Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Plane carrying a hockey team crashes, everyone dies

Go down 
+4
Troublezone
exact33
Eyesore
Lari
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6335

Plane carrying a hockey team crashes, everyone dies Empty
PostSubject: Plane carrying a hockey team crashes, everyone dies   Plane carrying a hockey team crashes, everyone dies Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 7:08 pm

Worst nightmares come true as Russian league team Yaroslav Lokomotiv crashes. Every roster player plus head coach and two assistant coaches and four junior team players all dead.

EDIT: one player survived, but with 90% burns, likely not making it.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/SPORT/09/07/nhl.plane.crash/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Must be the worst offseason ever. Terrible loss for hockey. Plenty of former NHL players. Pavol Demitra, Brad McCrimmon, Ruslan Salei, Karlis Skrastins, Josef Vasicek...

As a Blackhawks fan I have to especially note Alex "Potsie" Karpovtsev and Igor Korolev. Never my favourites when they played in Chicago ("gutless lazy underachievers" was probably the term I most used to describe them ten years ago), but clearly both loved hockey evidenced by the fact they moved on to coaching after retirement. Even after making millions in the NHL as players. They were hockey guys till the end. Rest in peace, boys.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Plane carrying a hockey team crashes, everyone dies   Plane carrying a hockey team crashes, everyone dies Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 8:05 pm

"You know Keith, I've always wondered, with all these ball clubs flying around all season don't you think there would be a plane crash? But if you think about it...26 teams, 162 games a season, you'd think eventually an entire team would get wiped out." —George Costanza
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Plane carrying a hockey team crashes, everyone dies   Plane carrying a hockey team crashes, everyone dies Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 9:22 pm

Its a shame indeed. RIP. Brad McCrimmon was a former Flyer.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Plane carrying a hockey team crashes, everyone dies   Plane carrying a hockey team crashes, everyone dies Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 9:55 pm

That's tragic...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Plane carrying a hockey team crashes, everyone dies   Plane carrying a hockey team crashes, everyone dies Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 10:32 am

exact33 wrote:
Its a shame indeed. RIP. Brad McCrimmon was a former Flyer.

Yea, I heard that on the news last night. Sad new indeed.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Plane carrying a hockey team crashes, everyone dies   Plane carrying a hockey team crashes, everyone dies Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:54 pm

whole country is crying for PAVOL DEMITRA !
R.I.P. Pavol we loved you, you did a great job for our country, saying prayers and we are with your family in our hearts.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Plane carrying a hockey team crashes, everyone dies   Plane carrying a hockey team crashes, everyone dies Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:57 pm

Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Plane carrying a hockey team crashes, everyone dies   Plane carrying a hockey team crashes, everyone dies Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 6:19 pm

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: Plane carrying a hockey team crashes, everyone dies   Plane carrying a hockey team crashes, everyone dies Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 9:27 pm

The one hockey player who initially survived has died.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plane carrying a hockey team crashes, everyone dies   Plane carrying a hockey team crashes, everyone dies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Plane carrying a hockey team crashes, everyone dies
Page 1 of 1