Obama lovers or smokers pretend to be "persecuted" because someone steps on their toes...it still rubs me wrong. I know it's my own personal problem, and I said it was just my opinion...I did not point the finger at any individual in particular.

Yeah, the jackhole that took down the CMR is a tool...I never said he wasn't. I just said that calling it "persecution" was needlessly dramatic.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:32 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Those two message boards have been the most dogmatic Christian communties I have ever had the (dis)pleasure of participating in. I don't think im the only one that feels that way, I see another trend here. Maybe if they weren't so judgemental they wouldn't draw so much negative attention? Heart of metal seems to do fine with its large Christian member base, right?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:33 pm

Stender wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Those two message boards have been the most dogmatic Christian communties I have ever had the (dis)pleasure of participating in. I don't think im the only one that feels that way, I see another trend here. Maybe if they weren't so judgemental they wouldn't draw so much negative attention? Heart of metal seems to do fine with its large Christian member base, right?

Thank you, Stender.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:38 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I do too, you are a member of both boards!!!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:40 pm

Stender wrote:

Excuse me, are you justifying hacking into someone else's website because people are supposedly mean there?

The problem isn't the CMR, even though I have had problems there too. Metal-Rules is full of jerks ... much worse than any board I have ever been on. You want to talk about "judgmental"? Post openly as a Christian on there and see what kind of attacks come your way. Try walking a mile in another's shoes and see if it changes your perspective of the world.

Heart of Metal isn't as "Christian" as CMR and I think that is obvious from the title and from most of the things that get discussed. That's probably why it's flown under the radar. Having a Christian member base and focusing primarily on Christian metal are two different things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christian Metal Realm wiped out?
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next