Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned

Go down 
+13
Cognitive Dissonance
ShadowAngel
Wargod
James B.
Rex
EvyMetal
exact33
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Thrasher73
GrandNational
mc666
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned Empty
PostSubject: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 6:11 pm

http://www.noisecreep.com/2011/12/15/orange-goblin-red-tide-rising-song/

Link is halfway down the page. Sounds killer!!! grim reaper

from the upcoming album "A Eulogy For The Damned" to be released on Valentine's day in the U.S.

Last edited by S.D. on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 6:18 pm

sounds good to me. i've always liked these guys. Time Traveling Blues & The Big Black are two of my fave stoner albums.

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 6:26 pm

Good stuff, right up my alley music-wise
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 7:48 pm

Can't wait for the new album.Orange Goblin are one of the best IMO.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 12:28 am

Heard this earlier. Great track!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 9:25 am

New tune sounds bad-ass.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 3:53 pm

I like it. Frequencies and Time Traveling are two great albums.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:16 pm

Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned Orangeeulogy

Bad-ass cover to go with the bad-ass tuneage.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 9:44 pm

the tune looks better than the cover to be honest...

EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 11:20 pm

Gonna be on my list. Thanks for posting
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 11:39 am

Bump...

The new album is out this Tuesday. Makes the perfect Valentine's Day gift for your significant other.

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 2:02 pm

I can't wait! Spinning some Orange Goblin today to get me in the mood.

I also found a first pressing of "Frequencies From Planet Ten" at a used shop the other day for $5, nice to replace my old emusic download finally.

Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 2:05 pm

http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/#/7

The whole album is up for streaming.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 2:16 pm

Rex wrote:
http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/#/7

The whole album is up for streaming.

Thanks Rex!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 2:22 pm

exact33 wrote:
the tune looks better than the cover to be honest...

MetalGuy really digs anchors and naked dudes......reminds him of those long voyages at sea. Laughing very hard

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 2:35 pm

"Save Me From Myself" is a REALLY cool track, has a swamp rock vibe to it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:51 pm

Spun the entire album and I'm happy to announce this is their best record since "The Big Black". KILLER!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 2:12 am

Official video for "Red Tide Rising".

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 7:59 am

This is a band I have heard of but never actually heard. I assumed I wouldn't like them and never gave them a chance. Not sure what I was expecting but this sounds damn good!

Great ! Another band I'll have to check out down the line. Any suggestions on where to start?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 8:13 am

007 wrote:
This is a band I have heard of but never actually heard. I assumed I wouldn't like them and never gave them a chance. Not sure what I was expecting but this sounds damn good!

Great ! Another band I'll have to check out down the line. Any suggestions on where to start?

I enjoy Frequencies from Planet Ten and Time Travelin Blues a lot.
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 8:35 am

Thanks. I was just checking out their discography and doesn't seem to be too extensive. Next time I'm out and about I'll have to see if I can locate any of them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 9:54 am

007 wrote:
Thanks. I was just checking out their discography and doesn't seem to be too extensive. Next time I'm out and about I'll have to see if I can locate any of them.

This box set has their first 5 albums with bonus tracks and stuff...

http://www.amazon.com/Five-CD-Boxset-Orange-Goblin/dp/B004V9IYTA/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1329490158&sr=1-2

If you can find it for under $40 bucks, it's worth it. It's a little sparce on bells & whitles, but the discs are good. Their first 2 albums were slightly more "spacey stoner metal" and they've progressed into more of a straight up stoner/doom band.

I haven't heard the newest one yet, but I'm of the opinion that they have not released a bad album yet. They are all good-to-excellent in their own way.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 10:04 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
007 wrote:

This box set has their first 5 albums with bonus tracks and stuff...

http://www.amazon.com/Five-CD-Boxset-Orange-Goblin/dp/B004V9IYTA/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1329490158&sr=1-2

If you can find it for under $40 bucks, it's worth it. It's a little sparce on bells & whitles, but the discs are good. Their first 2 albums were slightly more "spacey stoner metal" and they've progressed into more of a straight up stoner/doom band.

I haven't heard the newest one yet, but I'm of the opinion that they have not released a bad album yet. They are all good-to-excellent in their own way.

Nice ! That's a pretty good price for 5 discs. I gave a listen to a few samples and they are sounding pretty good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:47 pm

That box set is definitely the least expensive way to acquire their earlier albums, plus the discs in that box contain bonus tracks not available on the original CD pressings, to it's worth every penny.

This new album is great as well, not a bad place to start at all. It's on Spotify now for those interested.

Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 7:16 pm

I have this coming on vinyl!

Wargod
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned   Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next