Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help with Ozzy pictures

Go down 
+3
ultmetal
James B.
kmorg
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Help with Ozzy pictures Empty
PostSubject: Help with Ozzy pictures   Help with Ozzy pictures Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 8:48 am

Who's who on these pictures?

Help with Ozzy pictures Ozzy_b10

Help with Ozzy pictures Ozzy_b11

Help with Ozzy pictures Ozzy_p10

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ozzy pictures   Help with Ozzy pictures Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 9:21 am

The top photo has the correct namss in the left corner but they go right to left, iinstead of left to right.

Middle photo...L to R:Rudy Sarzo, Tommy Aldridge, Ozzy, and Randy Rhoads. (The touring Blizzard of Ozz) My favorite line up.

Bottom photo, same a s above with Don Airey between Rudy and Ozzy

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ozzy pictures   Help with Ozzy pictures Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 10:04 am

Thanks, James!!

So the toruing line-up between Blizzard and Diary was different than the line-up on the albums?

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ozzy pictures   Help with Ozzy pictures Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 10:19 am

kmorg wrote:
Thanks, James!!

So the toruing line-up between Blizzard and Diary was different than the line-up on the albums?

That is correct. Bob Daisley was the bassist on the first two albums, as well as Bark At the Moon, and also penned much of the music and lyrics. However, Rudy toured with the band for the majority of the first few tours. Rudy was suppose to play bass on Bark at the Moon but quit the band shortly after the death of his friend Randy.

After Randy, there was guitarists Bernie Tormé, Brad Gillis and then Jake E. Lee.

Last edited by ultmetal on Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ozzy pictures   Help with Ozzy pictures Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 10:46 am

Daisley and Kerslake did tour with Ozzy, but only on the initial U.K. tour.

Interesting tidbit, Phil Sousson who wrote "Shot In The Dark", Ozzy's first radio hit, is now the Vice President of the Grammys. You would think there there would be a bigger rock representation in the awards and stuff as he is still a big hard rock guy, but I guess he is only one guy.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ozzy pictures   Help with Ozzy pictures Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 10:53 am

Rudy's autobiography gives some great insight into the early years of Ozzy and about the life of Randy, since the two had played together in both Quiet Riot and Ozzy.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ozzy pictures   Help with Ozzy pictures Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 11:11 am

On the 1995 remastered version of No Rest For The Wicked the pictures show Geezer Butler on bass. He was on the Just Say Ozzy live-EP, but not the No Rest... Man, finding Ozzy pictures representing the albums is hard!

Say, ultmetal; do you have the picture from The Ultimate Sin line-up, without the border?

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ozzy pictures   Help with Ozzy pictures Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 12:17 pm

kmorg, check your email.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ozzy pictures   Help with Ozzy pictures Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 9:43 am

Quote :

Quote :
Bob Daisley was the bassist on the first two albums, as well as Bark At the Moon, and also penned much of the music and lyrics. However, Rudy toured with the band for the majority of the first few tours.

There was an interesting article in a recent edition of Classic Rock magazine on the recording of Blizzard and Diary. Bob Daisley claims that both he and Lee Kerslake were fired from Ozzy's band because (among other things) Sharon thought they looked too old and not "rock n roll" enough. They didn't fit the image she had in mind.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ozzy pictures   Help with Ozzy pictures Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 10:33 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

Quote :
Bob Daisley was the bassist on the first two albums, as well as Bark At the Moon, and also penned much of the music and lyrics. However, Rudy toured with the band for the majority of the first few tours.

There was an interesting article in a recent edition of Classic Rock magazine on the recording of Blizzard and Diary. Bob Daisley claims that both he and Lee Kerslake were fired from Ozzy's band because (among other things) Sharon thought they looked too old and not "rock n roll" enough. They didn't fit the image she had in mind.

That's true. Those sentiments are also echoed in the Randy Rhoads biography "Randy Rhoads : A Life."

It's also a fact that the band was suppose to be called Blizzard of Ozz with Rhoads, Daisley and Kerslake as equal band members. They didn't find out until after the album was out that Don Arden was promoting the band as Ozzy Osbourne and them as his backup musicians.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ozzy pictures   Help with Ozzy pictures Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 12:21 pm

ult

Do you have a link, or made a list yourself, of all the books written about Randy Rhoads?
I will read a title hear and there, but not the authors' names, or get their names, but not full book titles / publishers.
The only two I read of that are definitely worth buying is
Rudy Sarzo "Off The Rails", and the new one by Bob Daisley (not sure if that is out yet, heard it might be a limited printing).

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ozzy pictures   Help with Ozzy pictures Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 12:33 pm

mlotek wrote:
ult

Do you have a link, or made a list yourself, of all the books written about Randy Rhoads?
I will read a title hear and there, but not the authors' names, or get their names, but not full book titles / publishers.
The only two I read of that are definitely worth buying is
Rudy Sarzo "Off The Rails", and the new one by Bob Daisley (not sure if that is out yet, heard it might be a limited printing).

http://www.amazon.com/Randy-Rhoads-Life-David-Bene/dp/0979937108

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ozzy pictures   Help with Ozzy pictures Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 1:49 am

Thanks, looks like a lot of other Rhoads related books is connected to that one too.
Never thought of checking Amazon , used it only once years ago (an order never shipped so seller refunded my money).
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ozzy pictures   Help with Ozzy pictures Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:46 am

mlotek wrote:
Thanks, looks like a lot of other Rhoads related books is connected to that one too.
Never thought of checking Amazon , used it only once years ago (an order never shipped so seller refunded my money).

I use Amazon a lot and never have any problems. The one item I ever received that was damaged, they had a new one to me in two days and didn't even wait for me to return the first item. Great service.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ozzy pictures   Help with Ozzy pictures Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:51 am

ultmetal wrote:
mlotek wrote:

I use Amazon a lot and never have any problems. The one item I ever received that was damaged, they had a new one to me in two days and didn't even wait for me to return the first item. Great service.

I mostly buy from Amazon and never had an issues except with a damaged Sepultura CD and they refuned my money and told me to keep the CD.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ozzy pictures   Help with Ozzy pictures Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 11:24 am

Hey Ult, have you ever considdered adding rock & metal-related book reviews to your website as well? Just wondering.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ozzy pictures   Help with Ozzy pictures Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 12:09 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Hey Ult, have you ever considdered adding rock & metal-related book reviews to your website as well? Just wondering.

Not a bad idea.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ozzy pictures   Help with Ozzy pictures Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 12:16 pm

Quote :
I mostly buy from Amazon and never had an issues except with a damaged Sepultura CD and they refuned my money and told me to keep the CD.
Quote :

Same here. I use Amazon more and more these days and the coupla times there was an issue (wrong/defective disc), the problem was resolved almost immediatly without a problem. Either a replacement was sent or money refunded.

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ozzy pictures   Help with Ozzy pictures Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with Ozzy pictures
Page 1 of 1