Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christian Metal Realm wiped out?

Go down 
+56
DallasBlack
mikeinfla
MetalH
Dave the Boss
Melanieee
Grimmo
APirate4God
EmoElmo
Big Rich
Tur-Thalion
nevermore
static
James B.
Antestor
Andy
superjuice
Rex
Troublezone
scottmitchell74
Sole Survivor
SideShowDisaSter
NorMpeeZy
shadow_zone
Spyder Jonez
BillRoxx
Jesusandmetal23
Required Fields
metalhead777
Addy
DevZor
Ricky
mr.electric39
bassman
stormspell
Sutekh
Wurthless
exact33
Fat Freddy
Eyesore
bigjtink
metalheaded
tohostudios
mc666
The_Jayroh
Stender
kethdredd
GrandNational
thejokeriv
manny
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
kmorg
Temple of Blood
Sword Of The Heretic
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:52 pm

What's the chance of the same thing happening here?
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:53 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Stender wrote:
Those two message boards have been the most dogmatic Christian communties I have ever had the (dis)pleasure of participating in. I don't think im the only one that feels that way, I see another trend here. Maybe if they weren't so judgemental they wouldn't draw so much negative attention? Heart of metal seems to do fine with its large Christian member base, right?

Excuse me, are you justifying hacking into someone else's website because people are supposedly mean there?

The problem isn't the CMR, even though I have had problems there too. Metal-Rules is full of jerks ... much worse than any board I have ever been on. You want to talk about "judgmental"? Post openly as a Christian on there and see what kind of attacks come your way. Try walking a mile in another's shoes and see if it changes your perspective of the world.

Heart of Metal isn't as "Christian" as CMR and I think that is obvious from the title and from most of the things that get discussed. That's probably why it's flown under the radar. Having a Christian member base and focusing primarily on Christian metal are two different things.

I'm not supporting what happened to CMR or Firestream. My point is it IS entirely capable for Christians or anyone with a belief to be well behaved about their religion, biology, social conditioning etc, and this place is a testament to that. No threads about how Homosexuals or Catholics are the scum of the earth here to be found, and in return we have only had one f*cking nitwit in 4 years called "Antichristianmetal"or whatever even try to be antagonistic towards anyone. See where I'm going with this? Heart of metal dosn't attract those sorts of problems for obvious reasons.

I'm not saying CMR and Firestream deserved being hacked...but sh!t maybe it was god's way of saying he actually likes homosexuals. Think about it. /sarcasm.

Last edited by Stender on Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:54 pm

Quote :
Metal-Rules is full of jerks ... much worse than any board I have ever been on. You want to talk about "judgmental"? Post openly as a Christian on there and see what kind of attacks come your way.

You mean there's a place worse than Blabbermouth? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:56 pm

Sheeeeesh.

Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 5 684_467

I'm outta here.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Antestor
Metal novice
Metal novice
Antestor

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:59 pm

This is really bad, now I know that Christian Metal Realm is wiped out, I though I was the only one who was going through this.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:03 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Stender wrote:
Those two message boards have been the most dogmatic Christian communties I have ever had the (dis)pleasure of participating in. I don't think im the only one that feels that way, I see another trend here. Maybe if they weren't so judgemental they wouldn't draw so much negative attention? Heart of metal seems to do fine with its large Christian member base, right?

Excuse me, are you justifying hacking into someone else's website because people are supposedly mean there?

The problem isn't the CMR, even though I have had problems there too. Metal-Rules is full of jerks ... much worse than any board I have ever been on. You want to talk about "judgmental"? Post openly as a Christian on there and see what kind of attacks come your way. Try walking a mile in another's shoes and see if it changes your perspective of the world.

Heart of Metal isn't as "Christian" as CMR and I think that is obvious from the title and from most of the things that get discussed. That's probably why it's flown under the radar. Having a Christian member base and focusing primarily on Christian metal are two different things.

I agree with TOB - being judgmental is by no means limited to Christians. Folks who dont have religion do a good job of being judgmental all on their own. I cannot tell you how many times I have been called names, told I am worthless, my parents are inferior, etc because I listen to Christian music.

People love stereotype Christians as judgmental but its just being lazy. They dont want to admit that most, if not all, people are judgmental about something/someone. Its a classic case of pointing out others faults yet excusing their own.

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:05 pm

exact33 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Stender wrote:

I agree with TOB - being judgmental is by no means limited to Christians. Folks who dont have religion do a good job of being judgmental all on their own. I cannot tell you how many times I have been called names, told I am worthless, my parents are inferior, etc because I listen to Christian music.

People love stereotype Christians as judgmental but its just being lazy. They dont want to admit that most, if not all, people are judgmental about something/someone. Its a classic case of pointing out others faults yet excusing their own.

I don't think anyone in this thread has even insinuated that Christians are the only group of people who exhibit judgmental behavior.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:07 pm

exact33 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Stender wrote:

Alex, what you're pointing out is an atheist stereotype. Not all atheists are arrogant jerks, and not all christians are intolerant idiots. Sure, every group has their a$$holes, but most atheists (including me) try to be as tolerant as possible. Most people who are atheist aren't vocal about it, and usually the ones who are, are jerks.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:13 pm

Other then the one douche bag that came on this board for about 5 seconds as Stender, pointed out, he was sent packing because of his moronic post on his being anti Christian (as if anyone gave a rat's ass anyway).

