Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal or tin?

Go down 
+29
Witchfinder
Eyesore
Leatherface
Shawn Of Fire
mlotek
manny
EmoElmo
MEGATRON
EvyMetal
exact33
metalhead777
Wurthless
arachnoplasma
brokentulsa
Lurideath
thejokeriv
Cognitive Dissonance
rawr!
Andy
adrian
GrandNational
mc666
Fat Freddy
BearOnUnicycle
ultmetal
snooloui
MoonChild
MetalGuy71
Telmorn Altayon
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Metal or tin? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 9:45 pm

Vio-lence was my first. I loved the vocals and the intensity of the music.

EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 11:23 pm

Loudness - Law Of The Devil's Land
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 1:53 am

Metallica and Iron Maiden caught my interest a few years ago. Before then I didn't have much of an interest in music. I suppose those those bands are the go-to metal bands for newcomers. My musical tastes have completely changed since, but without those two bands I don't know what I'd be listening to now... Rap, maybe?
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 5:03 am

I Stole My Uncle's "Blow Up Your Video" (AC/DC) vinyl, it was totally accidental because my sole intention was to steal one of his BETAMAX Tape adult film collections, it was there, collecting dust, not knowing what the heck it was but it attracted my attention lol! I was like 12 years old way back then where 95 percent of my Casette Tape collection were Old School HipHop, and since I Grew up near the mountains, Rock music airplay was totally non-existent

As soon as I began hearing this weird noise from my Dad's AKAI turntable, I was like "whoa", this s h i t is different, in a cool way, I've heard guitar distortions before but never this explicit haha, from then on, it broadened my musical tastes not just Rock Or Metal, I hunted casette LPs with really heavy distorted guitar sounds like a mad-crazy pirate, ditching my whole HipHop collection in the process

So yeah, my 'Gateway' band was def. A/DC

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:01 am

AC/DC- heard their music played over loud speaker at an anti rock ralley I was 11 or 12 years old, 'Highway to Hell' was the song and never forgot the impact that song made on me. I went from spending my allowence on comic books to buying records and AC/DC was the first band I feel in love with and I am still a major fanboy.
Back to top Go down
Telmorn Altayon
Metal student
Metal student
Telmorn Altayon

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 10:37 am

KISS really did get us all into something. Which is crazy because I hear people all the time saying they can't play their instruments or that they are bad song writers but great showmen... I have to say KISS is way up there some of the first bands that push me over the top. I got into metal because of my brother listening to everything from Sabbath to KISS to Iron Maiden and of course Metallica. Though I was a kid, what did I know. I just thought it was music. then I went through a weird stage where I didn't really listen to music, I just took on anything I heard on the radio thinking that was it... When I was 14 a friend of mine showed me Iced Earth, and everything changed. I went back to my old days and got all my heavy music and remembered the real reason I loved listening to those lyrics, the music, the sound.

Of course when Dream Theater came into my life I couldn't stand that band, until I realized how musical they were. I am a musician, and I listen to "Images and words" for weeks, and finally I stopped listening to it as listener and began listening to it as a song writer. It blew me away picking a part all the instruments. I was thrown so far back I couldn't understand why I didn't like these guys. Now I am a huge fan of Dream Theater and so goes my continue growth in metal!!!

I love how metal brings people together!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.MakeARightLeftHere.com -- www.BBRProductions.com
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 11:32 am

manny wrote:
AC/DC- heard their music played over loud speaker at an anti rock ralley I was 11 or 12 years old, 'Highway to Hell' was the song and never forgot the impact that song made on me. I went from spending my allowence on comic books to buying records and AC/DC was the first band I feel in love with and I am still a major fanboy.

Hell yeah, AC/DC was the band I first fell in love with, interestingly they are still my all time favourites! My first AC/DC album was For Those About to rock (We Salute You).

Pantera's FAR BEYOND DRIVEN was one of my first heavy albums too which I love to this day.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 8:10 pm

exact33 wrote:
Vio-lence was my first. I loved the vocals and the intensity of the music.

"Oppressing The Masses" is one of the greatest Thrash albums ever recorded headbanger

When I first got into CD's, this LP was at the top of my list, glad I got it even though I paid 3X as much the actual street price

Sean Killian's voice is like a very unique barcode that can and will never be copied

Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 10:52 pm

when I was 10 or 11, was given KISS The Originals and AliveII. (Dynasty hadn't come out just yet, or maybe it did, and that's why this guy gave away all his KISS albums.)

