Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum!

Go down 
+29
maper74
novellahub
Cognitive Dissonance
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
metalinmyveins
Addy
mlotek
snooloui
DallasBlack
Metal Misfit
A Handful of Wayne
adrian
thejokeriv
Wargod
exact33
Speedmetalfreak
Troublezone
James B.
Fat Freddy
mc666
Temple of Blood
Grimmo
Alex Dee Rokket
Eyesore
metalhead777
jerseyultifan+
tohostudios
ultmetal
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
maper74
Metal novice
Metal novice
maper74

Number of posts : 18

Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum!   Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 4:41 pm

Give me the info you want up and references and i'll try to get a page up.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum!   Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 12:54 pm

A wiki moderator named 5minutes has taken it upon himself to fix the Ultimatum wiki page and will be resubmitting it to them for consideration. Very cool of him to do.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum!   Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 1:14 pm

Yay!

...but I guess this means there will no "Too Metal For Wikipedia" t-shirts, huh? Damn. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum!   Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 7:30 am

well, it is sort of there.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:5minutes/Ultimatum_%28American_band%29

I doubt the average person will find it, only a determined fan.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum!   Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:17 am

mlotek wrote:

So I guess you are so metal.....you can find Ultimatum on wikipedia

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum!   Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 3:25 pm

James B. wrote:
mlotek wrote:

So I guess you are so metal.....you can find Ultimatum on wikipedia

HAHA!

Yes, that's just the holding ground for the page until they get it completely updated with new links and so forth.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum!   Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:36 am

Well, it looks like everyone will be in the black in less than 13 hours as access will be down globally (for all English users) to protest SOPA and PIPA. Check out these and other fun acronyms at your leisure...Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum!   Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:39 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
Well, it looks like everyone will be in the black in less than 13 hours as access will be down globally (for all English users) to protest SOPA and PIPA. Check out these and other fun acronyms at your leisure...Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

I read that this morning too. Funny how they're going black to protest a free speech issue when they've been denying Ultimatum their rights.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum!   Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:43 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

I read that this morning too. Funny how they're going black to protest a free speech issue when they've been denying Ultimatum their rights.

Yeah, they should probably delete the word hypocrite/s from their Wikipedia sight, as they seem to be guilty of this infraction.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum!   Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:25 pm

This is how it's shaping up so far. Any help, corrections, additional references, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Ultimatum was formed in 1992 in Albuquerque, New Mexico by Robert Gutierrez, John Carroll and Greg Dingess. Robert's former Angelic Force guitar player Steve Trujillo joined soon after. Vocalist Scott Waters joined the band in January of 1993 and their first public performance together was at the Sonshine Festival in Albuquerque, NM in 1993.

From 1992-1995 the band performed regularly locally and recorded three demos, "Fatal Delay" (1993), "Symphonic Extremities by Ultimatum" (1994), and then "Symphonic Extremities" (1995). The later two demos were combined and released on CD by indie label Juke Box Media and released on CD with a new song that was mixed by Whitecross guitarist Rex Carroll, under the titled "Symphonic Extremities" (1996).

Drummer Sean Griego joined the band in 1995. It was partly due to his aggressive double kick style that Ultimatum morphed from a more traditional heavy metal band to a more aggressive speed and thrash metal style. That same year the band opened up for Mortification on their "Bloodworld" tour. Mortification bassist Steve Rowe liked the band's performance and purchased all their demo tapes to sell through his new indie distribution company.

1996 Utlimatum recorded a one song demo of "Never" to be reviewed by Steve Rowe for his indie label Rowe Productions. The band was signed to a three album contract and began recording their "Puppet of Destruction" CD, which was released in 1998 on Rowe Productions (Aus) and distributed by Diamante Music Group in the US. (Heaven's Metal, Feb/Mar 2008, Issue #73, p18)

"Puppet of Destruction" was received well by fans but was blasted by HM Magazine. (HM Magazine, May/June 1998, Issue #71) HM Magazine's review, written by Chad Olsen, received a lot of publicity. In magazine interviews Ultimatum were often asked about "that review", in reference to the HM review. Many years later in an article titled "An Album Review Revisited, Heaven's Metal magazine interviewed vocalist Scott Waters and reviewer Chad Olsen about the review. (Heaven's Metal, Feb/Mar 2008, Issue #73, p18-19)