Whoever hacked that board is a douche bag and that really is the end of the story.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:16 pm

Metal-On-Metal wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Stender wrote:

Alex, what you're pointing out is an atheist stereotype. Not all atheists are arrogant jerks, and not all christians are intolerant idiots. Sure, every group has their a$$holes, but most atheists (including me) try to be as tolerant as possible. Most people who are atheist aren't vocal about it, and usually the ones who are, are jerks.

I wasnt even thinking of atheists to be honest. I was thinking of the people who I know through some political boards and some other metal boards. Dont like Obama - automatically a racist. Listen to Christian metal - automatically a drone who walks around life not thinking for oneself.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:17 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Sheeeeesh.

Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 5 684_467

I'm outta here.

This

manny wrote:
Other then the one douche bag that came on this board for about 5 seconds as Stender, pointed out, he was sent packing because of his moronic post on his being anti Christian (as if anyone gave a rat's ass anyway).

Whoever hacked that board is a douche bag and that really is the end of the story.

And this
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:18 pm

I've seen tons of judgmental atheists as well. For one example, they say Christians have no place listening to metal. They'll completely write someone off just because they believe in God. They're not much different than over-zealous Christians who focus too much on certain sins.

No one group of people should be singled out...
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:19 pm

exact33 wrote:
Metal-On-Metal wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Stender wrote:

I wasnt even thinking of atheists to be honest. I was thinking of the people who I know through some political boards and some other metal boards. Dont like Obama - automatically a racist. Listen to Christian metal - automatically a drone who walks around life not thinking for oneself.

What's funny about that is that it's more an example of parroting than actually being judgmental. Anyone neck-deep in any agenda is guilty of it...political, religious, whatever.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:21 pm

exact33 wrote:
Metal-On-Metal wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Stender wrote:

Ah, cool. I've never really seen why people are so concerned with what other people's opinions on music, politics, religion etc. are. (Oh, and I'm agreeing with you, if you couldn't tell Razz )
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:24 pm

If everyone thought like me...... angry

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:26 pm

manny wrote:

My sentiments exactly.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:37 pm

Hopefully Artie's new site will hold up better against hacker losers. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:56 pm

It's back up.
http://thecmr.forumotion.com/

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 5:00 pm

Not into the yellow/orange lettering... but i'm glad it's back.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 7:00 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Not into the yellow/orange lettering... but i'm glad it's back.
It's still being worked on.
Back to top Go down
static
Metal novice
Metal novice
static

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:04 pm

Wow, I haven't posted here in donkeys' years.

Ah, it's a pity overall. Most of the posters over there are lovely fellas. There was a certain ugliness that reared it's head every so often, but it wasn't unexpected and easy enough to steer clear of if you wanted to. I think the fact that some idiot is so proud of himself right now, thinking he's "won" is so much sadder than all the lost work and memories. Pathetic, even.

I do think Stender raises a valid point with regards to the CMR attracting more attacks and trolls than this place. If you have two forums (for example), one specifically for ga-hey car enthusiasts and another for car enthusiasts that happens to have a large ga-hey user base, which one to you think will see more sh!t stirring? Religion is a touchy topic and the more you focus on it, the more people will try to challenge you. I'll probably make a new account anyway, I only ever flit in and out.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:24 pm

I hadn't posted over there in ages. But I hate that the forum was wiped out for whatever reason. Arttie is a great person who has worked hard with that forum and didn't deserve to have it deleted.
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:46 pm

My views on lots of issues differ greatly from many peoples' at CMR, even though I am a Christian as well (I would presume they also differ from those of many people here, and anywhere else). I just pretty much restrict myself to only posting in the metal areas. That way I don't have to delve into discussions of politics or theology and get involved in debates. But I still like posting over there in the music forums. To me this seems like a good way to still have a positive experience at most message boards.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 9:30 pm

nevermore wrote:
I hadn't posted over there in ages. But I hate that the forum was wiped out for whatever reason. Arttie is a great person who has worked hard with that forum and didn't deserve to have it deleted.

and that is the biggest shame - he has spent a long time and a lot of effort on the board only to see some idiot come and wipe it out. I have been on there through several iterations, even pre-CMR on the Metal for Jesus board and Black horse Inn, and it is a shame to see it go down like that.
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 9:38 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Metal-On-Metal wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Stender wrote:

What's funny about that is that it's more an example of parroting than actually being judgmental. Anyone neck-deep in any agenda is guilty of it...political, religious, whatever.

to an extent i agree but people really are judgmental. I was out talking to my neighbor yesterday and he was just going on and on about how people who work for banks are the scourge of society and are not worthy to live among us. I happen to work for a bank, which doesnt make me a bad person.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian Metal Realm wiped out?   Christian Metal Realm wiped out? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christian Metal Realm wiped out?
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next