Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project) Empty
PostSubject: Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project)   Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 3:11 pm

Walking With Kings is another Rich Ward project. In fact, it looks like the band consists of 3/4 Stuck Mojo and another singer on vocals. If I'm remembering correctly, this started with Rich producing an album for the singer, then it kind of morphed into a band thing as Rich brought in some old Sick Speed tunes and even some Stuck Mojo tracks and reworked them into a more melodic rock style.

So I guess it's a band now.

I really dig it! It definitely has that Sick Speed style, that modern sound but with a good dose of melodic rock. I could see Frontiers putting this out, you know.

Apparently they've reworked at least "Autumn Brings" and "Here I Stand" from Sick Speed's catalog. For reference:

And for those who don't know, Sick Speed was an old side-project Rich did at the end of the 90s/early 2000s—and they were great. Kind of like Stuck Mojo with a real singer. I wonder what the songs will sound like on this Walking With Kings album?

Anyway, I'm a big Rich Ward fan, so I look forward to anything he does. I honestly feel like Mojo has run its course a bit. The songwriting isn't as strong these days, but when he's doing music like Fozzy and Sick Speed he excels.

Looking forward to this album!
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project)   Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 4:02 pm

Love Sick Speed

Last edited by Rex on Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project)   Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 4:15 pm

Wooohooo! GO KINGS GO!

Oh wait...thought this was an NHL/LA Kings thread.

Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project) 706602

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project)   Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 4:34 pm

Official video.

Really dig this tune!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project)   Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 5:55 pm

New version of "Autumn Brings."

Quite different from the original. Chorus is the same, but the rest is pretty much new.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project)   Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 12:03 am

Welcome to the new age of music! =(

http://www.walkingwithkings.com/DownloadList.aspx

You can download this album for free. Donations accepted. I donated $10, felt that was about right.

A limited-edition CD version would have been nice, though.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project)   Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 12:28 pm

GREAT stuff, listening now. I posted on their facebook asking if it were be possible to get higher quality files with donations.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project)   Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 2:51 pm

Yeah, it's a solid album. I didn't expect a Christian album, though. At least, I'm assuming it's Christian. That stuff doesn't bother me of course, but it was a surprise.

Rich has left Adrenaline Mob, too.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project)   Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:19 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Yeah, it's a solid album. I didn't expect a Christian album, though. At least, I'm assuming it's Christian. That stuff doesn't bother me of course, but it was a surprise.

Not to me, I've known of Rich Ward's Christianity for many years. I think I read about it when him and Chris Jericho were interviewed around the time the first Fozzy album came out (Jericho is a Christian as well).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project)   Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 1:03 am

I knew he was Christian, but it's rarely come out in his music so strongly. Of course, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I knew long ago that the singer was doing a Christian album. Originally Rich was just producing, you know, and I'm pretty sure he mentioned it.

So much for producing. It largely sounds like a Rich Ward album, not a...what's-his-face album.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project)   Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 8:49 am

I just realized "Friends" was on Stuck Mojo's last album as well.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project)   Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 10:03 am

Hey Ken, contact Terry Chism at wwkmusic@gmail.com and he'll get you some better quality mp3s! I just had a nice email conversation with him. He's totally cool with it....even offered wav files if I wanted em. lol
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project)   Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 3:35 pm

Rex wrote:
I just realized "Friends" was on Stuck Mojo's last album as well.
Yeah, "Friends" has been around for a long time. There's an older demo out there with Bonz on vocals. An odd choice to use that song. Using Sick Speed stuff makes sense, as that band went virtually unknown, but using a Mojo song doesn't make sense to me.

There was also mention of Adrenaline Mob re-recording "Used to Be," from Rich's solo album, which was odd as well. I don't see it on the official tracklisting for the upcoming album, though, so maybe that was scrapped. Plus Rich is out of the band, so maybe it wasn't true, or maybe they changed the song a bit and re-named it. Who knows.

Thanks for the tip on the better-quality MP3s. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project)   Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walking With Kings (New Rich Ward Project)
Page 1 of 1