Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated

Go down 
+3
Eyesore
mlotek
stormspell
7 posters
AuthorMessage
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated Empty
PostSubject: RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated   RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 11:33 pm

First 3 volumes of our RWH arcane demo collector series coming out on November 1st 2011:

Volume 1: AERIAN RAGE - Fist of Steel CD
Classic US heavy/power metal from South California. This is compilation of all demos recorded between 1983 to 1985, which should appeal to fans of Ruthless, Thrust, early Leatherwolf, Omen, Dark Age, Shok Paris, etc.

Volume 2: BATTLECRY - Cry of the Warrior CD
The cult 1985 demo by the Belgian metal masters. For fans of Crossfire, Killer, Ostrogoth, etc.

Volume 3: MAX PLĂ„NCK - Kill The Pain CD
Arcane true underground demo monster from 1985. Trully one of a kind for fans of Manilla Road, Cirith Ungol, early Scorpions, etc.

All volumes limited to 500 hand-numbered copies, with custom cover artwork and classic oldschool red-white-black booklet layouts.

RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated RWH-web
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated   RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:38 am

RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated 25679

I will be buying all three. I remember downloading stuff of them all and liking it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated   RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:44 am

Hey, Iordan. Have you ever thought about doing a kind of subscription club? I've always wished a label would do this. Like Frontiers Records, for instance. They put out like three albums a month. I'd love to pay like $10 a release as part of a subscription program with them.

I know a lot of publishers do similar things. Like Delirium Books has a novella club. They put out two novellas a month. They're hardcover, limited to 150, signed by the author. The cost is $20 a pop. It's a really cool, popular thing.

I wish labels did it.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated   RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:57 am

You mean to give a discount if you commit to buy all my releases? I can do that, but since my releases span from melodic hard-rock to blackened thrash, very few people tend to be interested in them all and I never though such idea would be of much interest...

Buying a hardcover edition, limited to 150, signed by the author for $20 sounds like mega-killer deal! I'm hoping to pick the limited subterraneanpress "Dance with Dragons", which is limited to 448 copies and costs $275 plus $20 shipping... maybe I should just save my buck and go for the exclusive hardcover box-set Amazon started to pre-order (first 4 volumes for $87, free super saver shipping).
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated   RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 1:20 am

Yeah, maybe your label wouldn't be ideal for that, but for the right label it's a solid system to work from, I think.

And I hear ya on that Dance limited, but it's waaaaaay out of my price range. Haha. I typically don't do the limited edition thing because the books are too expensive. I'll splurge for a friend, you know, but that's different. If it's just an author I dig, I rarely can justify spending that kind of cash on one book, you know.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated   RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 1:30 am

I seldom allow myself to buy limited books - there are so many I want I'll be eternally broke, haha! However, I've been obsessed with Ice & Fire and the subterranean edition appealed to me very strongly. Regardless, I'll probably go with Amazon's box-set. It looks awesome (although I hate it when they use props from the HBO series for cover artwork.

RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated 51ypCAPqFuL._SL500_AA300_
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated   RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 1:55 am

Yeah, it does look awesome. But what about the next four? Will they create another box that matches? My OCD would be pissed if they didn't. Haha.

I did order Subterranean's limited edition of Terry Brooks's Indomitable novella. Paid for it in April, it was supposed to come out this month. Apparently, though, it's been postponed until next summer. And not a goddamn word was said about it from Subterranean!

I don't care that Del Ray didn't want a novella coming out so close to the release of the latest Brooks novel (which is dumb in and of itself because Indomitable was released years ago and this is a new limited edition so there's no competition), but Subterranean should have told those who'd preordered it that it was now delayed. If they'd been upfront, I'd be cool with the delay, but they said nothing which is annoying as hell.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated   RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 7:30 pm

A quick update on the RWH front: next batch is almost ready to go to pressing:

RWH Vol.4: COLDSTEEL - 20 Years of NY Thrash: The Demo Anthology CD
RWH Vol.5: RESTLESS BREED - No Walls Can Hold: the Demo Anthology CD
RWH Vol.6: ASSASSIN / DEADLY ASSASSIN - The Metal Knights CD
RWH Vol.7: DETEST - Thundersteel: Complete Demo Anthology 2CD Set
RWH Vol.8: ARACHNID - Arachnid CD
RWH Vol.9: ISCARIOT - Arisen CD

Layouts for the Volumes 4-6 are done (as seen below), the rest are in progress. Hope to wrap them all by the end of the week and send to pressing in early September.

RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated RWH_Coldsteel

RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated RWH_RestlessBreed

RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated RWH_Deadly_Assassin

Last edited by stormspell on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated   RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 7:49 pm

Killer!
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated   RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 1:09 am

Dang, I see a lot of my future cash flow making it's way towards you and the label.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated   RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 11:42 pm

RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated 578368_464710263550877_293815624_n
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated   RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 1:00 am

Looks sharp. Now get them out Smile .
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated   RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 3:51 am

Almost there...

RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated 381063_464753490213221_2085725469_n
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated   RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 6:41 pm

Havent posted update in a while. We are down to the last available slot of the RWH series. As always nothing is written in stone and until I have all materials requiterd for the cd production nothing is certain, but tentatively speaking here's how the reminging volumes are shaping to look like:

Vol.09: STRYCTNYNE - Demo Anthology CD (True heavy metal for Manowar fans)

Vol.10: SHADOWCAST - Demo Anthology CD (Classic power metal with progressive influences for fans of Crimson Glory and early Queensryche)

Vol.11: REGIME - Demo Anthology CD Killer power prog from Texas for fans of classic era Fates Warning and Crimson Glory

Vol.12: CAPTAIN TRIPS - The Dance of Untruth CD (Speed/thrash from Down Under)

Vol.13: CHALICE - One Final Sin: Demos and rarities CD Uber-arcane classic metal for fans of Omen, Dio, Tyrant (US)

Vol 14: DISCIPLE - Demo Anthology CD (Bay Area heavy/power metal featuring Rellik, Rapid Fire, Hellhound members)

Vol 15: ?
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated   RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 6:44 pm

Preview of REGIME's artwork (not final yet):

RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated REGIME

Audio samples:

Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated   RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 1:19 pm

Really like that Disciple track. Can't wait to hear the whole release.
Shadowcast does not sound too shabby either. headbanger

And that artwork looks great. Reminds me of the drawings of an old high school buddy way back when.
Back to top Go down
SwordsChains
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 93

PostSubject: Re: RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated   RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 1:31 pm

Awesome as Always
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/swordsandchains
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated   RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 3:31 pm

Disciple sounds like Recon!! Love it!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated   RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 11:24 pm

I'm glad you guys like it. The artwork above is just a random placeholder. We'll have a custom drawn art for both releases as usual. I haven't discussed yet the concepts, but if it is up to me the DISCIPLE art will be epic and similar to the sample above.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated   RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 4:30 pm

I am really excited to get the new Rocka Rollas and Air Raid!!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated   RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RED, WHITE, and HEAVY - arcane collector series for the initiated
Page 1 of 1