Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal or tin?

Go down 
+29
Witchfinder
Eyesore
Leatherface
Shawn Of Fire
mlotek
manny
EmoElmo
MEGATRON
EvyMetal
exact33
metalhead777
Wurthless
arachnoplasma
brokentulsa
Lurideath
thejokeriv
Cognitive Dissonance
rawr!
Andy
adrian
GrandNational
mc666
Fat Freddy
BearOnUnicycle
ultmetal
snooloui
MoonChild
MetalGuy71
Telmorn Altayon
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Metal or tin? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 8:38 am

exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MoonChild wrote:
BearOnUnicycle wrote:
I'm pretty sure that there are "people" of that kind among so-called metalheads (who cause my eyes to bleed usually) too. So the garbage is people, not the music, methinks. Well, in most cases.
Yeah but it is people who makes music, and certain genres are stuck with 'that" kinda people as well. I guess mlotek has a point there.
You guys aren't making a very good case for "metal heads" here.

well in my high school it was the metal heads who were drugs, rape and stuff. I guess that doesnt come across as racist because most metalheads are white and we all know racism is a one way street.

Anyone who acts like that no matter what color, sex, religion, sexual preference, metal fan, country fan, or hip hop fan is an a$$hole!!! Back to the topic, I am sure for peps my age AC/DC, Quiet Riot and Def Leppard where their gateway bands to metal.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 12:05 pm

What got me into metal? I guess I'm not into metal, because the bands that got me "into" metal are the bands I listen to. I guess I don't understand the question fully.

I started out with Foreigner and REO, then ventured to AC/DC, Def Leppard, and finally The Crue and GN'R.
Back to top Go down
Telmorn Altayon
Metal student
Metal student
Telmorn Altayon

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:59 pm

What bands got you passionate for promote and caring about the heavy genera of metal music. We, as fans, put so much time into listening, buying, going to shows, supporting these bands names and even having screaming matches with people who don't "understand our love for a band or musical style"...

So what was it about metal that got you to feel like that? I guess that is a better way to ask it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MakeARightLeftHere.com -- www.BBRProductions.com
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 8:18 pm

Telmorn Altayon wrote:
What bands got you passionate for promote and caring about the heavy genera of metal music. We, as fans, put so much time into listening, buying, going to shows, supporting these bands names and even having screaming matches with people who don't "understand our love for a band or musical style"...

So what was it about metal that got you to feel like that? I guess that is a better way to ask it.

For starters, it was part of growing up. It was AC/DC's sound that really got me in my teens. The guitar sound of Angus and Malcolm was addictive to me, even started playing the drums at 1 point. It was all to live for at 1 point in my life. Some of the bands I listen too I have been listening to for over 30 years. I have had many friends, jobs, homes that have come and gone since then. The music is like a family member that stays with you for your whole lifetime.
Back to top Go down
Telmorn Altayon
Metal student
Metal student
Telmorn Altayon

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 9:34 am

Getizzyback wrote:

For starters, it was part of growing up. It was AC/DC's sound that really got me in my teens. The guitar sound of Angus and Malcolm was addictive to me, even started playing the drums at 1 point. It was all to live for at 1 point in my life. Some of the bands I listen too I have been listening to for over 30 years. I have had many friends, jobs, homes that have come and gone since then. The music is like a family member that stays with you for your whole lifetime.

I completely feel you on that subject. That was a fun answer. AC/DC was def one of my favorite bands growing up. Such power and raw energy. Over the years I've gathered much more complicated metal, but I still have AC/DC on my Ipod for traveling.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 12:19 pm

Getizzyback wrote:
For starters, it was part of growing up.

That's more or less how it was for me. I just grew up hearing the music my brother and sister were into - KISS, Queen, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Def Leppard, Van Halen, with a little Pink Floyd, Genesis, and King Crimson mixed in - and I just love the sound of the distorted electric guitar, and I like music with a lot of heavy percussion, too, so I think it was probably inevitable that I'd prefer heavy metal to other styles. My favorite Michael Jackson song was Beat It because it had guitar soloing and stuff in it. I guess it was when Quiet Riot came on strong that I started exploring music on my own, and eventually I got into Ratt and Motley Crue, and then into Iron Maiden and Metallica.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 8:57 pm

What got me so much into metal...

I think it was the sense of being part of something different - secretive that society as a whole either doesn't know much about or completely ignores ... it gave me this feeling of belonging to something that is more than just music - although music and that passion for it is very deep rooted within our community... it was this spirit of community, of heightened interest in discovering as many new (or old new) and different sounds and emotions...

When I listen to metal I am instantly transported into another world, it is an escape from the mundane and rather boring lifeless reality. Metal songs and albums can paint the most idyllic and adventure-filled mental images.. at times it is almost like I am in a big budget action adventure movie and I can set the story and be whatever I want to be ....

That in a nutshell is why I love metal so much.
Back to top Go down
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 12:54 am

I got into heavier music via friends who introduced me to nu-metal. I don't listen to much of the stuff I did then by the way, but I don't think nu-metal is terrible. I was obsessed with the anger then, but now I love just about everything about the music.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 1:03 am

At the time I got into metal during the mid 90s it was mainly through bands like Maiden , Slayer, Metallica. I didn't know anyone who liked metal so most of what I knew came from watching mt. during the last several years of the original headbangers ball and whenever mtv still played any metal.

By the late 90s I was listening to a wider variety of metal bands mostly those that had graced the metal world in the 80s and I was getting into the at the time newer bands like Iced Earth, In Flames, Hammerfall and the like.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 8:54 am

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
At the time I got into metal during the mid 90s it was mainly through bands like Maiden , Slayer, Metallica. I didn't know anyone who liked metal so most of what I knew came from watching mt. during the last several years of the original headbangers ball and whenever mtv still played any metal.

By the late 90s I was listening to a wider variety of metal bands mostly those that had graced the metal world in the 80s and I was getting into the at the time newer bands like Iced Earth, In Flames, Hammerfall and the like.

Hammerfall got me really excited about metal again - i love 80s metal but the market was so overdone with 80s bands that Hammerfall was such a breath of fresh air. Legacy of Kings to this day is still one of the best metal albums out there.

Telmorn Altayon
Metal student
Metal student
Telmorn Altayon

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 9:32 am

Hammerfall is an awesome band. Really like their D&D feeling music. I am always going to be in that kind of "up lifting" run in and thrash to metal sounding bands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal or tin?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3