Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ghoultown

Go down 
+5
MetalGuy71
QuothTheRaven
jstate
exact33
Eyesore
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Ghoultown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:02 pm

Here's the tracklisting and some song info:

Quote :
Track Listing:

1st Street Sessions
1. Bury the Hatchet
2. Killin's a Bitch (and This Bitch is Killin' Me)
3. Legend of Everett Sykes

Rare Cuts
4. Skeleton Cowboys
5. Ballad of Clarence Heckles
6. Hog Trail

Fatt Traxx Sessions
7. Boots of Hell
8. After 2
9. Killer In Texas

Crystal Clear Sessions
10. Pale Skin Diva
11. Southern Witch
12. Death of Jonah Hex (alt version)
13. Ten Seconds To Blood

Early Gothabilly
14. Wicked Man (alt version)
15. Fistful of Demons (alt version)
16. Gunslinger

Live
17. Tekilla
18. Dirty Sanchez
19. Revenge of Dirty Sanchez

Demos
20. Between the West and the Setting Sun (2007 demo)
21. After 2 (1998 demo)

Song Notes:

Bury the Hatchet
BURY THE HATCHET was recorded for the compilation "This is Horrorpunk Vol. 1" released in 2003 by Fiendforce Records (Germany). It has never appeared on a Ghoultown release.

Killin's a Bitch (and This Bitch is Killin' Me)
KILLIN'S A BITCH was written for the movie Suburban Nightmare in 2004. The movie was originally titled Blood and Roses, therefore the lyrics use this phrase. The song plays over the ending credits, but was never released in any other audio format.

Legend of Everett Sykes
LEGEND OF EVERETT SYKES was written for the movie Hallow's End in 2004. The lyrics were based on the character of Everett Sykes, which was a part of the plot's back-story. The character was only referenced briefly in the script, but Lyle expanded Sykes' legend by creating his own story within the lyrics. The song was released as a bonus track on Live From Texas! in 2004, so it is still available, but in the interest of including all of the "1st Street Studio Sessions" together, we chose to include it here.

Skeleton Cowboys and Hog Trail
SKELETON COWBOYS and HOG TRAIL were both recorded for the Skeleton Cowboys 7-inch vinyl released by Zoviet Records in 2008. SKELETON COWBOYS appears on Side 1 of the record (with 'London Dungeon' on Side 2). HOG TRAIL was only available as a bonus track via a special digital download card included with the vinyl.

The Ballad of Clarence Heckles
THE BALLAD OF CLARENCE HECKLES was recorded for the audio compilation that accompanied the DVD release of Cannibal Flesh Riot by director Gris Grimly. Like 'Legend of Everett Sykes', Lyle chose to expand the back-story of one of the characters - Clarence Heckles - using the lyrics. This song has never been available on a Ghoultown release.

Boots of Hell, After 2, Killer In Texas
These songs were originally released as a three-song demo in 1999. Only a few hundred copies were pressed. After those sold out, the songs were later combined with two songs from the Crystal Clear Sessions to become the Boots of Hell EP. Although these songs were available on that release, it has been out-of-print for many years now.

Pale Skin Diva, Southern Witch, Death of Jonah Hex, Ten Seconds To Blood
These songs were recorded at Crystal Clear Studios in Dallas, Texas from 2000-2001. Since the band had very little budget in those days, the sessions would usually amount to one or two songs at a time. DEATH OF JONAH HEX was recorded first and released on two compilations: Lone Star Hop (CD) and Diggy Diggy Die (vinyl LP). The band later re-recorded DEATH OF JONAH HEX for Tales From the Dead West, but this is the original version which has some cool variations and a different production.

PALE SKIN DIVA and SOUTHERN WITCH were recorded later and eventually combined with the three Fatt Traxx demos to create the Boots of Hell EP (now out-of-print).

TEN SECONDS TO BLOOD was recorded for the compilation Trinity Volume 1 released in 2002 by Starvox Records. It later appeared as a bonus track on the European version of Tales From the Dead West by Corazong Records.

