Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bill Ward - Ward One: ALong the Way (25 years Old)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

Bill Ward - Ward One: ALong the Way (25 years Old) Empty
PostSubject: Bill Ward - Ward One: ALong the Way (25 years Old)   Bill Ward - Ward One: ALong the Way (25 years Old) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 4:50 pm

I was reminded this weekend that the classic and first ever solo album from Bill Ward of Black Sabbath came out 25 years ago this weekend on January 10th. Also it was my daughters 25th birthday on January 8th. My daughter is the same exact age as this classic album! I had the privilege and honor to do an interview with Bill Ward when his limited edition 'Straws' single came out in 2002 for Thunderground Radio.

I thought I would share my Bill Ward collection here and also that interview as it is not online anymore. So up first is my CD collection of his solo work. Starting at the top and going left to right.

1. Bill Ward - When the Bough Breaks (Promo Copy with white cover)

2. Bill Ward - When the Bough Breaks (First pressing with roses on cover) There was another pressing with different artwork which pictures Bill Ward on the cover and has larger print inside as this one is very hard to read. I have not been able to find a copy of this version yet unfortunately.

3. Bill Ward - Ward One: Along the Way (this is his first solo album I was speaking of at the top celebrating it's 25th anniversary on January 10th, which also features 2 tracks with Ozzy) This was also pressed on vinyl and I never owned it! Although I finally found one at a good price and it is in route to me today

4. Chameleon Records - Promotional Sampler #1: Chameleon Colors (This was his label and this sampler featured the track 'Tall Stories' off of Ward One: Along the Way)

5. Bill Ward - Snakes and Ladders (Another super rare promotional radio single from the Ward One: Along the Way album)

6. Chameleon Records - Promotional Sampler #2: Chameleon One CD Sampler (This one features the track Bombers featuring Ozzy and the first single off of the Ward One: Along the Way album) This is on the bottom row and I have two copies of it so I am showing the front and back of this one.

SEPARATE PHOTOS

7. Bill Ward - Straws (This is a special limited edition single from Bill Ward. Only 2200 were made. The first 1000 were given to his close friends, family and used for radio and magazine promotion) The last 1200 were signed and numbered by Bill mine is # 494 and you can read more in the photo about it if you like.

SEPARATE PHOTOS

8. The next 3 photos are copies of the actual interview I conducted with Bill Ward through email that was posted on Thunderground Radio. I am a huge fan of his and it was honor to get to talk to him even if just through email!

Bill Ward wrote and fully recorded one more album entitled 'Beyond Aston' which was 17 tracks long and it was recorded in 1996 during or right thereafter the recording of 'When the bough breaks'

Here's to hoping we get to see Bill on what looks like to be the final Black Sabbath album and tour in 2015/2016!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bill Ward - Ward One: ALong the Way (25 years Old)   Bill Ward - Ward One: ALong the Way (25 years Old) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 6:38 pm

Very cool, I only own one Bill Ward solo album which is 'Ward One' which sounded more Pink Floyd then Black Sabbath. A great album that took me a few spins to actually appreciate
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Bill Ward - Ward One: ALong the Way (25 years Old)   Bill Ward - Ward One: ALong the Way (25 years Old) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 11:11 pm

Had not realized Bill Ward had that many albums.
Besides that last-almsot-reunion of Black Sabbath and them not using Bill,
learned about a recently released album+project he was once in called THE MEZMERIST.

That "Ward One" Lp was pretty good, have not heard it in years.
I don't think "Bombers (Can Open Bomb Bays)" was even played on the radio even once in Toronto when released,
and everybody into hard rock/metal there likes or loves Ozzy and Black Sabbath.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bill Ward - Ward One: ALong the Way (25 years Old)   Bill Ward - Ward One: ALong the Way (25 years Old) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bill Ward - Ward One: ALong the Way (25 years Old)
Page 1 of 1