Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Orange Goblin - any fans here?

Go down 
+7
EvyMetal
exact33
nevermore
TrogDawn
Wargod
rattpoison
mc666
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Orange Goblin - any fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Orange Goblin - any fans here?   Orange Goblin - any fans here? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 11:28 pm

There were quite a few years where I didn't listen to metal at all (my musical interests are pretty varied), but one of the albums that got me back into the groove was this one:

Orange Goblin - any fans here? 15828

The 70's vibe was the initial attraction (plus trying to find post-Kyuss groups to get into) but the more I listened to them the more they stuck in my head. I liked the second album even more (Time Traveling Blues) and then they really hit the ball out of the park with The Big Black.

I didn't really like the next couple records (they seemed to be searching around for a new direction without ever really hitting the mark) but they've more than returned to form with their latest:

Orange Goblin - any fans here? I82300k65ma

After searching around for an identity they finally decided to be an old-school metal band of the highest order. The opening track "The Ballad Of Solomon Eagle" is a riff dictionary and "Hound's Ditch" pretty much nails their sound in single track.

I'm not sure if they've ever toured in the States which is probably why they aren't better known.

Anyway, what'cha all think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - any fans here?   Orange Goblin - any fans here? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 11:30 pm

Good band from what I have heard (which is limited).

Do we say his name 3 times to make him appear or is it 5?

Anyway...

TROG, TROG, TROG....

That's the man to ask.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - any fans here?   Orange Goblin - any fans here? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 12:28 am

i like them alot. good stoner old school stuff. they did one helluva Misfits cover too.

rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - any fans here?   Orange Goblin - any fans here? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 12:43 am

spectrefate wrote:
Do we say his name 3 times to make him appear or is it 5?

Anyway...

TROG, TROG, TROG....

What is he like the Candyman or somethin', kinda scares me a little.

Anyway love the first Orange Goblin record, a bit psychedelic and jazzy. I think i picked it up cause of the album cover.....the burnt orange and lime green hues suckering me in i guess. Probably couldn't pass it up because of the song title's as well like "Song of the Purple Mushroom Fish"!

Kinda desert rock via England!

A good chaser after any Kyuss listening.

Detuned we chatted about the mighty Kyuss here if you wanna add anything.....

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/heart-of-metal-f1/kyuss-t6046.htm?highlight=kyuss

...and Masters Of Reality

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/heart-of-metal-f1/masters-of-reality-t4490.htm?highlight=masters+of+reality
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - any fans here?   Orange Goblin - any fans here? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 9:18 am

I prefer earlier Orange Goblin as I have not heard much of their newer stuff!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - any fans here?   Orange Goblin - any fans here? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 1:24 pm

rattpoison wrote:

Detuned we chatted about the mighty Kyuss here if you wanna add anything.....

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/heart-of-metal-f1/kyuss-t6046.htm?highlight=kyuss

...and Masters Of Reality

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/heart-of-metal-f1/masters-of-reality-t4490.htm?highlight=masters+of+reality

Thanks for the links, I'll check them out. I'm a HUGE fan of Masters Of Reality....and Kyuss of course.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - any fans here?   Orange Goblin - any fans here? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 3:13 pm

I have only heard Time Travelling Blues and various Sabbath covers (which are well done) by the Goblin. I like their sound (natch) but I haven't really delved into them too much...yet. Orange Goblin - any fans here? 309780

Orange Goblin - any fans here? F26d5e080d42aebb265c5cda267b728a_full
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - any fans here?   Orange Goblin - any fans here? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 8:51 pm

I dig Orange Goblin. Time Travelin' Blues is one awesome album.

They have toured the States before. I caught their last two U.S. tours.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - any fans here?   Orange Goblin - any fans here? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 2:15 am

Come to think of it, I think you're the one who burned me my copy of that cd, nev. Orange Goblin - any fans here? 309780

Last edited by TrogDawn on Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - any fans here?   Orange Goblin - any fans here? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:47 pm

I like Time Traveling Blues and Frequencies from Planet Ten. I got a 2 cd re-release (i think from krokus here on this board) that has some bonus tracks as well. The newest stuff from the band doesnt excite me as much...

Alex

EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - any fans here?   Orange Goblin - any fans here? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 3:55 am

I saw Orange Goblin's Healing Through Fire at a used shop today. Not my interest. Anyone in need of it?
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - any fans here?   Orange Goblin - any fans here? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 2:01 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
Come to think of it, I think you're the one who burned me my copy of that cd, nev. Orange Goblin - any fans here? 309780

Now that you mention it, Trog. I believe I did.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - any fans here?   Orange Goblin - any fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 3:53 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
I have only heard Time Travelling Blues and various Sabbath covers (which are well done) by the Goblin. I like their sound (natch) but I haven't really delved into them too much...yet. Orange Goblin - any fans here? 309780

Orange Goblin - any fans here? F26d5e080d42aebb265c5cda267b728a_full

Man, that is one bitchin' cover!!

I've heard very little of these guys, but I liked what I've heard. Someday I will have their music. Someday.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - any fans here?   Orange Goblin - any fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 10:32 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
I saw Orange Goblin's Healing Through Fire at a used shop today. Not my interest. Anyone in need of it?

you got pm!!

Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - any fans here?   Orange Goblin - any fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 10:40 pm

exact33 wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:

you got pm!!

Shucks not fast enough!! Curse you Exact!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - any fans here?   Orange Goblin - any fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 11:17 pm

Stender wrote:
Shucks not fast enough!! Curse you Exact!

thats the nicest thing anyone has said to me today!!

EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - any fans here?   Orange Goblin - any fans here? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:44 pm

exact33 wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:

you got pm!!

Ok! I'll check the PM.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - any fans here?   Orange Goblin - any fans here? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:00 pm

Orange Goblin - any fans here? Frequencies

Listening to this one again this morning, man what a great record! Still probably my favorite (along with Time Traveling Blues).
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - any fans here?   Orange Goblin - any fans here? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:07 pm

These guys are a pretty recent discovery for me, but I really like everything I've heard so far. Although I think I'd add them to the thread of "Bad Band Names". It sounds a little silly to me.

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - any fans here?   Orange Goblin - any fans here? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:09 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I think I'd add them to the thread of "Bad Band Names". It sounds a little silly to me.

Not if you just smoked a dime bag of hashish. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - any fans here?   Orange Goblin - any fans here? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:11 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I think I'd add them to the thread of "Bad Band Names". It sounds a little silly to me.

Not if you just smoked a dime bag of hashish. Smile

Good point.

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - any fans here?   Orange Goblin - any fans here? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:15 pm

They are named after the guitar amplifier company:

Orange Goblin - any fans here? Orange_AD30HTC_and_PPC412
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - any fans here?   Orange Goblin - any fans here? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:57 pm

detuned wrote:
They are named after the guitar amplifier company:

Orange Goblin - any fans here? Orange_AD30HTC_and_PPC412

Ahhh, ok. I can see that. Silly name or not, I still dig 'em.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - any fans here?   Orange Goblin - any fans here? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 8:57 pm

good band form the little I have heard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - any fans here?   Orange Goblin - any fans here? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 12:50 pm

Just discovered this band and I'm digging it. Did the spotify thing, so now it's time to get the disks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - any fans here?   Orange Goblin - any fans here? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orange Goblin - any fans here?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next