Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Savage Grace

Go down 
+2
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Savage Grace Empty
PostSubject: Savage Grace   Savage Grace Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 9:38 am

1980's American speed metal. Anyone familiar with this band. I have a couple of their albums on vinyl and hope to have them added to NLTM soon. Any fans? Favorite albums? Comments?

Administrator
ultmetal

Savage Grace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savage Grace   Savage Grace Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 10:20 am

Quote :
NEW BIT:
On 13th April 2006, Savage Grace guitarist Christian Logue was arrested for practicing medicine without a license. Logue went by the name Dr. Richard Santee and offered miraculous cancer treatment to people who had tried, without success, all kinds of normal treatments before.

He was also being held without bail at Los Angeles County Jail on 10 felony counts, including fraud, identity theft, grand theft and assault weapons charges.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Savage Grace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savage Grace   Savage Grace Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:22 am

ultmetal wrote:
Quote :
NEW BIT:
On 13th April 2006, Savage Grace guitarist Christian Logue was arrested for practicing medicine without a license. Logue went by the name Dr. Richard Santee and offered miraculous cancer treatment to people who had tried, without success, all kinds of normal treatments before.

He was also being held without bail at Los Angeles County Jail on 10 felony counts, including fraud, identity theft, grand theft and assault weapons charges.

Never heard of 'em, but this guy certainly made an interesting career move.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

Savage Grace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savage Grace   Savage Grace Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:35 am

I saw them play manny times in LA...They were good live.
Thrash With Class was their thing...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/

Savage Grace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savage Grace   Savage Grace Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:39 am

yeah....everything with just a little good will is thrash....
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

Savage Grace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savage Grace   Savage Grace Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 7:05 pm

Like Glenn, saw them alot with two different singers before the guitar player took over on vocals. I think drummer Dan Finch was what I dug most of all. His feet and hands were very quick but he was subtle in the process. I like "After The Fall From Grace" best, but "Master of Disguise" and the E.P "The Dominatress" are really good. I have pic discs of those two (have nudity) I have a demo tape from 82' that is in bad shape and a e.p on tape called "Ride Into The Night" that I left next to a 18" black widow speaker and ruined it before I ever got to listen. Been looking for it for quite a while.

Good Band

Laterz
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

Savage Grace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savage Grace   Savage Grace Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:20 pm

I've heard some songs buy them. Sounded pretty good. Kenny Powell from Omen use to be with them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Savage Grace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savage Grace   Savage Grace Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 8:35 am

Leatherface wrote:
I've heard some songs buy them. Sounded pretty good. Kenny Powell from Omen use to be with them.

He played on the first EP before leaving to form Omen. I think he wanted to stay in the traditional metal realm, whereas the band was moving into a more speed metal sound.

Savage Grace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savage Grace   Savage Grace Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:16 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Leatherface wrote:

He played on the first EP before leaving to form Omen. I think he wanted to stay in the traditional metal realm, whereas the band was moving into a more speed metal sound.

nope, this is wrong....
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Savage Grace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savage Grace   Savage Grace Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 1:23 pm

syrus wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Leatherface wrote:

nope, this is wrong....

OK. So then correct me.

Quote :
After the recording of "The Dominatress", Kenny Powell left Savage Grace to form his own band Omen.After the recording of "The Dominatress", Kenny Powell left Savage Grace to form his own band Omen.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Savage Grace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savage Grace   Savage Grace Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 5:23 pm

Love SAVAGE GRACE too. My fave album by the band is AFTER THE FALL FROM GRACE. Just cool US METAL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Savage Grace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savage Grace   Savage Grace Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Savage Grace
Page 1 of 1