Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!

Go down 
+22
CraiggyOats
Gilbert
Joe
krokus
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
Mglaffas81
Alex Dee Rokket
The_Jayroh
Required Fields
mc666
Schbopo
Nico
arachnoplasma
Spiner202
MetalGuy71
Cognitive Dissonance
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 7:39 am

Reign in Blood was the first Slayer record I ever bought. I don't think it's their best but, as an all out thrash attack, I can see why people love it. It's a good record.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 9:31 am

I believe Reign in Blood was my introduction to Slayer as well, so it's always gonna hold a special place in my blackened heart.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 9:37 am

Geez, was it really 25 years ago already? Damn. I'm old.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 12:18 pm

I'm listening to Reign in Blood right now in honor of the 25th anniversary of its release. Classic album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 2:44 pm

While not my favourite album (though it is #2), Reign in Blood is probably the single greatest album ever made. I can't really think of anything I'd change about it. Perfect in every way!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 5:20 pm

Spiner202 wrote:
While not my favourite album (though it is #2), Reign in Blood is probably the single greatest album ever made. I can't really think of anything I'd change about it. Perfect in every way!

What is #1? Just wondering.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 7:54 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Spiner202 wrote:

What is #1? Just wondering.

My favourite album ever is Kill 'em All. I'm not even really sure why. It's probably some combination of the fact that Thrash is my favourite subgenre and that Metallica was the band that got me into Metal (and for a long time, my favourite band). I think it's fair to say that since Kill 'em All was the birth of the genre, it wasn't quite perfect, and that's why I'd consider Reign in Blood better, despite not actually preferring it.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 1:01 am

yes,also for me it is either Kill Em All or Killing Is My Business... depends on the mood/ situation

If you are working out, doing manual labour, even housework or yardwork, Kill Em All is a motivator like AC/DC's back In black LP

but RIB or KIMB are albums to just get nuts to
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 9:17 am

I was diggin on Slayer alot when they first hit the scene in El Lay. If I remember, "Hell Awaits" was the last thing I bought. I still enjoy listening and even liked what I've heard over the years.

I have a friend who offes me crazy money for my "Haunting..." and "Live Undead" vinys.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 1:39 pm

Not a fan of World Painted Blood at all. I think its their 2nd worst. Give me the 1st 5 releases any day!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 3:25 pm

The only Slayer albums I'm not crazy about are "Divine Intervention" and "God Hates Us All", aside from those I dig the rest.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 7:50 pm

i love em all.

Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 8:06 pm

I wonder if Hanneman will return to Slayer any time soon or at all. He has been out of action for about a year I believe. His role as of late has been filled by Gary Holt, and I very much doubt he would join Slayer on a permanent or long time basis.

Is Hanneman out because of his medical condition or do you think there is more to it - maybe he does want to tour anymore.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 9:54 pm

I don't like GHUA or HtC. Enjoy the rest, although RiB is way overrated.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:36 pm

Quote :
Is Hanneman out because of his medical condition or do you think there is more to it - maybe he does want to tour anymore.

Yes he got bit by a brown recluse spider and it ate away at his flesh on his arm. He'll be back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: