Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HARDCORE SUPERSTAR To Release Best Of Collection Featuring New Song

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

HARDCORE SUPERSTAR To Release Best Of Collection Featuring New Song Empty
PostSubject: HARDCORE SUPERSTAR To Release Best Of Collection Featuring New Song   HARDCORE SUPERSTAR To Release Best Of Collection Featuring New Song Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 1:55 pm

from bravewords:

After seven records and seven world tours, Sweden's HARDCORE SUPERSTAR are celebrating 10 years with a best of album, The Party Ain't Over 'Til We Say So, on October 26th.

The album contains songs from all the records that the band released between 2000 – 2010 and the newly written song, 'We Don't Need A Cure'. Further details to follow.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: HARDCORE SUPERSTAR To Release Best Of Collection Featuring New Song   HARDCORE SUPERSTAR To Release Best Of Collection Featuring New Song Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 2:18 pm

Even though I have them all I will still be picking this one up.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: HARDCORE SUPERSTAR To Release Best Of Collection Featuring New Song   HARDCORE SUPERSTAR To Release Best Of Collection Featuring New Song Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 2:30 pm

I've been slow in gathering up any HS. And by slow, I mean I have 1 disc. So this will be right up my alley.

I like Best of's just for that purpose. Give me a taste of everything and decide if I want more.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: HARDCORE SUPERSTAR To Release Best Of Collection Featuring New Song   HARDCORE SUPERSTAR To Release Best Of Collection Featuring New Song Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 6:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I've been slow in gathering up any HS. And by slow, I mean I have 1 disc. So this will be right up my alley.

I like Best of's just for that purpose. Give me a taste of everything and decide if I want more.

they are worth it - especially the S/T, Dreamin in a Casket and Beg for It. The new one is so-so.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: HARDCORE SUPERSTAR To Release Best Of Collection Featuring New Song   HARDCORE SUPERSTAR To Release Best Of Collection Featuring New Song Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 6:17 pm

exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

they are worth it - especially the S/T, Dreamin in a Casket and Beg for It. The new one is so-so.
I actually enjoy some of their older material too because it's got more of a punky vibe.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: HARDCORE SUPERSTAR To Release Best Of Collection Featuring New Song   HARDCORE SUPERSTAR To Release Best Of Collection Featuring New Song Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 6:21 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I actually enjoy some of their older material too because it's got more of a punky vibe.

I like No Regrets the best of their pre-S/T material.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: HARDCORE SUPERSTAR To Release Best Of Collection Featuring New Song   HARDCORE SUPERSTAR To Release Best Of Collection Featuring New Song Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 6:26 pm

My first HS disc was Bad Sneakers and a Pina Colada which is really quite punky; much closer to Backyard Babies than the glam/metal they play now.

Since The King ditched Backyard Babies, I can understand why that album isn't one of your favorites but I'd rank it ahead of their last one.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: HARDCORE SUPERSTAR To Release Best Of Collection Featuring New Song   HARDCORE SUPERSTAR To Release Best Of Collection Featuring New Song Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 7:01 pm

yeah, the last one had some good songs but was a lot of filler.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: HARDCORE SUPERSTAR To Release Best Of Collection Featuring New Song   HARDCORE SUPERSTAR To Release Best Of Collection Featuring New Song Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 10:19 pm

Yea, I've liked what I've heard, I just haven't gotten around to getting any of their other releases.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: HARDCORE SUPERSTAR To Release Best Of Collection Featuring New Song   HARDCORE SUPERSTAR To Release Best Of Collection Featuring New Song Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 2:14 pm

My copy arrived today. Cool tunes. I think I like these guys. Now stand by for the rant...

***Here we go***

The packaging is severly lacking. Considdering it's a "best of" compilation and for some people, like me, an introduction to the band and their music, some band and song info would be helpful, you twats.

~No listing of band members, past or present. No idea who they are.

~No liner notes about the songs. A brief production note about the new song (who cares), but nothing about who wrote what or what albums the songs are from.

~No discography or band timeline. A brief history or liner notes from a fan maybe? Nope. Nothing.

The insert folds out to a bigger pic of the cover, the torso of a girl (I think I see some boobage) in a leather jacket and backstage pass. And flip it over for a live pic of the band onstage somewhere. And even that shot is 4 guys standing together without their instruments. I have no idea who the singer is, guitar, bass, etc.

It sounds petty and stupid, but some more info about the band and discography could've gone a long goddamn way. Sure, I can go online and find out the info, but come on. I could just as easily gone online and stole the album too. Ok maybe not. Sorry, Megaupload. But regardless, wether it's the band or the record label that's behind this, show a little f**king effort for the folks that are actually buying your cds in this day and age.

***End Rant***

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: HARDCORE SUPERSTAR To Release Best Of Collection Featuring New Song   HARDCORE SUPERSTAR To Release Best Of Collection Featuring New Song Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 3:47 pm

exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I've kind of felt that way about all their albums except the self-titled. They're good, but self-titled just blows the others away. And I started with that one, so it's tough to be impressed by the others.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: HARDCORE SUPERSTAR To Release Best Of Collection Featuring New Song   HARDCORE SUPERSTAR To Release Best Of Collection Featuring New Song Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
My copy arrived today. Cool tunes. I think I like these guys. Now stand by for the rant...

***Here we go***

The packaging is severly lacking. Considdering it's a "best of" compilation and for some people, like me, an introduction to the band and their music, some band and song info would be helpful, you twats.

~No listing of band members, past or present. No idea who they are.

~No liner notes about the songs. A brief production note about the new song (who cares), but nothing about who wrote what or what albums the songs are from.

~No discography or band timeline. A brief history or liner notes from a fan maybe? Nope. Nothing.

The insert folds out to a bigger pic of the cover, the torso of a girl (I think I see some boobage) in a leather jacket and backstage pass. And flip it over for a live pic of the band onstage somewhere. And even that shot is 4 guys standing together without their instruments. I have no idea who the singer is, guitar, bass, etc.

It sounds petty and stupid, but some more info about the band and discography could've gone a long goddamn way. Sure, I can go online and find out the info, but come on. I could just as easily gone online and stole the album too. Ok maybe not. Sorry, Megaupload. But regardless, wether it's the band or the record label that's behind this, show a little f**king effort for the folks that are actually buying your cds in this day and age.

***End Rant***

Yeah, I agree that the packaging on that collection is freakin' pathetic! It's especially always been a pet peeve of mine when a band invests in a glossy insert that only folds out into a picture of the band or the cover art or something lame like that.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: HARDCORE SUPERSTAR To Release Best Of Collection Featuring New Song   HARDCORE SUPERSTAR To Release Best Of Collection Featuring New Song Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 8:16 pm

Sounds cool. I may check this out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HARDCORE SUPERSTAR To Release Best Of Collection Featuring New Song   HARDCORE SUPERSTAR To Release Best Of Collection Featuring New Song Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HARDCORE SUPERSTAR To Release Best Of Collection Featuring New Song
Page 1 of 1