Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix!

Go down 
+8
nevermore
Big Rich
MetalGuy71
Lari
exact33
Required Fields
jettafiend
ultmetal
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix! Empty
PostSubject: Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix!   Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 6:37 pm

NHL makes 50-50 revenue split offer

Bettman said that the offer, which splits hockey-related revenue at 50-50, is contingent upon a full season being played and suggested that the season could begin Nov. 2. He also said the League is not asking for salary rollbacks from the players. "We're focused on getting the season started on Nov. 2. That's what this offer was about."

The NHLPA is expected to address the proposal soon.

Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix! 706602

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix!   Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 6:57 pm

One extra game per 5 week period with finals to wrap in June means only 2 months between Hockey and Football!! I hope that the puck drops Nov 2 and we can get on with it.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=643558&cmpid=twt
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix!   Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 7:11 pm

I hope they reach an agreement soon.

On a side note, anyone see this yet? Funny stuff:

Down Goes Brown lockout song
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix!   Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 7:13 pm

i hope they get it fixed soon. Need hockey!!!

jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix!   Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 7:23 pm

Required Fields wrote:
I hope they reach an agreement soon.

On a side note, anyone see this yet? Funny stuff:

Down Goes Brown lockout song

thats pretty funny!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix!   Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 9:16 pm

I can't believe it took them this long to arrive at 50/50.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix!   Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 10:26 am

The general feeling/rumor is that they'll get something hammered out before the new year if not sooner. The NHL, owners and players don't want to lose the Winter Classic. It's been a huge ratings and money making monster for them all around.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 675

PostSubject: Re: Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix!   Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 11:32 am

You people are giving these people too much credit. Nothing has been agreed to.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix!   Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 11:36 am

Big Rich wrote:

No, but at least each side is making proposals and looking at them. Up to this point, neither side was willing to budge. Now they might be. It's still a long way to go, but it's a start.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix!   Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 12:47 pm

Looking forward to both sides getting this resolved and starting the season.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix!   Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 12:54 pm

Just settle already. I'm kind of tired of millionaires fighting.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix!   Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 5:12 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Big Rich wrote:

No, but at least each side is making proposals and looking at them. Up to this point, neither side was willing to budge. Now they might be. It's still a long way to go, but it's a start.

Congress makes proposals and grandstands too. I will believe when i see it. Rich people suck.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix!   Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 5:37 pm

Well, they gotta start somewhere. This proposal is a step in the right direction.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix!   Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 6:11 pm

Good - I can't wait for the Caps to get my hopes up that they will get into finals this year...only to be let down in the first round when they lose like they always do
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix!   Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 6:37 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Well, they gotta start somewhere. This proposal is a step in the right direction.

Sure, but don't act like the ones who ain't buying it are wrong. they did this for the whole season last time and never played.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix!   Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 6:41 pm

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/bob_mckenzie/?id=407542
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix!   Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 8:19 pm

Big Rich wrote:
http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/bob_mckenzie/?id=407542

For some reason I was expecting this guy..........
Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix! Bobmckenzie
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix!   Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 1:41 am

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=643570

Looks like it might be an 82 game season after all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix!   Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 9:59 am

Big Rich wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Sure, but don't act like the ones who ain't buying it are wrong. they did this for the whole season last time and never played.

I'm not really taking sides either way. I'm not following the situation close enough to know whose right or wrong in this instance. I'm not even that big of a fan to be honest. But it does effect my livelyhood, so I just want things settled so things can get back to normal at work.

So until Bettman remembers where he stashed his magic lamp and he can make his genie blink this all away, this will have to do.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix!   Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 12:28 pm

Looks like you may have to curb your enthusiasm for a while longer.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/8515941/donald-fehr-questions-nhl-offer-letter-players
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix!   Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 12:32 pm

So this is all about Metalguy? Shocked Bettman visit Philly and you piss him off somehow?Cool
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix!   Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 12:39 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Big Rich wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I'm not really taking sides either way. I'm not following the situation close enough to know whose right or wrong in this instance. I'm not even that big of a fan to be honest. But it does effect my livelyhood, so I just want things settled so things can get back to normal at work.

So until Bettman remembers where he stashed his magic lamp and he can make his genie blink this all away, this will have to do.

There are no sides, imo. They're all greedy SObs. And hurt the pockets of many regular folks while they argue about who gets more millions.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix!   Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 12:42 pm

007 wrote:
Looks like you may have to curb your enthusiasm for a while longer.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/8515941/donald-fehr-questions-nhl-offer-letter-players

Back to the drawing board I guess.

Dark Horseman wrote:
So this is all about Metalguy? Shocked Bettman visit Philly and you piss him off somehow?Cool

It's ALWAYS about me. Everything. Always. Remember that. If I ain't happy, nobody's happy. Wink

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix!   Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 12:43 pm

Big Rich wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Big Rich wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

There are no sides, imo. They're all greedy SObs. And hurt the pockets of many regular folks while they argue about who gets more millions.

This we can agree on.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix!   Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 7:49 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Big Rich wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Big Rich wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

This we can agree on.

absolutely. as much as I miss the games, I dont feel an ounce of sorrow for either side.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix!   Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Woooohoooo! I need my hockey fix!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: