Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE

Go down 
+4
stormspell
mc666
kmorg
Fat Freddy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE Empty
PostSubject: Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE   Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 1:03 pm

Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE Sgcd2zn9

Hey fellow Jersey natives (Ult, mc666)...ever heard of this band/album? I didn't till a couple of hours ago when I came across this CD (CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE) at a church flea market, of all places.

I did some Metal Archives research and it seems that Slaughtered Grace hailed from Lodi NJ, home of the Misfits, and I guess they were buddies. S.G. originally released CALL THIS PLANET... as a demo tape in 1989, then it was pressed to CD in 1990 by Cyclopean Music (the Misfits' record label at the time).

Their only release after this was a single called "Terror Unleashed," then the band members formed Sardonica (them I have heard of), who've also been associated with the Misfits for years (opening shows for them, releasing stuff on the Misfits' label, etc.)

Haven't had a chance to listen to the whole disc yet but it seems like pretty decent (if a bit generic) thrash, with punk-ish vocals. Speaking of Generic, look at that album cover. Haha. Looks like a photo of one of the oil refineries along the NJ turnpike with a kids' drawing of Satan superimposed on it.

Samples:

Seven tracks of thrashin' fury with a run time of less than twenty minutes. Not a bad find for two bucks, I guess....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE   Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 4:51 am

Ah, the mighty NJ slaughtered GRACE... I have the vinyls of trOO arcane steeeeeeeleeeee!!

(or not)

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE   Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 6:06 am

i had this on cassette years ago. i remember that silly looking DIY cover, but couldn't recall the music until i listened to these samples. i kinda miss those old cassette days sometimes.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE   Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 9:59 am

kmorg wrote:
Ah, the mighty NJ slaughtered GRACE... I have the vinyls of trOO arcane steeeeeeeleeeee!!

(or not)

That's tr00 arcane GARDEN STATE steele to you, bub! Very Happy

mc666 wrote:
i had this on cassette years ago. i remember that silly looking DIY cover, but couldn't recall the music until i listened to these samples. i kinda miss those old cassette days sometimes.

Cool, man. Yesterday I asked my brother if he'd ever heard of the band, and he was pretty sure he saw them open for somebody or other back in the day, he just couldn't remember who. He sez that for a while they were "that band," i.e. the local thrashers that would open for every national thrash act that came thru the area.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE   Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 11:53 pm

Sounds like poor man's Acid Reign to me Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE   Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 8:46 am

stormspell wrote:
Sounds like poor man's Acid Reign to me Smile

I've never heard Acid Reign but I'll take your word for it. Very Happy

Finally listened to this disc in its entirety aaaaand... meh. It may be a tr00 Arcane Garden State Steele collector's item/conversation piece but I doubt it's going to come off the shelf very often.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE   Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 10:42 am

Never heard of them but there was a lot of bands coming out of Jersey & NYC during the 80's when I lived there.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE   Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 11:44 am

Holy moo cows! Looks like I got a hell of a deal when I paid only two bucks for this CD a couple of years ago... Shocked

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SLAUGHTERED-GRACE-Call-This-Planet-CD-1989-MEGA-RARE-OOP-THRASH-ORIG-1st-PRESS-/291355393013

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE   Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 11:55 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Holy moo cows! Looks like I got a hell of a deal when I paid only two bucks for this CD a couple of years ago...  Shocked

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SLAUGHTERED-GRACE-Call-This-Planet-CD-1989-MEGA-RARE-OOP-THRASH-ORIG-1st-PRESS-/291355393013

I assume $2 is an insane price for this no matter what, but as for what the dude has listed as his buy-it-now price...I'd like to see what it actually got bid up to if he had listed it as an auction, with an opening bid of like $5 or something. That's really how to determine it's worth. So many times you see someone trying to sell their rare CDs for a fixed price on ebay, Amazon or discogs of $100 or $200 or more, but then you watch an actual auction for the same CD when it pops up and it sells for $50 or something.

Very few CDs actually live up to some of these insane fixed prices. But this one could, I have no idea. It is definitely not currently available from any discogs or amazon seller so...

A couple weeks after the one you posted was listed up on ebay, one was listed with a buy-it-now of $499 as well, from a seller in the Russian Federation.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE   Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 12:04 pm

Quote :
Very few CDs actually live up to some of these insane fixed prices.

Don't get me wrong, It's pretty decent local-yokel thrash but I sure as hell wouldn't have paid $500 for it. Laughing very hard It sounds like a garage-band version of GWAR.

I just happened to be idly spinning this album for the first time in a while, so on a whim I Googled the band name/album title and when I saw that eBay listing I was like "Holy crapamoley!" Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE   Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 12:11 pm

People gotta be insane trying to sell something at that price. I don't care how "rare" an item might be, there can't be anyone foolish enough to even consider that. Come on man.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE   Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 12:13 pm

007 wrote:
People gotta be insane trying to sell something at that price. I don't care how "rare" an item might be, there can't be anyone foolish enough to even consider that. Come on man.

For that price, not only should it be the greatest CD ever recorded, but it better brew you a six pack of beer, make you a pizza, and give you a hummer when it's done playing Laughing very hard

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE   Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 12:14 pm

lol! I know, right?
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE   Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 12:14 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
007 wrote:

For that price, not only should it be the greatest CD ever recorded, but it better brew you a six pack of beer, make you a pizza, and give you a hummer when it's done playing Laughing very hard

That's what I'm saying, is I assume it's either wishful/hopeful thinking or...something like that, on the part of the seller...or maybe that CD has sold for that in the past, I don't know. I know there are some CDs out there that will sell for money like that, but it just seems more likely that the dudes CD will just sit there forever.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4602

PostSubject: Re: Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE   Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 1:56 am

I've got that CD. Got lucky several years back and scored it on eBay off a "Buy It Now" for like $15 or $20. Decent, but fairly generic thrash with crossover leanings.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE   Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 5:53 am

Zombie thread! Back from the dead! Urrrrgh....braaaaaiiiiiins....

So I scored a "Sardonica" CD from the local Goodwill (Follow Me, from 2015) yesterday, which is the horror-punk band formed by several Slaughtered Grace members after S.G. split up. Turns out that out of the 11 tracks on this disc, five are re-recorded versions of old Slaughtered Grace songs. I haven't listened to the whole album yet but what I've heard so far actually sounds pretty bad-ass. headbanger

Sardonica's band site also pimps the Slaughtered Grace connection, offering S.G. t-shirts for $20 and copies of their old Call This Planet... CD and Terror Unleashed single... for $100 a pop. affraid Way to cash in there, fellas.

https://www.sardonica.com/

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE   Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slaughtered Grace - CALL THIS PLANET...SLAUGHTERED GRACE
Page 1 of 1