Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Having "a look" in metal.

Go down 
+36
Lurideath
sheets
jstate
manny
thejokeriv
Rex
CraiggyOats
EvyMetal
Gilbert
Troublezone
Stender
QuothTheRaven
Cognitive Dissonance
metalhead777
MetalFRO
krokus
metalinmyveins
Shawn Of Fire
metalheaded
Sole Survivor
Fat Freddy
James B.
The_Jayroh
TheGreatDuck
GrandNational
mc666
mlotek
Tur-Thalion
exact33
Temple of Blood
Wurthless
arachnoplasma
Alex Dee Rokket
DallasBlack
A Handful of Wayne
ultmetal
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Having "a look" in metal.  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having "a look" in metal.    Having "a look" in metal.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 1:08 am

They look like one of those hardcore bands that METAL HAMMER promotes.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Having "a look" in metal.    Having "a look" in metal.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 3:00 am

As well as a lot of others in this thread I could care less what bands look like. Actually I don't even know what half the people in the bands I listen to even look like.
Back to top Go down
CraiggyOats
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Having "a look" in metal.    Having "a look" in metal.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 3:28 am

TheGreatDuck wrote:
mc666 wrote:
i'm with exact & detuned on this. however, personally i'd rather see the geeky Weezer look, than the transvestite look of the 80's.

The "transvestite" thing of the '80s is kinda exaggerated, IMHO. Only a couple of bands, like Poison,Motley Crue, PBF, Tigertailz, VVI and Twisted Sister had it, with the latter looking clownish and parodic more than anything else.
Apart from those, I really like the look of '80s and early '90s hard rock and metal bands.
What is PBF?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Having "a look" in metal.    Having "a look" in metal.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 6:50 am

Pretty Boy Floyd

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Having "a look" in metal.    Having "a look" in metal.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:20 am

Maybe they wear glasses....to I dunno....SEE or something? Damn them for not wanting headaches and dizziness! Damn them all to hell!!!!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Having "a look" in metal.    Having "a look" in metal.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:28 am

Rex wrote:
Maybe they wear glasses....to I dunno....SEE or something? Damn them for not wanting headaches and dizziness! Damn them all to hell!!!!!

Contacts are more metal than glasses!
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Having "a look" in metal.    Having "a look" in metal.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:40 am

Maybe they don't like sticking their finger in their eye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN THEM!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Having "a look" in metal.    Having "a look" in metal.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:40 am

Rex wrote:

They could've at least picked out some nice looking frames. And what were the chances half the band needed them? Maybe they all met at a optometrist office.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Having "a look" in metal.    Having "a look" in metal.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:57 am

Troublezone wrote:
Rex wrote:

They could've at least picked out some nice looking frames. And what were the chances half the band needed them? Maybe they all met at a optometrist office.

According to this source, 75% of Americans need/wear some sort of vision correcting lens:

http://www.glassescrafter.com/information/percentage-population-wears-glasses.html

Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Having "a look" in metal.    Having "a look" in metal.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:07 am

Have you ever priced glasses and frames? They ain't cheap. Those ugly frames might have been cheaper and all they could afford.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Having "a look" in metal.    Having "a look" in metal.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:11 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Rex wrote:

According to this source, 75% of Americans need/wear some sort of vision correcting lens:

http://www.glassescrafter.com/information/percentage-population-wears-glasses.html

Wonder why I don't see more bands with all the members wearing them?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Having "a look" in metal.    Having "a look" in metal.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:12 am

Rex wrote:
Have you ever priced glasses and frames? They ain't cheap. Those ugly frames might have been cheaper and all they could afford.

Depends if they have optical insurance. I guess they don't...

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Having "a look" in metal.    Having "a look" in metal.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:13 am

Troublezone wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Rex wrote:

Because they think it looks uncool or not Metal...or they don't want to break them on stage.

I went to see Cage and Sean Peck (singer) was walking around the club wearing glasses...when he posed for a pic with my son, he took them off then put them back on after.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Having "a look" in metal.    Having "a look" in metal.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:16 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Rex wrote:

Because they think it looks uncool or not Metal...or they don't want to break them on stage.

I went to see Cage and Sean Peck (singer) was walking around the club wearing glasses...when he posed for a pic with my son, he took them off then put them back on after.

