Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!

Go down 
+22
CraiggyOats
Gilbert
Joe
krokus
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
Mglaffas81
Alex Dee Rokket
The_Jayroh
Required Fields
mc666
Schbopo
Nico
arachnoplasma
Spiner202
MetalGuy71
Cognitive Dissonance
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 11:33 am

I know Slayer are capable of writing memorable songs, they are just few and far between- I like quite a lot of Slayer's songs, I just don't think the term "catchy" is the right way to describe them.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 11:33 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

Slayer write catchy songs?

Absolutely.

Sure they do. I can't even think of the "World Painted Blood" without hearing Kerry King's voice echo through my head singing that chorus.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 12:57 pm

I still have to pick this one up. For some reason it totally slipped under the radar for me.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 1:03 pm

^Going back to our earlier discussion, ultmetal, that song is tolerable as well. I also like the first couple of minutes of "Not of This God" as well but then it gets all mallcore after a couple of minutes. Besides the two singles that I mentioned earlier, the rest of the album doesn't do it for me. I listened to it and decided it was not worth buying. "Americon", for instance, is easily one of my least favorite Slayer songs.

Schbopo wrote:
People who don't like it didn't seem to understand one very important fact about Slayer: Everything they've ever made sounds exactly the same.

Not true at all. There are plenty of differences between most of their albums. Besides, they weren't playing any mallcore music during their first "decade of aggression". Razz
Back to top Go down
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 2:55 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

Slayer write catchy songs?

Absolutely.

Sure they do. I can't even think of the "World Painted Blood" without hearing Kerry King's voice echo through my head singing that chorus.

Kerry King sang?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 2:57 pm

you know he meant Tom, c'mon.

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 3:33 pm

I can see Kerry King writing those words, certainly.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 6:19 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I can see Kerry King writing those words, certainly.

lol! - King is a lyrical genius!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 7:25 pm

He's got Hetfield beat lately.

The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 1:18 am

mc666 wrote:
you know he meant Tom, c'mon.

Yes, I know Razz sarcasm don't always travel well.....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 3:08 am

thejokeriv wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 2 Cover
World Painted Blood

Why do people dislike this album? It kicks butt! headbanger

No idea - AWESOME album!!!!! Best album since Seasons!!!!!

I agree 10000000%
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 11:50 am

Speaking of SLAYER:

SLAYER's official webstore is offering SLAYER custom condoms for "when you're going 'South Of Heaven.'" Each SLAYER custom condom "matchbook" holds one Durex latex condom. It is available as a three-pack or six-pack.

For more information and to place your order, go to this location.

Durex condoms continue to be one of the top condom brands. Endless dedication to research and development, all the time striving for better and safer sex and the constant discovery of new latex formulas and polymer materials makes Durex one of the most requested condom brands of all time. All Durex condoms are FDA-approved and effective against sexually transmitted disease and pregnancy.

SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 2 Slayer10
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 12:16 pm

Look out Gene Simmons ...
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 12:50 pm

That is unbelievably stupid!! Rolling Eyes blech
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 10:37 pm

All you guys with your battle jackets take note. That would be the perfect accessory to put in the pocket. Razz
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 11:00 pm

Yeah, these guys aren't all about the money ...
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 2:17 am

I guess it's wise to use protection even when defiling corpses... Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 2:22 am

The title track World Painted Blood is a classic song, one of the best they've written in years.

Slayer is one of the few constants for me over the years, even during the long stretches where I didn't listen to metal, I still found time to play some Slayer.

Also, to me at least, their material doesn't date. Listening to a record like South Of Heaven or Hell Awaits I still get that same vibe I always did...I can't say the same for many other albums from the 80's (like say Master of Puppets or Among The Living, which have lost their lustre to me over the years).

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 10:27 am

"Among the Living" has lost the most appeal to me of any album probably. I used to love that one.

Last edited by Temple of Blood on Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 10:50 am

arachnoplasma wrote:
I guess it's wise to use protection even when defiling corpses... Laughing

SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 2 647664
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 1:05 am

I don't really find Slayer's songs to be that memorable.

Still, if you need your dose of thrash, i think world painted blood is awesome headbanger
Back to top Go down
CraiggyOats
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 4:35 am

I was looking for the Slayer condom on Slayer.net to see if it actually existed for a good laugh. Couldn't find it. I did see a Slayer g-string though...I guess Gene Simmons is offering managerial services.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 6:50 am

go on rockabila.com. Slayer, Megadeth, Metallica, Anthrax, & a lot of other big bands have silly merchandise. none deserve a Kiss comparison.

arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 6:48 am

SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 2 51jdxFyBoiL._SS500_

And so... Reign in Blood turns 25 today. Thoughts? Recollections? Best album everrrrrr? Classic? Overrated? Masterpiece? Boring?

While it isn't my personal favorite Slayer album (that's probably somewhere between Show No Mercy, Hell Awaits and South of Heaven), it was the first album I ever heard and it blew me away at the time, and certainly opened the door for me to get into more extreme music. I was already very familiar with Metallica, Megadeth and Anthrax, but Reign in Blood was something very different.

Just thought it might've been worth acknowledging considering its status as a classic and an album journalists like to name-drop for credibility, and because it tends to be a favorite of a lot of fans. Likewise, it also has its share of detractors. Either way, I plan on giving it a well-deserved spin later today. headbanger
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 7:32 am

I couldn't WAIT for RIB to be released even though I had all the songs taped off the radio from the previous 5 months. That vinyl was on repeat for probably one year, much more than any others.

Due to that, I eventually got burnt out on it.
After months of us looking for the same kind of thrash metal, maybe that's why Sacred Reich might have gotten as popular as they did, they filled the void.

South of Heaven was released at just the right time to push Slayer up a notch as they were in the well known metal mags on the corner milk store stands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!   SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SLAAAYYYYYYEERRRRR!!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: