Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ghoultown

Go down 
+2
MetalGuy71
Eyesore
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Ghoultown Empty
PostSubject: Ghoultown   Ghoultown Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:46 pm

Man, I am in love with this band. I'd been meaning to check them out for a long time to Count Lyle (ex-Solitude Aeturnus) being the main dude in the band, but I never did until last year or so. I just a couple more releases of theirs so I've been on a kick lately.

I know they've been mentioned here before, but has anyone checked them out since? They did the new Elvira theme song!

Waaaaaaaaay better than that old honky tonk Elvira song. Her acting skills are still fantastic. Haha.

Here's some other vids:

So killer! Ghoultown 626272
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Ghoultown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:06 pm

The Elvira tune was catchy. Sounds like the Volbeat singer. Couldn't get the other 2 videos to play though.

By the way, is that a recent Elvira video? By my count, she should be about 87 years old by now, aint' she? Her "acting skills" are holding up nicely though. Ghoultown Icon_razz

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Ghoultown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:12 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The Elvira tune was catchy. Sounds like the Volbeat singer. Couldn't get the other 2 videos to play though.
Yeah, not sure why the other two aren't loading. YouTube issue, I guess.

Quote :
By the way, is that a recent Elvira video? By my count, she should be about 87 years old by now, aint' she? Her "acting skills" are holding up nicely though. Ghoultown Icon_razz
She's pushing 60, I think, but she still looks pretty hot.

Hardly recognizable without the wig and makeup, huh?
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Ghoultown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:23 pm

I have their last album and like it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Ghoultown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:28 pm

Quote :

If memory serves correctly, she started out her career as a Vegas show girl in the late 60's /early 70's, so she's definately no spring chicken. Looks pretty good.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Ghoultown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

If memory serves correctly, she started out her career as a Vegas show girl in the late 60's /early 70's, so she's definately no spring chicken. Looks pretty good.
The DVD looks much clearer. She's not all dolled up in that behind-the-scenes thing, you know; she's just aged well. Unlike our beloved Lita. Haha.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Ghoultown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:53 pm

I just can't get into this band. Several people on other boards rave about them but they just don't do anything for me. I keep feeling like they should though.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Ghoultown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 5:07 am

Elvira never seems to age.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Ghoultown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 8:11 am

Love Ghoultown! Great stuff!! I have been starting to look into other bands of this genre but so far Ghoultown is the best.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Ghoultown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:01 am

exact33 wrote:
Love Ghoultown! Great stuff!! I have been starting to look into other bands of this genre but so far Ghoultown is the best.

I'm digging this too. What genre would you call this? It's got some stoner rock elements, a little retro feel and maybe even a little rockabilly. If there is more of this out there, let me know.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Ghoultown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:49 am

Probably impossible to stick them in a genre. They're like country rockabilly with a good dose of punk, and then some spaghetti western mixed in, horns and all that. Not a very common sound, you know.

Two of their albums are still on sale for $7 each from their website. Killer deal, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Ghoultown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:58 am

Eyesore wrote:
Probably impossible to stick them in a genre. They're like country rockabilly with a good dose of punk, and then some spaghetti western mixed in, horns and all that. Not a very common sound, you know.

Two of their albums are still on sale for $7 each from their website. Killer deal, in my opinion.

Man-o-man, is that tempting! Get all 4 of their older albums for $35 bucks. I might have to get them.

The King
exact33

Ghoultown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 1:32 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Man-o-man, is that tempting! Get all 4 of their older albums for $35 bucks. I might have to get them.

go for it. You wont go wrong!

exact33
The King
exact33

Ghoultown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 1:33 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
exact33 wrote:

I'm digging this too. What genre would you call this? It's got some stoner rock elements, a little retro feel and maybe even a little rockabilly. If there is more of this out there, let me know.

I have heard them called horrorbilly as well. Two bands I am interested in getting:

The Legendary Shack Shakers - Swampblood
The Other - We are Who We Eat

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Ghoultown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:09 pm

exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

go for it. You wont go wrong!

I might just get 1 for that $7 deal for now and see how well that goes. I like what I'm hearing, but taking the plunge on a more or less "blind purchase" of 4 albums for $40 (w/shipping) is a bit more than the music budget will allow.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Ghoultown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:29 pm

Step it up a few bucks and get Life After Sundown. It's easily their best album. Or pick up the live CD/DVD for $7 if you're looking for the best value for the money.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Ghoultown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:58 pm

Hmmmm, we'll see how well my ebay auctions do after this weekend. My Paypal account is bone-dry at the moment.

The King
exact33

Ghoultown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 6:52 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Hmmmm, we'll see how well my ebay auctions do after this weekend. My Paypal account is bone-dry at the moment.

Smile

If you can only get one, I will second Ken and vote for Life after Sundown!

Sponsored content

Ghoultown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghoultown   Ghoultown Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ghoultown
Page 1 of 1