Damn them for wanting to go on stage without glasses and strain their eyes. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Having "a look" in metal.    Having "a look" in metal.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:21 am

Well, Peck wore shades...they may have been prescription? lol!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Having "a look" in metal.    Having "a look" in metal.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:23 am

Troublezone wrote:
Damn them for wanting to go on stage without glasses and strain their eyes. Laughing
Damn them all to hell!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Having "a look" in metal.    Having "a look" in metal.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:24 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Well, Peck wore shades...they may have been prescription? lol!

That's a great idea. He looks cool and can see! Laughing

They also have a thing called "transitions" that adjust to lighting.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Having "a look" in metal.    Having "a look" in metal.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:37 am

I could careless about image, when I was kid for some reason it mattered, now that I am close to a hundred I could care less.

I remember in the early 80's, vocalist Graham Bonnet would get alot of crap from fans because he did not have long hair, when he was member of Rainbow and Michael Schenker Group, and for some reason it used to bother me also, but then I was only 13, and while he did not look like a rock star, there was no mistaking the power of that voice.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Having "a look" in metal.    Having "a look" in metal.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:19 am

Rex wrote:

Doubtful. My 20 year old son doesn't need glasses at all, but sometimes wears these geek frames as part of his look. It drives my wife nuts. Haha! He also has gauges in his ears. He has several friends who have the exact same glasses, some who need them by prescription. Those big black frames are part of their "look". It has nothing to do with them being cheaper than wire frames, or contact lenses.

I was talking to one of his friends this weekend when we were grocery shopping. His gauges are currently about the size of a quarter. He told us he's trying to get his "gauges" up to four inches.

Look, I don't care what people look like. Dress how you want, wear the thickest black frames you can buy, stretch your earlobes out until you can put drink coasters in them. Fill your plastic pocket protector with a rainbow of pens. I don't really care. All I was saying was that it is so bizarre that the "geek look" of yesteryear has become the "in" look of today, especially in heavy music.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Having "a look" in metal.    Having "a look" in metal.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 11:16 am

My first thought looking at that band was they were going for the old Saturday Night Live "Sprockets" look. Then my second thought was man, am I old referencing a 20+ year old SNL skit. Clearly I'm well out of the demographic this band is targeting. More power to them if it is what their audience wants and they get to keep making music.

To me this "look" is just recycled from the nineties "alternative" scene which seemed born out of reaction to the "grunge look". The I'm serious and smart deal.

Hell give'em matching suits and they could be aping Buddy Holly. It is funny that these trends have now come to heavy music. My big question though is are these guys any good musically?
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Having "a look" in metal.    Having "a look" in metal.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 12:03 pm

I don't really care how a band looks. Sound beats everything. That said, the guys in that
picture look like they want to join the Borg Collective.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Having "a look" in metal.    Having "a look" in metal.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 12:17 pm

ultmetal wrote:
My 20 year old son doesn't need glasses at all, but sometimes wears these geek frames as part of his look. It drives my wife nuts. Haha!

Oh brother, wearing glasses sucks. I can't believe anyone would do it if they didn't have too. I hope that and the gravy boat dishes in the ear lobes fad goes away before my kids get old enough to want to do it.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Having "a look" in metal.    Having "a look" in metal.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 1:41 pm

That band is NOT metal!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Having "a look" in metal.    Having "a look" in metal.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 1:56 pm

Lurideath wrote:
That band is NOT metal!

Have you heard them? I've still not heard the CD but they are supposedly melodic death metal or some mixture of death metal and metalcore.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Having "a look" in metal.    Having "a look" in metal.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 1:56 pm

I think that look is stupid too, but I guess it's just a sign of the times. I don't get the stretched earlobe thing one bit. Just like the older generations before us that didn't get "greasers", "hippies", "long-hairs", "punks", etc.

Every new generation has to have their own defining look no matter how stupid it might appear to us older folks. Rebel against whatever is considdered the norm of the time.

When your dad is a long-haired leather-jacketed rocker (like Ult for instance), what better way to rebel than being a clean-cut, short-haired "nerd". Dad has earrings and tattoos? Well, I'm getting branded and stretching my earlobes.

Everyone has to take it one step further, no matter how stupid the end result.

PostSubject: Re: Having "a look" in metal.    Having "a look" in metal.  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Having "a look" in metal.
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next