But it wasn't until a few years later I had an FM clock radio and heard a "heavy metal" radio show at midnight on a Friday, and early Saxon and Iron Maiden (probably Killers was out) which started me wondering where all the heavier music was.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 11:07 pm

Early MTV years...1983/1984...Def Leppard, Van Halen, Ozzy, Kiss, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Twisted Sister...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 11:22 pm

Got into hard rock like Def Leppard and Motley Crue first. Those bands started to lose their appeal to me and I got into Priest and Maiden. Then, later got into the thrash and death/black metal scene.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:57 am

The first band I got into was Def Leppard, the second was Run DMC. Even as a teen, I'd crank Leppard or Crue, then put on Erik B. & Rakim or EPMD. I'm the same way still.

I'm passionate about music. I don't take sides or suggest one style of music has more to say than another. That's all nonsense.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 2:32 am

Eyesore wrote:
The first band I got into was Def Leppard, the second was Run DMC. Even as a teen, I'd crank Leppard or Crue, then put on Erik B. & Rakim or EPMD. I'm the same way still.

I'm passionate about music. I don't take sides or suggest one style of music has more to say than another. That's all nonsense.

Only nonsense if you lived on The Cosby Family Show or something.

You didn't go to my highschool where rappers would "visit" and cause trouble.
It stopped pretty quick though and they only tried invading years later when all the rockers/metalheads either graduated or dropped out.
Was not surprised then the police were called in for permanent security after girls were being beat up and sexually assaulted by hiphoppers/rappers/pieces of garbage called humans.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 3:06 am

mlotek wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

It stopped pretty quick though and they only tried invading years later when all the rockers/metalheads either graduated or dropped out.
Was not surprised then the police were called in for permanent security after girls were being beat up and sexually assaulted by hiphoppers/rappers/pieces of garbage called humans.
Way to sound like a complete racist.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 3:08 am

mlotek wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

what does women being assaulted have to do with hip hop? absolutely nothing.

mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 4:24 am

racist? wow, what a scarey word to make what happened seem like it was okay!

Did I say that it was white girls beat up and sexually assaulted by blacks?
No, I didn't say it, and yes, that is what was happening.

"what does women being assaulted have to do with hip hop? absolutely nothing."
but those were the ones committing the crimes. NOT metalheads. NOT longhaired rockers that the media has demonzied for the longest time;
so if anybody wants to make believe that all music scenes are all the same, you are wrong.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 9:32 am

I'm pretty sure that there are "people" of that kind among so-called metalheads (who cause my eyes to bleed usually) too. So the garbage is people, not the music, methinks. Well, in most cases.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 9:37 am

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
I'm pretty sure that there are "people" of that kind among so-called metalheads (who cause my eyes to bleed usually) too. So the garbage is people, not the music, methinks. Well, in most cases.

Yeah but it is people who makes music, and certain genres are stuck with 'that" kinda people as well. I guess mlotek has a point there.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 10:04 am

mlotek wrote:
racist? wow, what a scarey word to make what happened seem like it was okay!

Did I say that it was white girls beat up and sexually assaulted by blacks?
No, I didn't say it, and yes, that is what was happening.

"what does women being assaulted have to do with hip hop? absolutely nothing."
but those were the ones committing the crimes. NOT metalheads. NOT longhaired rockers that the media has demonzied for the longest time;
so if anybody wants to make believe that all music scenes are all the same, you are wrong.
You didn't have to say it was white girls. They didn't have to be white, you don't have to be white for what you said to come off woefully ignorant and racist.

I made a comment about my belief that rock or metal bands/songs do not inherently have more to say than other styles of music, and you come out with this mini-tirade about hip-hoppers/rappers/pieces of human garbage. Put in that light, it says that you feel that way about all rappers, who are predominantly black as that form of music is ingrained in black culture.

Now, I didn't say you were a racist, but that post sure does sound it.

Last edited by Eyesore on Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:07 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 10:06 am

MoonChild wrote:
BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Yeah but it is people who makes music, and certain genres are stuck with 'that" kinda people as well. I guess mlotek has a point there.
You guys aren't making a very good case for "metal heads" here.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 1:41 pm

I don't care what color a person is or what music they listen to, anyone who does the things described IS human garbage.

It's apparently a simple case of experience, not racism. It's not racism to recall an event.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 2:21 pm

Tin is a metal.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Telmorn Altayon
Metal student
Metal student
Telmorn Altayon

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 7:31 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Tin is a metal.

HAHAHA Touche' sir, touche'!!! lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.MakeARightLeftHere.com -- www.BBRProductions.com
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 8:10 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MoonChild wrote:
BearOnUnicycle wrote:
You guys aren't making a very good case for "metal heads" here.

well in my high school it was the metal heads who were drugs, rape and stuff. I guess that doesnt come across as racist because most metalheads are white and we all know racism is a one way street.

EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 10:17 pm

mlotek wrote:
/pieces of garbage called humans.

aren't you a human?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal or tin?   Metal or tin? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal or tin?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next