Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Primal Fear - Unbreakable

Go down 
+14
Fat Freddy
chilejay7
tohostudios
snooloui
krokus
kmorg
Eyesore
Andy
Speedmetalfreak
exact33
Metal Misfit
A Handful of Wayne
Shawn Of Fire
Wargod
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Primal Fear - Unbreakable Empty
PostSubject: Primal Fear - Unbreakable   Primal Fear - Unbreakable Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 2:53 pm

Ok so who has this? I got mine last week and it has not left my player. This simply a masterpiece of Primal Fear metal. I thought 16.6 was great but this is a bit better!

Wargod
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Unbreakable   Primal Fear - Unbreakable Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 3:22 pm

Been rediscovering Primal Fear lately...I only have Devil's Ground and Seven Seals...need to get them all again.

I have heard nothing but good things about this one...

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Unbreakable   Primal Fear - Unbreakable Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 3:30 pm

I just got it last night. Haven't listened to it yet though. I'm going to go threw it in a minute though.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Unbreakable   Primal Fear - Unbreakable Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 7:56 pm

I like it a lot. Reviewed it the other week at the blog.

Lot of good anthems on this one.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Unbreakable   Primal Fear - Unbreakable Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 8:24 pm

I just finished listening to it. I liked it. Seemed a little more modern which is what they have been doing with each album.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Unbreakable   Primal Fear - Unbreakable Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 8:59 pm

I liked what i have heard so far. They really dont disappoint.

Speedmetalfreak
Metal student
Metal student
Speedmetalfreak

Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Unbreakable   Primal Fear - Unbreakable Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 1:17 am

I should be getting my copy in the next few days. Scheepers is one hell of a singer and the music is good.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Unbreakable   Primal Fear - Unbreakable Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 1:28 pm

Killer album. Their best work to date. Nothing new here, but that's the beauty. They remain so resolute in their sound, yet with the insane level of musicianship in the band they're able to remain relevant and deliver fresh material. 13 more tracks of power-tinged Priest-esque heavy smurfing metal.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Unbreakable   Primal Fear - Unbreakable Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 1:47 pm

I had it in my hands the other day, but put it back and bought Blessed By A Broken Heart instead. Haha. Normally that wouldn't happen, as I enjoy Primal Fear more, but this is what happens when you illegally download something first, which I did.

I'll grab it this week, though.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Unbreakable   Primal Fear - Unbreakable Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 2:43 pm

I have, loaded it to my mp3 player, and look forward to listen to it when it pops up at work.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Unbreakable   Primal Fear - Unbreakable Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 3:13 pm

I order it but dont have it yet. Today at a metal radio show they played METAL NATION and i was amazed. What a killer song.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Unbreakable   Primal Fear - Unbreakable Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:27 pm

Going to give this a listen on Spotify over the next couple of days. Is it me or is Scheepers using a lot more effects on his vocals? Anything to do with them now being on Frontiers?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Unbreakable   Primal Fear - Unbreakable Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:31 pm

This got a great review on sleazeroxx. I gave up on this band 2 albums ago but the review says this one will please fans of PF albums like Devil's Ground so I may pick it up.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Unbreakable   Primal Fear - Unbreakable Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 8:43 pm

krokus wrote:
I order it but dont have it yet. Today at a metal radio show they played METAL NATION and i was amazed. What a killer song.

The whole cd is amazing!

Wargod
Back to top Go down
chilejay7
Metal novice
Metal novice
chilejay7

Number of posts : 94

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Unbreakable   Primal Fear - Unbreakable Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 1:10 pm

What can you guys tell me about their other albums? What's the best place to start?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Unbreakable   Primal Fear - Unbreakable Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 1:14 pm

chilejay7 wrote:
What can you guys tell me about their other albums? What's the best place to start?

All of their albums have their share of good stuff... I mainly like their first two (self titled and JAWS OF DEATH)... they get a bit "samey" after that.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Unbreakable   Primal Fear - Unbreakable Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 1:33 pm

Checked out a few songs on Spotify, they sound like they listened to "Painkiller" and "Thundersteel" quite a bit for inspiration. Not really my thing, but they are definitely good at what they do.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Unbreakable   Primal Fear - Unbreakable Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 1:34 pm

S.D. wrote:
Checked out a few songs on Spotify, they sound like they listened to "Painkiller" and "Thundersteel" quite a bit for inspiration. Not really my thing, but they are definitely good at what they do.

Agreed, and there's a healthy dollop of Accept mixed in their sound too.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Unbreakable   Primal Fear - Unbreakable Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:08 pm

chilejay7 wrote:

They have a decent 2-disc "best of". Disc one is their best material, disc 2 is them doing covers. That's as good as place as any to start in my opinion.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Unbreakable   Primal Fear - Unbreakable Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:16 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
chilejay7 wrote:

They have a decent 2-disc "best of". Disc one is their best material, disc 2 is them doing covers. That's as good as place as any to start in my opinion.

I concur....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Unbreakable   Primal Fear - Unbreakable Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:19 pm

I got that from you, didn't I?

I just pulled it out last week to see if it would rekindle my interest in the band. It didn't. I like it for what it is, but I don't see me getting anymore Primal Fear in the future. I'll stick with the couple I've got and the best of when I need a power metal fix.

Metal novice
Metal novice
chilejay7

Number of posts : 94

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Unbreakable   Primal Fear - Unbreakable Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:26 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
chilejay7 wrote:

This sounds like a good bet. I'll check this out and see what I think. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Unbreakable   Primal Fear - Unbreakable Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:28 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I got that from you, didn't I?

Yeah, probably...one of the many I regret selling off... lol!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Unbreakable   Primal Fear - Unbreakable Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:22 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
chilejay7 wrote:

All of their albums have their share of good stuff... I mainly like their first two (self titled and JAWS OF DEATH)... they get a bit "samey" after that.
I think the self-titled is their worst. Not very memorable overall. But yeah, no album is a bad starting place.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Unbreakable   Primal Fear - Unbreakable Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 4:35 pm

I don't think any of their albums are bad. I think each album has a couple of stand outs though. I only have three at the moment though, Jaws of Death, Nuclear Fire and Black Sun. Those are in my opinion are essential because songs like Final Embrace and Angel In Black are just great metal. Black Sun is probably my favourite of theirs, but that might just be because it was the first one I got.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Unbreakable   Primal Fear - Unbreakable Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Primal Fear - Unbreakable
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next