Wicked Man and Fistful of Demons
These songs were recorded for the compilation Gothabilly: Razin' Hell released in 2002 by Skully Records. WICKED MAN was a song originally written by guitarist D. Evilwood for Lyle's previous band, The Killcreeps, but was re-recorded by Ghoultown. FISTFUL OF DEMONS was written for the purposes of this compilation, but has gone on to become one of Ghoultown's classic tunes. Both songs were later re-recorded for Give 'Em More Rope, but these are the original versions.

Gunslinger
GUNSLINGER was the first song Lyle wrote for the Ghoultown project, although it was not recorded until 2001 for Tales From the Dead West. This is the same recording from that release, but since the song holds a special place in the black heart of Ghoultown, and Tales From the Dead West is now out of print, it seemed appropriate to include the track here.

Tekilla, Dirty Sanchez, and Revenge of Dirty Sanchez
These songs were recorded live at Trees in Dallas, Texas on July 16, 2011. At this show the band debuted a new song, REVENGE OF DIRTY SANCHEZ, which is a sequel to the ever-popular Ghoultown song, DIRTY SANCHEZ. DIRTY SANCHEZ has always been a crowd favorite at live shows, so it only seemed right to include both songs here, back-to-back! Though Lyle began writing REVENGE OF DIRTY SANCHEZ many years ago, this was the first time the band performed the song live. It has yet to be recorded in a studio.

Between the West and the Setting Sun (2007) and After 2 (1998)
When writing Ghoultown songs, Lyle typically works them out on acoustic guitar and then records a simple demo at home. He then gives the demo to the other members before getting together as a band to work out the full arrangement. Sometimes the songs end up sounding close to the demo, sometimes different.

BETWEEN THE WEST AND THE SETTING SUN was written for a movie soundtrack, however, the movie never ended up going to film. The script, written by American Nightmare director Jon Keeyes, involves a family of vampires who live in a remote Texas town. This is obviously perfect inspiration for a Ghoultown song. This is Lyle's demo version of the song with some added guitars by Jake.

The AFTER 2 demo dates way back to 1998 before the Ghoultown line-up was formed. At that time Lyle was experimenting with the concept, and wrote GUNSLINGER and AFTER 2 first. This is the original 4-track version of AFTER 2 performed by Lyle on a Tascam cassette 4-track. Listening to recent material, such as the heavier songs on Life After Sundown, it is apparent that Ghoultown's sound has progressed over the years. But it still retains that melancholy spookiness that Lyle first began exploring all those years ago.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

Ghoultown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:13 am

Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
New album is available for download. It's $9.99, 21 tracks. Sucks that it's digital only, but I downloaded it. =)
i dont know. I would much rather have a cd.
Me, too. But I can hope my purchase helps finance a future studio album. Maybe I should ask Locky to do a limited run of this album. =)
p

Dude, i'd love to do a small pressing if it can be arranged with the band. Hit me up to chat about it if interested.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Ghoultown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:17 am

stormspell wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
New album is available for download. It's $9.99, 21 tracks. Sucks that it's digital only, but I downloaded it. =)
Me, too. But I can hope my purchase helps finance a future studio album. Maybe I should ask Locky to do a limited run of this album. =)
p

Dude, i'd love to do a small pressing if it can be arranged with the band. Hit me up to chat about it if interested.
Man, that'd be killer. I'll mention it to Lyle. Actually, PM me Facebook me some specifics, like what's in it for the band and whatnot, then I'll mention it to Lyle.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Ghoultown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:23 am

Eyesore wrote:
stormspell wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
p

Man, that'd be killer. I'll mention it to Lyle. Actually, PM me Facebook me some specifics, like what's in it for the band and whatnot, then I'll mention it to Lyle.

Sure thing my man. I'll PM you all details tomorrow. I'm in bed already perusing the net via kindle fire and it kills me to type on it's phony keyboard with my fat fingers, haha
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Ghoultown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:33 am

The new album is on amazon for $8.99 by the way. Nothing beats going to sleep listening to some killer horrorbilly, hell yeah!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Ghoultown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 11:26 am

stormspell wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
p

i would be all over that!! Ghoultown are great!

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Ghoultown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 11:29 am

exact33 wrote:
stormspell wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
p

i would be all over that!! Ghoultown are great!

