Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth)

Go down 
+16
ultmetal
The_Jayroh
tohostudios
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
exact33
kmorg
thejokeriv
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
manny
BearOnUnicycle
Wurthless
adrian
DeathCult
James B.
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth) Empty
PostSubject: Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth)   Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:00 pm

After reading DallasBlack's post in the Cher song title thread regarding Savatage. I figured a variation on that thread would be interesting, if not fun.

Mine would be The Allman Brothers Band in like 1970 w/ Humble Pie opening up.

Last edited by James B. on Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth)   Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:52 pm

Blue Oyster Cult circa 72 with Alice Cooper
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth)   Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:40 pm

For me personally, I might say Dark Angel on the Leave Scars tour
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth)   Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:43 pm

I would love to see early 70's Yes, and King Crimson (from the Larks Tongue/Red lineup).
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth)   Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 2:58 am

I'd love to see Svatage on Gutter Ballet tour (based on Fat Freedy's description I read here once Very Happy)
And WASP playing Crimson Idol would be great.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth)   Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:53 am

Jimi Hendrix at Winterland on New Year's Eve 1969
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth)   Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:54 am

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
I'd love to see Savatage on Gutter Ballet tour (based on Fat Freedy's description I read here once Very Happy)

Comic Book Guy Voice: "Best...concert...EVER."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth)   Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 10:43 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
BearOnUnicycle wrote:
I'd love to see Savatage on Gutter Ballet tour (based on Fat Freedy's description I read here once Very Happy)

Comic Book Guy Voice: "Best...concert...EVER."

What, like the famous "At the Hall of Justice"...guy's voice
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth)   Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 10:55 am

I'd get myself one of those time-traveling phone booths from "Bill and Ted" and snatch various bands/lineups from the past to create a festival of all the bands I wanted to see but never got to, like:

Helloween (preferably the WALLS OF JERICHO or KEEPER Part 1 lineups, tho I'd settle for the Deris band in a pinch)

Any band with Ronnie James Dio in it (Rainbow, Sabbath, solo, Heaven & Hell... I wouldn't be picky)

Ratt circa OUT OF THE CELLAR

Deliverance circa the S/T or WEAPONS era

Barren Cross circa ATOMIC ARENA

Bruce Dickinson solo circa ACCIDENT OF BIRTH

Metallica w/Cliff Burton on bass

Stryper circa TO HELL W/THE DEVIL

Twisted Sister circa YOU CAN'T STOP ROCK N ROLL

Motley Crue circa SHOUT AT THE DEVIL

Belladonna-fronted Anthrax

...to name just a few. I'm sure if I thought about it longer, the lineup for FatFreddyFest would be so large that it would be likely to go on for several days. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth)   Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:01 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'd get myself one of those time-traveling phone booths from "Bill and Ted" and snatch various bands/lineups to create a festival of all the bands I've always wanted to see but never got around to, like:

Helloween (preferably the WALLS OF JERICHO or KEEPER Part 1 lineups, tho I'd settle for the Deris band in a pinch)

Any band with Ronnie James Dio in it (Rainbow, Sabbath, solo, Heaven & Hell... I wouldn't be picky)

Twisted Sister

...to name just a few. I'm sure if I thought about it longer, the lineup for FatFreddyFest would be so large that it would be likely to go on for several days. Very Happy

saw all those but Helloween headbanger

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth)   Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:05 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Upon further consideration, I'd make this into the Raven/Metallica combo platter from the legendary KILL'EM ALL FOR ONE tour in '83.

Quote :
saw all those but Helloween

Color me jealous. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth)   Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:08 am

James B. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I'd get myself one of those time-traveling phone booths from "Bill and Ted" and snatch various bands/lineups to create a festival of all the bands I've always wanted to see but never got around to, like:

Twisted Sister

Nice list!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth)   Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:12 am

thejokeriv wrote:
James B. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Twisted Sister

Nice list!!!!!

I could go on all day... I'd also stop by Australia in 1975 and snatch the Bon Scott fronted AC/DC, now that I think about it...and I gotta get Spinal Tap and the Mentors in there too...

I'd also drop in on Samantha Fox's video shoot for "Touch Me" and borrow her for a while... but not to listen to her sing.... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth)   Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:32 am

OK my time machine

Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock 1969

The Doors anytime during 1967-68

AC/DC with Bon Scott

Deep Purple 1972

Van Halen club dayz with DLR

KISS Love Gun tour

Alice Cooper Billion Dollar Babies tour 1973

swing my time machine around and pick up Freddy

Metallica/Raven and Venom

W.A.S. P/Armored Saint

Black Sabbath-Heaven and Hell

Ozzy with Randy Rhoads

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth)   Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:34 am

manny wrote:

swing my time machine around and pick up Freddy

Metallica/Raven and Venom

W.A.S. P/Armored Saint

Sweet. I'll buy the beer!! headbanger

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth)   Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:55 am

Hmmm..... To start with, the concerts I wasn't allowed to go see when I was younger - my Dad didn't want me to go because of the "drugs" at concerts......

KISS - Creatures, Animalize
Iron Maiden - World Piece, World Slavery, Somewhere On Tour
Metallica - Ride The Lightning
Mercyful Fate/Exciter - The Oath
Judas Priest - Turbo @ Capital Centre (Heavy Metal Parking Lot gig)
Ozzy/Metallica/Yngwie - Ultimate Tour
Van Halen - 1984
Def Leppard - Pyromania
Scorpions - Love At First Sting

Other shows that would have been awesome to see:

KISS - Love Gun, Dynasty
Jimi Hendrix - Woodstock, Monterrey Pop
Deep Purple - Machine Head tour
Scorpions - Taken By Force tour in Japan
Black Sabbath - Mob Rules tour
AC/DC - Highway To Hell tour
Cheap Trick - At Budokon gig
Journey - Escape Tour
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here, The Wall
Savatage - Gutter Ballet

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth)   Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 12:31 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Savatage - Gutter Ballet

Have I mentioned lately that this was the (Comic Book Guy Voice) "BEST...concert... EVER?" Very Happy

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth)   Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 12:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Savatage - Gutter Ballet

Have I mentioned lately that this was the (Comic Book Guy Voice) "BEST...concert... EVER?" Very Happy

Yep! LOL!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth)   Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 12:54 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Savatage - Gutter Ballet

Yep! LOL!

Well, geez, it had been almost five minutes, so it needed repeating! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth)   Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 1:15 pm

I saw Savatage several times during the late 80's and 90's being that they were local heroes, and it shows how much I took them for granted. It is also weird to think of them as legendary since I saw them play outdoors, in dives, radio promos etc
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth)   Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 2:34 pm

Savatage with Criss is a given!

I'd also give my left nut to have been at the Stryper/Loudness/TNT tour back in the day.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth)   Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 3:57 pm

Queensryche The Warning/Rage for Order at the Spectrum

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth)   Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 4:20 pm

I'd give a LOT to have a chance to see Iron Maiden's - World Slavery tour.

That's the tour of my metal lifetime.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth)   Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 4:20 pm

kmorg wrote:

I'd also give my left nut to have been at the Stryper/Loudness/TNT tour back in the day.

I was lucky enough to see that one Wink
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth)   Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 4:21 pm

The Angels in Australia circa 1980 ("Take me away to Marseilles...")

PostSubject: Re: Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth)   Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dream Concert (Freddy's Phone Booth)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next