Within a year Ultimatum were back in the studio with the same line-up as on "Puppet of Destruction" working on their second album for Rowe Productions, "Mechanics of Perilous Times". The album was scheduled to be released in early 2000 on Rowe. Also in 1999, the band recorded a cover of Testament's "Sins of Omission" for Dwell Records "Into the Pit-A Tribute to Testament" and also remixed "Never" for Dwell Records' "2000-A Second Coming". (NM Magazine, Mar/Apr 2000, Issue#82, "Ultimatum" p54) Due to the success of the Testament cover, Massacre Records approached Ultimatum about being on their new thrash metal sub-label "Gutter Records". Ultimatum approached Rowe with the offer who allowed Ultimatum the opportunity to be on the German heavy metal label. The album was finally released in March 2001 on Gutter Records, though the band released a limited edition pressing of 1000 copies that they sold independently in the U.S.

MORE TO COME

References:
HM Magazine, Sept/Oct 1997, Issue #67, "Texas Rockfest" p51
HM Magazine, May/June 1998, Issue #71
HM Magazine, July/Aug 1998, Issue #72, "Ultimatum" p50 (article written by John DeLaurentis about Ultimatum's "Puppet of Destruction")
NM Magazine, Mar/Apr 2000, Issue#82, "Ultimatum" p54 (article written by Brian McGovern about Ultimatum's "Mechanics of Perilous Times")
Heaven's Metal, Aug/Sep 2005, Issue #59, "Heaven's Metal Ultimatum Interview" p6, http://www.hmmagazine.com/exclusiveeavens_metal_ultimatum_interview200510/index.php
Blabbermouth.net, ULTIMATUM: 'Into The Pit' Finally Sees Light Of Day - Oct. 13, 2007, http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=82718
Heaven's Metal, Feb/Mar 2008, Issue #73, "An Album Review Revisited" p18-19
Heaven's Metal, Feb/Mar 2008, Issue #73, "Into the Pit With Ultimatum" p12-13
Outburn Magazine, May 29, 2010, Issue#43, review of "Into the Pit" p43
HM Magazine, 2010, "Up From the Ashes III: A concert review" Written by Doug Van Pelt, http://www.hmmagazine.com/2010/09/up-from-the-ashes-iii-a-concert-review/
Indie Vision Music, Retroactive Records, "Lex Metalis to be released July 21, 2009", http://www.indievisionmusic.com/tag/retroactive-records/
Blabbermouth.net, ULTIMATUM To Release 'Lex Metalis' In July - June 30, 2009, http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=122850

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum!   Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 11:01 pm

You might want to chek this link:

"Heaven's Metal, Aug/Sep 2005, Issue #59, "Heaven's Metal Ultimatum Interview" p6, http://www.hmmagazine.com/exclusiveeavens_metal_ultimatum_interview200510/index.php" -it wouldn't work for me.

Might also be a good idea to use 'Gutierrez's', rather than 'Robert's' in the opening sentence, to keep it formal.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum!   Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 3:37 pm

Sutekh wrote:
You might want to chek this link:

"Heaven's Metal, Aug/Sep 2005, Issue #59, "Heaven's Metal Ultimatum Interview" p6, http://www.hmmagazine.com/exclusiveeavens_metal_ultimatum_interview200510/index.php" -it wouldn't work for me.

Might also be a good idea to use 'Gutierrez's', rather than 'Robert's' in the opening sentence, to keep it formal.

Here it is:
http://www.hmmagazine.com/exclusive/ultimatum_interview200804/index.php

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum!   Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:22 am

5minutes wrote:
Just to keep you up to date:

1. Ultimatum's article is still down. However, it has been resubmitted for restoration. Currently, the vote is 4-0 in favor of recreation. That's not overwhelming enough to make it happen immediately (there are votes that have hundreds of voters), but things are looking good. Hopefully, in a few days, the matter will be settled.

2. I'd still like to flesh out the albums. Anyone who's a WP editor (or who wants to become one - it's free and pretty easy), please feel free to join in.

3. There's other Christian bands out there that could be targeted for notability. Remember: Christian metal is a small community of people, and so proving notability on a global scale is a challenge. If you've got a favorite band that you want to get shored up, I'm happy to help (although I'd love for you to learn how to do it, too - I gots a job, you know... Smile ). Just start digging up references, references, and more references. A few of the big bands I'm thinking may become problems include Deliverance, Horde, and Barren Cross. They've got a limited number of references for articles that need a lot more.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum!   Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 9:33 pm

Apparently Ult you didnt grease the hand that makes Wikipedia roll:

Wikipedia users are up in arms over accusations that a trustee was providing front-page exposure and favorable edits to paying clients.