Same here. I've been playing thier older stuff over and over again just in the last 2 weeks. They are awesome!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Ghoultown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 11:42 am

I'd prefer a CD of course, but for that download price and to support the band I may just pull the trigger. I've also wanted to get a t-shirt from them too. Awesome band that needs to be heard.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Ghoultown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 4:47 pm

Hell yeah!

Quote :
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT! Ghoultown has begun preliminary work on a new album. Yes, that’s right! Tentatively titled “Ghosts of the Southern Son,” the album will be the band’s first full-length studio release since “Life After Sundown.” After various setbacks and challenges over the last few years, the band is excited to record what they consider to be their best material yet. The project is still in the early phases, as the band is just starting to rehearse the songs (which were written previously by frontman Count Lyle). No release date has been set, but we will post updates as they become available.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Ghoultown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 8:43 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Hell yeah!

Quote :
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT! Ghoultown has begun preliminary work on a new album. Yes, that’s right! Tentatively titled “Ghosts of the Southern Son,” the album will be the band’s first full-length studio release since “Life After Sundown.” After various setbacks and challenges over the last few years, the band is excited to record what they consider to be their best material yet. The project is still in the early phases, as the band is just starting to rehearse the songs (which were written previously by frontman Count Lyle). No release date has been set, but we will post updates as they become available.

headbanger

i am really really looking forward to this.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Ghoultown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 10:41 pm

Yeah, should be a great one. Glad he decided to do another album.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Ghoultown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 8:37 am

i am too. I think they are really the best horrorbilly band out there.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Ghoultown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 5:54 pm

exact33 wrote:

No doubt.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Ghoultown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 10:33 am

Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:

No doubt.

Lyle signed my copy of Bury Them Deep with the bonus track. He is a cool guy.

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Ghoultown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 11:23 am

I feel like I should like these guys more than I do, I'm not sure what's missing, it's decent for sure but...

I am starting to get into The Coffinshakers more though.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Ghoultown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 11:38 am

Boris2008 wrote:
I feel like I should like these guys more than I do, I'm not sure what's missing, it's decent for sure but...

I am starting to get into The Coffinshakers more though.

i really like the coffinshakers. I have most of their stuff and it all rocks. Have you checked out Rob Coffinshakers solo material?

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Ghoultown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 2:11 pm

No but I'm sure that I'll get to it as I really like his voice.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Ghoultown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 2:45 pm

exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:

No doubt.

Lyle signed my copy of Bury Them Deep with the bonus track. He is a cool guy.

Yeah, I interviewed him for Shock Totem. Very cool, dude. I love how he told me he wouldn't do the interview if I asked all the same lame-ass questions every reviewer asks. I have always tried to ask unique questions, so we were on the same page from the get-go.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Ghoultown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 10:40 am

Eyesore wrote:
Hell yeah!

Quote :

headbanger

Sweet! Love these guys.

The King
exact33

Ghoultown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 7:48 pm

new cd out April 25:

Ghoultown - Page 2 Cd_ghost_large

Apparition
Southern Son
Ghost of the Past
Devil’s Comin Round
Cuchillo
I Am the Night
Black On Black
Blood, Bullets, and Whiskey
Revenge of Dirty Sanchez
Stick To Your Guns
Tombstone
Black-Lung Revival
Vanishing Riders

http://www.ghoultown.com/shop.htm

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Ghoultown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 8:16 pm

...And I still don't "get" this band.

Still sounds like a "schtick" to me.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Ghoultown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 10:49 am

Sweet. I'm all over this.

tohostudios wrote:
...And I still don't "get" this band.

Still sounds like a "schtick" to me.

The first album is a little "schticky" with some juvenile lyrics, but they've grown on subsequent albums. They picked a cool gimmick (horror-western-rockabilly-punk?) and ran with it.

The King
exact33

Ghoultown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 5:27 pm

i like them a lot. Lyle has a good voice and they have a good sound.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Ghoultown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 04, 2017 5:13 am

New tune on this upcoming Cleopatra comp.

Great song!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Ghoultown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 04, 2017 5:47 am

Eyesore wrote:
New tune on this upcoming Cleopatra comp.

Great song!

Man, the One-Eyed Doll track is outstanding! Like Mandylion-era The Gathering.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ghoultown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ghoultown
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next