Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Power Metal for a (sort of) beginner

Go down 
+22
DeathCult
scottmitchell74
jettafiend
firestarter
Mglaffas81
exact33
Lurideath
thejokeriv
allthingsmetal
Spiner202
Lari
EmoElmo
Smindas
kmorg
Fat Freddy
snooloui
bassman
A Handful of Wayne
Wargod
Stender
tohostudios
metalhead777
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

Power Metal for a (sort of) beginner - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Metal for a (sort of) beginner   Power Metal for a (sort of) beginner - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 8:20 pm

Not sure if anyone mentioned this band in this thread but I strongly recommend SABATON.

The name may not be the most creative but their style of power metal is unlike the traditional Helloween-inspired style that we have to put up with...

Sabaton's style, for lack of a better term, is extremely manly!

All their themes are war-based and are played out with much pride both instrumentally and in the tone of the vocals. These guys love the glory and spoils of war and will sing about it until the end of time.

That said, they have some great albums and some that are just ... good. In any case, my recommendation goes for the aptly titled album, 'The Art of War'. As I hear it, it is the best representation of Sabaton's still young career. The album perfects the band's style over the band's first 4 albums with more 'epic' choruses, grand instrumental sections and heavier use of orchestration.

Highly recommended for anyone who is fed up with flowery power metal... this is for anyone who considers (like I do) Running Wild to be the best power metal band ever
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Power Metal for a (sort of) beginner   Power Metal for a (sort of) beginner - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 5:14 am

At the softer end of the power metal spectrum, I would suggest Twilightning. Their first album is brilliant power metal, second album is more hard rock but still pretty good and I don't know what the hell the their third album is Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Power Metal for a (sort of) beginner   Power Metal for a (sort of) beginner - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 8:05 am

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
SABATON
I did mention them, but after your post everyone must go and get something from the band Very Happy
I'd suggest "Attero Dominatus", but you cant go wrong with any of their albums (well, except for maybe Metalizer)

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
Running Wild is the best pm band ever

^ True
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power Metal for a (sort of) beginner   Power Metal for a (sort of) beginner - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Power Metal for a (sort of) beginner
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3