Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kobra and the Lotus

Go down 
+14
corplhicks
brokentulsa
stpatrik
Eyesore
MetalRob331
Wargod
James B.
nevermore
T-Roy
mc666
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
The_Jayroh
Sutekh
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Kobra and the Lotus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 10:36 am

I had a copy in my hands this weekend at Best Buy, but I put it back. I'm going back tomorrow to pick up the new Priest album, so maybe I'll reconsider.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 1:06 pm

My daughter caught them recently in Concord when they opened for Leppard and KISS.  Said they were right up my alley.  "metal-ish", "melodic",  "hooky tunes", and "hot betty up front"

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 1:19 pm

James B. wrote:
My daughter caught them recently in Concord when they opened for Leppard and KISS.  Said they were right up my alley.  "metal-ish", "melodic",  "hooky tunes", and "hot betty up front"

That sounds about right lol. Very much old school traditional heavy metal. Great riffing. I wish the vocalist had a little more grit, but I'm not even registering that as a complaint, she's so good.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 4:07 pm

This album starts out great, but man the later songs really lack in comparison to the first 4-5!!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 4:28 pm

Good news everybody! KatL has officially made my top 10 of the year! You can rest now. :-)
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 3:07 pm

Some notes now that I've purchased the album:

-I got my wife into it. That's saying a lot. Very Happy
-The album is very strong all the way through.
-Ends on a beautiful note; Lost in the Shadows is a most moving ballad.
-Battle of Wrath may be my favorite, but Heartbeat is a close second.
-My only complaint: sounds a little flat, like it needs some punch and more gain on the guitars. Then I saw the producer credit: Johnny K. You bastard.
-Kobra is slowly beginning to woo me over Doro. They're at least neck and neck.  dancingthing
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 7:34 pm

Just saw these guys live and they killed it. Might have to buy their stuff now. Her voice is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 10:01 pm

Their last album is quite awesome as well. Their debut is just so-so.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 10:46 am

Bump for a new ep of cover tunes coming soon...

Quote :
Canada's explosive hard rockers KOBRA AND THE LOTUS will soon release a brand new EP. Due out August 28, the "Words Of The Prophets" EP (Titan Music) was produced by the Grammy-nominated Johnny K (MEGADETH, DISTURBED, THREE DOORS DOWN) and will feature cover songs by great Canadian artists.

"Words Of The Prophets" track listing:

01. Lay It On The Line (TRIUMPH)
02. Sign Of The Gypsy Queen (APRIL WINE)
03. Black Velvet (ALANNAH MYLES)
04. Let It Ride (BTO)
05. Spirit Of The Radio (RUSH)

Kobra and the Lotus - Page 2 Kobraandtheotuswordscd

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 3:34 pm

Kobra and the Lotus release their soft-core video for the first single, 'Black Velvet'

Not for nothing, but if I'm one of the members of the band that doesn't have giant tits or lead guitar, I'm kinda pissed that I'm not in the video. Does the rest of the band even show up on the day of the shoot?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 12:10 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Kobra and the Lotus release their soft-core video for the first single, 'Black Velvet'

Not for nothing, but if I'm one of the members of the band that doesn't have giant tits or lead guitar, I'm kinda pissed that I'm not in the video. Does the rest of the band even show up on the day of the shoot?

No, they get the day off.
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 12:28 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Bassist Brad Kennedy is in there as the limo driver. As for second guitarist and drummer, they dont currently have either firmly in place, just for touring.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 12:55 pm

Going strictly by that video, you'd think maybe the label is grooming her for a solo album or career. It's pretty much all her. No that there is anything wrong with that. She's hot.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 3:12 pm

My god...
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 3:27 pm

She's hot and all, but that song/rendition is lame. Never cared for the original either.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 2:47 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
She's hot and all, but that song/rendition is lame. Never cared for the original either.

I agree with you on all 3 counts. Nice visuals, lame cover, lame song.

I'm normally down with a good cover album, but if that first song is any indication, I'll be passing on this one.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 3:50 pm

The cover is way too safe. Kobra is a heavy/power metal band. Why are they doing a note-for-note cover of a blues/rock song?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 4:12 pm

Eyesore wrote:
The cover is way too safe. Kobra is a heavy/power metal band. Why are they doing a note-for-note cover of a blues/rock song?

Looking for radio airplay would be my number one guess. Clear Channel could easily put that in their rotation.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 12:03 am

Looks like KatL are headed into the studio via PledgeMusic:

Quote :
Hey Guys!

We are stoked to share with you that we are returning to the studio to record our 4th album. This time we have teamed up with PledgeMusic to make sure you are part of the journey. Together we will collaborate to make sure this album is the most killer yet!

We will be posting video and photo updates from the writing table, studio, and even from the road. These updates will give you a little view into our lives and how the music meshes together to form an album. You may even hear a sneak peak or two from the new record….

T-shirts, CD’s, Vinyl Records, Posters, Hats…all types of new merchandise is now available to you. We’d really love to meet you guys, and so we are offering many VIP experiences and packages. Come hang out with us before a show or become part of the recording process!

Thanks for being a loyal fan! Your love and support keeps us going.

See you soon,

Kobra, Jasio, Brad

The album is apparently titled Prevail. Strangely enough, the header on the Pledge page states "New DOUBLE Album. The pledge incentives are too numerous to list here, but I wouldn't mind going for the $500 makeout workout session with Kobra. Anyway, they're 9% there as of this writing, details are here: http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/kobraandthelotus

I am stoked that a new album is on the way.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 11:38 am

I'll buy it, but not for $25. I'll wait and pick it up in a store.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 11:12 am

I wanted to like these guys, but their first 2 albums just didn't click with me. Best of luck with their pledge drive, but I think I'm done with them.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 11:31 pm

New track. I dig it!

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2020 10:27 am

A couple of videos have been released since the last post in this thread.

I looked up Kobra Paige because I saw she was married to Tommy Karevik. And I've been looking up Karevik because of the new Ayreon album.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2020 6:23 pm

Really dig the new album, though it leans heavily on modern sounds, clearly aiming for that Halestorm fanbase. Didn't think I would like it much, but it's quite good. I also dig Halestorm, so I guess I'm not too surprised I like it. Definitely prefer their more metal sound from previous albums, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kobra and the Lotus   Kobra and the Lotus - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kobra and the Lotus
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2