Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ginger Wildheart

Go down 
+11
corplhicks
DallasBlack
bassman
exact33
tohostudios
Shawn Of Fire
manny
Lurideath
kmorg
Smindas
Eyesore
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Ginger Wildheart - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:49 pm

Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
What did you think of 100%?

I think it's a mixed bag. When it's good, I love it but it's too all over the place for me. It sounds like what it is, a lot of disparate ideas culled from a massive writing binge. It seems sort of unfocused to me.
That's what I wondered. And it's expected, I guess. The three discs are well balanced, you know, focusing largely on similar ideas. Although "Another Spinning F'ing Rainbow" would probably seem out of place on any album.

That's my favorite song out of all of them, though. Go figure. =)

That's my favorite from 100% too.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:34 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
What did you think of 100%?

I think it's a mixed bag. When it's good, I love it but it's too all over the place for me. It sounds like what it is, a lot of disparate ideas culled from a massive writing binge. It seems sort of unfocused to me.
That's what I wondered. And it's expected, I guess. The three discs are well balanced, you know, focusing largely on similar ideas. Although "Another Spinning F'ing Rainbow" would probably seem out of place on any album.

That's my favorite song out of all of them, though. Go figure. =)
That's my favorite from 100% too.
There's another song similar to that one, just totally out of character, called "Begin From Within." How it managed to not end up on 100% is beyond me.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13816621/08%20Begin%20From%20Within.mp3

Check it out.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 1:44 pm

Have to admit, I'm definitely more excited about the Mutation albums than I am the Hey! Hello! stuff. Whilst I'm sure the latter will be great, it'll be interesting to see Ginger revisit the heavier side of things. I'm kind of expecting it to have a slight vibe of Exit_International, considering how much he seems to like those Welsh lads.

Either way, it seems like a worthwhile pledge to grab all three albums. It astounds me that the guy's found the time to get another 3 out this year (even if the first Mutation was technically recorded last year).

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 2:38 pm

I paid for all three. Quite expensive for me, sadly. Those exchange rates are brutal.

I should probably have posted the link, too:

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/gingerwildheartmutation
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 1:09 pm

Yep, I just dropped £32 on all three albums. Not a huge amount for all three albums, but that's probably just because I'm used to how expensive CDs tend to be over here. At least with an artist like Ginger, I can guarantee I'll get my money's worth.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Cost me £41.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 7:06 pm

Holy crap! Looks like Ginger raised £250k for the 555% album. Roughly $392,000. Damn.

Wonder how much they had left over?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 11:01 pm

Video for "Carrion Blue," from Mutation I: The Frankenstein Effect:

Works much better than I expected, to be honest. I thought a lot of the samples we've heard in the update clips came off quite messy, but this is a damn good tune. A nice melding of pop and thrash.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 8:23 am

Sounds pretty interesting. Odd to hear Ginger being quite so heavy, though.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:05 am

Once again reaffirming that I don't like thrash.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:09 am

tohostudios wrote:
Once again reaffirming that I don't like thrash.
You'll dig the Hey! Hello! stuff, I think. That's more Wildheartsy, the pop side.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 10:17 am

The keyboards during the instrumental parts give it a little bit of a BM feel....
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 10:36 am

I love those keyboards - gives the entire thing a slightly over the top horror movie vibe. Honestly hope there's more of that vibe on the Mutation stuff.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 4:17 pm

New video:

I dig it. Wish the production was cleaner, though.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 6:08 pm

The Hey! Hello! album drops tomorrow, at least digitally. I think this one is gonna be excellent! Still skeptical about the Mutation albums, though.

And good lord Victoria is super-sexy.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 6:12 pm

There's not enough to go on in that snippet.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 6:14 pm

There is in this song though;

Excited for this one!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 6:18 pm

Eh, that one is okay. I'm not wild about the spoken word verses but I like the chorus.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 3:41 pm

To be fair, listening to the album now, that track seems to be the exception rather than the rule - the rest of it is very Cheap Trick tinged pop-rock. Really enjoying it so far!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 3:55 am

Smindas wrote:
To be fair, listening to the album now, that track seems to be the exception rather than the rule - the rest of it is very Cheap Trick tinged pop-rock. Really enjoying it so far!
It's quite excellent, isn't it? That tune is the oddball of the group, but this entire album is quality. Ginger writes some of the catchiest damn songs.

Honestly, he should at some point consider writing for other artists, pop stars and such. The dude is a hit-making machine.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 2:54 pm

Have to say, I'm absolutely loving it. It's just so stupidly catchy.

I think Ginger did actually have a hand in shadow-writing some tracks for some British pop artists. However, he's never revealed who - I'd love to find out!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 3:17 pm

I checked to see if this is available as a download from Amazon yet and it's not. However, I ran across a Ginger Wildheart album I've never heard of before called "Yoni". Anybody know anything about it? Clips sound decent.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 4:40 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I checked to see if this is available as a download from Amazon yet and it's not. However, I ran across a Ginger Wildheart album I've never heard of before called "Yoni". Anybody know anything about it? Clips sound decent.
The Hey! Hello! album won't be available on Amazon. I guess iTunes will get three songs, but supposedly seven will be exclusive to the Pledge Music download and CD.

It seems to be, more or less, incentive for those wary of committing to the Mutation albums, which for a lot of Ginger fans might be a bit hard to take.

But you can download it here:

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/gingerwildheartmutation

The only download option includes the Mutation albums, though, so it might be a bit outside your price range.

And Yoni is a great album. Like most of his solo albums, it's a bit experimental and not quite as heavy as the Wildhearts stuff. But if it can be had cheap, snag it. There is an import version with three bonus tracks. I've seen this one cheap before.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 4:45 pm

Smindas wrote:
Have to say, I'm absolutely loving it. It's just so stupidly catchy.

I think Ginger did actually have a hand in shadow-writing some tracks for some British pop artists. However, he's never revealed who - I'd love to find out!
It'd be interesting. I mean, half the Ginger/Wildhearts catalog could have been huge for artists like Avril Lavigne, you know. The guy could become a bazillionaire in a year by writing for mainstream pop artists.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 5:28 pm

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if he managed to fund a lot of his solo stuff off the back of shadow-writing. The guy has a knack for hooks.

As for Yoni, that's got to be one of my favourite Ginger solo records. Lots of really catchy songs and some quite fun experimenting throughout it. 'When She Comes' and 'Holiday' are particular highlights for me.

As an aside, the annual Ginger birthday show is on Monday - this year, The Wildhearts have reformed to do a headline set with Ginger's solo band supporting! Absolutely stoked.

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ginger Wildheart
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next