Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned

Go down 
+13
Cognitive Dissonance
ShadowAngel
Wargod
James B.
Rex
EvyMetal
exact33
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Thrasher73
GrandNational
mc666
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 7:48 pm

Wargod wrote:
I have this coming on vinyl!

Wargod

Awesome! headbanger
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 7:54 pm

I like this. Ill get it.

ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 8:15 am

Good band and the new album sounds really great. I'm excited to see them live in June Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 9:39 pm

amazon has the new one pretty cheap - $12

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 1:58 am

exact33 wrote:
amazon has the new one pretty cheap - $12
just snapped it up.

Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:25 pm

I got the vinyl for $13 thru Manic Music thru a friend of mine!

Wargod
Back to top Go down
Cognitive Dissonance
Metal student
Metal student
Cognitive Dissonance

Number of posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 6:28 pm

Just broke down and bought it today.Couldn't download it, but I tried my best. Sad
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 12:03 am

I snagged a copy off Amazon, too.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:21 pm

My copy arrived this morning. If I can stop listening to Mastodon's The Hunter for a few minutes, I'll give this one a spin. Otherwise it'll have to wait till the car ride home tonight.

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:08 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
My copy arrived this morning. If I can stop listening to Mastodon's The Hunter for a few minutes, I'll give this one a spin. Otherwise it'll have to wait till the car ride home tonight.

How did you like it?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 11:51 am

S.D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

How did you like it?

I ma not MG but I think this is a great effort. I loved the first two but they kinda lost me for awhile but this is excellent.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:41 am

S.D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

How did you like it?

I gotta give it a little more time to sink in I think. I gave it a spin or 2 last week and while it was good enough while playing, nothing really stood out and was forgettable when it was done.

In fairness though, I've been spinning both the Van Halen and Mastodon albums over and over and over again, so anything else has been cast aside for now. I still have the OG disc in my case, so I'll give it some more spins this week.

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 1:04 am

new video for "Acid Trial"

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:08 am

This album is really good.

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 11:17 am

YAY! The first Orange Goblin live album "A Eulogy For The Fans" will be released in March. It's a CD/DVD set.

Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned - Page 2 207803_463766610353924_1807101880_n
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 12:08 pm

Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned - Page 2 83628

The new live album "A Eulogy For The Fans" was released this week, jamming it on Spotify and it sounds great. No overdubs or studio polish, just straight-ahead raw ass kicking, well recorded.

Good set list:

1. Red Tide Rising (from Eulogy)
2. The Filthy & The Few (from Eulogy)
3. Ballad Of Solomon Eagle (from Healing Through Fire)
4. Time Traveling Blues (from same)
5. Some You Win, Some You Lose (from Thieving From The House Of God)
6. The Fog (from Eulogy)
7. Round Up The Horses (from Thieving)
8. Acid Trial (from Eulogy)
9. They Come Back (from Healing Through Fire)
10. Blue Snow (from Time Traveling Blues)
11. Quincy The Pigboy (from The Big Black)
12. Scorpionica (from The Big Black)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 12:36 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

How did you like it?

I gotta give it a little more time to sink in I think. I gave it a spin or 2 last week and while it was good enough while playing, nothing really stood out and was forgettable when it was done.

In fairness though, I've been spinning both the Van Halen and Mastodon albums over and over and over again, so anything else has been cast aside for now. I still have the OG disc in my case, so I'll give it some more spins this week.

Over a year since this last post and I'd say that the last OG album is just as good as anything they've released. It did become a more frequent spinner for me and as it sunk in, the tunes really did have some meat to them.

As for the live album, I'll keep an eye out for it, but it's low on the priority list. The cd intrigues me, but the dvd would be a coaster.

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 12:41 pm

Orange Goblin is doing a headlining North American tour this fall! I missed them when they came through with Clutch but that's okay because I'd rather see them headline. Opening acts are Holy Grail and Lazer/Wolf.

Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned - Page 2 1005338_552485624815355_1425954846_n
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 12:43 pm

That should be an awesome show, Holy Grail is great live. And what I've heard of Orange Goblin is dope too.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 4:56 pm

I am going to this show on 10/26.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 6:08 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I am going to this show on 10/26.

Rockin!

The L.A. gig is at The Satellite in Silver Lake which is only 2 miles from my apartment. It's going to be an ass-kickin' show!

Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 7:28 pm

Took a minute to find the right show. Going to see them at club dada in Dallas on the 30th of Sept. My first for both the band and the venue.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 8:34 pm

I might have to check this tour out - they are playing Empire (AKA Jaxx) and it's a Friday night
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 11:24 am

S.D. wrote:
Orange Goblin is doing a headlining North American tour this fall!  I missed them when they came through with Clutch but that's okay because I'd rather see them headline.  Opening acts are Holy Grail and Lazer/Wolf.

Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned - Page 2 1005338_552485624815355_1425954846_n

Nov. 6th date for me in Charlotte
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 6:55 pm

I'm seeing Orange Goblin, Holy Grail, & Lazerwulf on the 20th of Oct.

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2