Roger Bamkin is a trustee for the the Wikimedia Foundation UK, the group behind the open-source encyclopedia. He is also a paid consultant, according to a CNET report, and has reportedly been using his position within Wikipedia to forward the cause of his clients.

The country of Gibraltar, which Bamkin has been representing, was featured in Wikipedia’s coveted “Did You Know” main page section seventeen times in August. Most other entries appear just once (with the exception of the Olympics), giving Gibraltar access to an enviable hundred million page views per month -- and really annoying some of the site's editors.

“It is wildly inappropriate for a board member of a chapter, or anyone else in an official role of any kind in a charity associated with Wikipedia, to take payment from customers in exchange for securing favorable placement on the front page of Wikimedia or anywhere else,” Wikipedia co-founder Jimmy Wales wrote, when members broached the subject.

Wales admitted he didn’t know all the details of the case, but concluded that if the facts were true, Bamkin should resign from his post or sever ties with his client.

“The honorable thing for anyone with a conflict of interest driving them to act on behalf of a client ... is resign from the board of Wikimedia UK, or resign from the job with the client," he wrote.

Bamkin has been working on “Gibraltarpedia” for some months, a project in which Gibraltar would use QR codes and Wikipedia to digitize the city in the hopes of boosting tourism, which makes up a significant portion of the economy.

Several Wikipedia editors stepped in to defend the trustee, who they say has been upfront about his dual rules.

"As the minutes and disclosure statements show, Roger has been pretty clear about this with the board," wrote Craig Franklin on an internal discussion board. "If there is a grand conspiracy here ... then it's a pretty inept one."

Bamkin himself weighed in, saying he has tried to be upfront about the potential conflict.

"I have referred ethical dilemmas to the board. I have offered my resignation twice and it has not been accepted," he wrote on the same board, denying that his actions represent any conflict.

But Wikipedia administrator “Beeblebrox” agreed with Wales. “Roger is acting as a paid consultant at the same time as he is on the Board of WMUK,” he posted in response to the co-founder’s comments. “That's their problem but I share Jimbo's feelings on the matter, he needs to resign one post or the other.”

There is no official policy against "paid editing," noted Chris Keating, the chair of Wikimedia UK.

It’s the second time in a week that Wikipedia has come under scrutiny for conflicts of interest, after community members exposed another “Wikipedian in Residence” for running a PR and SEO-optimization business that leveraged his access to the Internet’s most popular encyclopedia.

Max Klein, the editor in question, quickly responded on his site, untrikiwiki, noting that despite advertising such services, he had yet to do any such business. “Although we have advertised such a service, we’ve not aggressively pursued it -- and we have not accepted any clients interested in on-Wikipedia work.”

Wales was understandably peeved when users brought the incident to his attention in the same thread.

“If what you say is accurate, then of course I'm extremely unhappy about it. It's disgusting,” he wrote.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2012/09/19/new-wikipedia-scandal-uk-head-was-paid-to-promote-topics/?intcmp=features#ixzz26yAGpIrm

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum!   Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 7:49 am

Ahhhhh, needed to send some lube, I mean love their way, huh?!

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum!   Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 11:07 pm

Ultimatum are being reviewed for deletion again.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum!   Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 12:40 am

Guess Ultimatum is STILL too Metal For Wikipedia

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum!   Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 10:19 am

ultmetal wrote:

time to pony up some cash to stay!!

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum!   Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 2:23 pm

ultmetal wrote:

For real? So we may get those "Too Metal For Wikipedia" Ultimatum t-shirts after all? :cheese:

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum!   Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 2:53 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Someone's got in for you over there.....
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum!   Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 3:18 pm

I say if ya do print up some "Ultimatum-Too METAL for Wikipedia" t shirts. Send them one on the house.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum!   Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 7:44 pm

What a bunch of total clowns, man. They just can't leave well enough alone, can they? There's got to be some reason somewhere that is driving them to keep wanting to delete the page.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum!   Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 7:45 pm

metalheaded wrote:
What a bunch of total clowns, man. They just can't leave well enough alone, can they? There's got to be some reason somewhere that is driving them to keep wanting to delete the page.

its the wikipedia bourgeoisie!!!!

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum!   Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 8:57 pm

wasn't Ultimatum around before Wikipedia? why worry about it?

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum!   Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 9:50 pm

I want my Ultimatum-Too metal for Wikipedia t shirt and I want one now ! In my best Veruca Salt voice Laughing very hard

PostSubject: Re: Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum!   Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wikipedia deletes Ultimatum!
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next