Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set

Go down 
+19
Lari
springozzy
A Handful of Wayne
mr.electric39
ultmetal
Andy
snooloui
GrandNational
adrian
Fat Freddy
Mglaffas81
Wurthless
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
manny
Rex
exact33
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set Empty
PostSubject: Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set   Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 12:21 pm

Courtesy of www.sleazeroxx.com:

Few heavy metal artists have built as stellar a discography as Judas Priest. Now fans will have the chance to purchase a box set which includes all 17 studio and live albums Judas Priest recorded with the classic line-up of Rob Halford, Glenn Tipton, K.K. Downing and Ian Hill.

Judas Priest's 'The Complete Albums Collection' will be available exclusively through Popmarket.com starting January 24, 2012. The box set is released by Columbia/Epic/Legacy, divisions of Sony Music Entertainment.

Included will be brand-new remasters of Judas Priest's first two albums, 1974's 'Rocka Rolla' and 1976's 'Sad Wings of Destiny' (which have never been released before as authorized remasters by the band). The 2009 live compilation, 'A Touch of Evil... Live,' features in the box set but it is the only compilation that appears in 'The Complete Albums Collection.'

Each of the 17 individual albums will be packaged in replica mini-LP sleeves that reproduce their original cover art. The set is completed by a new 40-page booklet with photos, album credits, and liner notes by rock journalist/Priest fan Greg Prato.

Albums included in 'The Complete Albums Collection':
Rocka Rolla (1974)
Sad Wings of Destiny (1976)
Sin After Sin (1977)
Stained Class (1978)
Killing Machine (1978)
Unleashed in the East (1979)
British Steel (1980)
Point of Entry (1981)
Screaming for Vengeance (1982)
Defenders of the Faith (1984)
Turbo (1986)
Priest...Live! (1987)
Ram It Down (1988)
Painkiller (1990)
Angel of Retribution (2005)
Nostradamus (2008)
A Touch of Evil...Live (2009)

Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set   Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 12:29 pm

Poor Tim Owens. They should have at LEAST put in Live Meltdown if they are going to pretend Jugulator and Demolition never existed.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set   Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 12:30 pm

Rex wrote:
Poor Tim Owens. They should have at LEAST put in Live Meltdown if they are going to pretend Jugulator and Demolition never existed.

They should have included both of those albums, while I am not a fan of those discs, it was an important part of their history
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set   Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 12:31 pm

Yeah, lame to leave 4 albums out of a 'Complete Albums Collection'...

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set   Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 12:34 pm

Personally, I'm glad they didn't include the stuff with Ripper. Not only should those albums be forgotten, the masters should be destroyed.

lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set   Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 12:53 pm

manny wrote:
Rex wrote:

They should have included both of those albums, while I am not a fan of those discs, it was an important part of their history

Agreed. Jugulator is ok, Demolition I could do without every hearing again. However, both are part of the band's history and should be included in a "complete albums" boxset.

I wonder if they (either the band or management) will address those deletions once teh interwebs takes hold and every fan-boy voices their displeasure?

Anyhoo, sounds like a nifty set, but unless one shows up on my doorstep from an adoring secret admirer, I doubt I'll have the funds for that.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set   Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Rex wrote:

That would have been cool, but it looks like they are focusing on Halford Priest. This would be a cool buy if I didn't already own all of the albums!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set   Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 12:59 pm

I'll be interested to find out who is doing the mastering on this set. The previous Judas Priest remasters are SO compressed that I find them un-listenable (when I'm in the mood for Priest I'm listening to LP transfers), so if this new box set is really an improvement I'll pick up a copy.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set   Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 12:59 pm

The Ripper albums don't fall under the umbrella of Sony Music. Putting them in would've driven up the price of the set even more when the majority of Priest fans have no interest in that era. I'm guessing Gull was willing to work cheap with Sony and Sony knew they had better include those two albums..? Very Happy

That said, of course, if you're going to call yourself a "complete" collection, they deserve to be there. The Ripper years weren't a complete waste.

Last edited by Metal Misfit on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set   Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 1:00 pm

How much is it going to be? This sounds cool, because I only own two or three Priest albums.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set   Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 1:02 pm

S.D. wrote:
I'll be interested to find out who is doing the mastering on this set. The previous Judas Priest remasters are SO compressed that I find them un-listenable (when I'm in the mood for Priest I'm listening to LP transfers), so if this new box set is really an improvement I'll pick up a copy.

