Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head

Go down 
+7
Eyesore
Shawn Of Fire
INVADERS
Alex Dee Rokket
nevermore
mc666
DrFizz28
11 posters
AuthorMessage
DrFizz28
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head   thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 7:22 pm

seemed like a wonderful album to me. opinions on the album?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head   thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 7:58 pm

it's a decent Machine Head album.

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head   thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 8:50 pm

I think it's a good album.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head   thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 9:07 pm

I like this album as much as I like all the other Machine Head albums, however I haven't really spent a lot of time with it. I think there are a few other releases this year that have caught my attention more, stuff like the new Manilla Road, the new Revocation, Toxic Holocaust - those have been on heavy rotation for me.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head   thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 5:03 am

didn't like it at first but with repeated listens, i now think it's awesome. better than the last few IMO
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head   thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 8:45 am

Its on my list to check out. I saw them live and they played a couple songs from it which I thought were really good at the time.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head   thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 6:01 pm

INVADERS wrote:
didn't like it at first but with repeated listens, i now think it's awesome. better than the last few IMO

I don't think it's better than The Blackening. That album was great and their best since their first.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head   thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 7:24 pm

nevermore wrote:
INVADERS wrote:
I don't think it's better than The Blackening. That album was great and their best since their first.
I feel the same way. Really good album, but a step down from The Blackening. Still highly recommended, though.

I would rate their albums in this order:

Burn My Eyes
The Blackening
The More Things Change...
Unto The Locust
Through The Ashes Of Empires
The Burning Red
Supercharger

And I really dig all of them except Supercharger, which is pretty bad aside from a handful of songs.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head   thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 7:30 pm

Eyesore wrote:
nevermore wrote:
INVADERS wrote:
I feel the same way. Really good album, but a step down from The Blackening. Still highly recommended, though.

Burn My Eyes
The Blackening
Unto The Locust
The Burning Red
Supercharger

And I really dig all of them except Supercharger, which is pretty bad aside from a handful of songs.

I pretty much agree with that order except I would put Through the Ashes... 3rd on that list

Otherwise it's spot on.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head   thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Through The Ashes was a great return to form, but The More Things Change is just so brutal. In fact, I'd say that and The Blackening are pretty much on par in my book. "Clenching The Fists Of Dissent" is just so epic, though, that I it wins by a hair. =)

But yeah, a lot of people dislike the heavy groove of The More Things Change, but I think it's a brilliant album.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head   thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:33 pm

Decent album but certainly isn't even on the top 3
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head   thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Through The Ashes was a great return to form, but The More Things Change is just so brutal. In fact, I'd say that and The Blackening are pretty much on par in my book. "Clenching The Fists Of Dissent" is just so epic, though, that I it wins by a hair. =)

But yeah, a lot of people dislike the heavy groove of The More Things Change, but I think it's a brilliant album.
i'd say that is their best album imo. it's my favorite anyway.

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head   thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 12:27 pm

Don't like it. I heard it and really tried to like it but it just don't do anything for me. Their 1st 2 albums are pretty good though.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head   thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 3:31 am

Eyesore wrote:
nevermore wrote:
INVADERS wrote:

Burn My Eyes
The Blackening
Unto The Locust
The Burning Red
Supercharger

Im almost in the same boat when it comes to liking their albums... TMTC gets more listens then Burn My Eyes, but BME has some high praise because when i first heard it I was floored...

Burn My Eyes
The Blackening
Unto The Locust
The Burning Red
Supercharger
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head   thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 10:16 am

I"m digging this album. The first song in particular is great! It builds from this chant, to this heavy groove to this full-throttle thrash assault. The whole album is really good IMO, especially the musicianship. The only thing that holds it back slightly is the vocals.

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head   thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

thoughts on "Unto The Locust" by Machine Head
Page 1 of 1