I will bet you money that they are the same master as the last batch of remasters. No new mastering was done.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set   Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 1:02 pm

Screw you guys! Demolition rules!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set   Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 1:04 pm

http://www.popmarket.com/judas-priest-the-complete-albums-collection/details/26616481

$99 to start

Quote :
Newly Re-mastered versions of Rocka Rolla and Sad Wings Of Destiny

The rest are either original remasters OR (for the post Painkiller stuff) not remastered at all.

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set   Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 1:07 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
http://www.popmarket.com/judas-priest-the-complete-albums-collection/details/26616481

$99 to start

Quote :
Newly Re-mastered versions of Rocka Rolla and Sad Wings Of Destiny

The rest are either original remasters OR (for the post Painkiller stuff) not remastered at all.

That's actually a great price. I might have to get this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set   Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 1:08 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Cool, then I can save my money!!! I'll wait till they reissue Rocka Rolla & Sad Wings separately and they can keep the rest of this crap.

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set   Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 1:09 pm

I am very tempted as I only have the Metology box and the 30th Ann. Ed. of British Steel and I need to get all the JP stuff again...but I JUST got all my credit cards down to $0...haha!

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set   Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 1:35 pm

I have all the Priest album with the exception of live albums 'Live In London' ( I do have the DVD version) and Touch of Evil-Live', I also may invest in the 30th anniversary edition of 'British Steel' for the live disc and DVD.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set   Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 1:55 pm

Sounds neat-O, but I already have all of the individual CDs and the "Metalogy" box set, so I'm pretty much set for life with Priest stuff...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set   Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 1:57 pm

Quote :
The Ripper albums don't fall under the umbrella of Sony Music. Putting them in would've driven up the price of the set even more when the majority of Priest fans have no interest in that era. I'm guessing Gull was willing to work cheap with Sony and Sony knew they had better include those two albums..? Very Happy

Does CMC International (Jugulator & Live Meltdown) still exist? Demolition was on Atlantic Records. Just curious.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set   Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 1:59 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

Does CMC International (Jugulator & Live Meltdown) still exist? Demolition was on Atlantic Records. Just curious.

CMC was bought by Sanctuary...
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set   Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:02 pm

I already own every Priest album so won't bother with this.

Really lame to omit the Ripper albums, Jugulator is still a favorite
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set   Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:02 pm

As far as I know, Priest themselves probably own the masters to the Ripper era stuff incl. JUGULATOR and DEMOLITION... cuz they formed their own "label" ("Priest Music") during the No-Halford era and licensed those titles out to different labels around the world (i.e. CMC and Atlantic in the U.S., SPV in Europe, etc.)...but now that Halford's back in the band they're just choosing to ignore that period (as usual)...

Quote :
Screw you guys! Demolition rules!

Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set Screwball+squirrel "I LIKE him. He's SILLY."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set   Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:53 pm

So check me if I'm wrong here, Scotty, but these albums are being released with their original tracklistings right? Which means none of the bonus un-released tracks from the last remastered set.

And each one comes in a cardboard LP-style sleeve that will scratch the hell out of 'em everytime you take them in or out. Which also means the spines of the jackets probably won't form a nifty logo, like the last set.

No Ripper-era, no bonus tracks, no neat spine pics, fragile packaging, no remastering?

Remind again me why I need this?

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set   Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:56 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
So check me if I'm wrong here, Scotty, but these albums are being released with their original tracklistings right? Which means none of the bonus un-released tracks from the last remastered set.

And each one comes in a cardboard LP-style sleeve that will scratch the hell out of 'em everytime you take them in or out. Which also means the spines of the jackets probably won't form a nifty logo, like the last set.

No Ripper-era, no bonus tracks, no neat spine pics, fragile packaging, no remastering?

Remind again me why I need this?

You don't....but for younger/newer fans, it's a way to knock out the bulk of the discography in one swipe.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set   Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:14 pm

Ah, c'mon. Kids these days are just downloading 'em. Noone under 35 is purchasing this thing. Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set 251456

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set   Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judas Priest's Career Showcased With 17 CD Collection Box Set
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next