Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ginger Wildheart

Go down 
+11
corplhicks
DallasBlack
bassman
exact33
tohostudios
Shawn Of Fire
manny
Lurideath
kmorg
Smindas
Eyesore
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Ginger Wildheart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 3:06 am

Smindas wrote:
Yeah, her name's Vic Liedtke - she's rather stunning. Hell of a singer too, she was great at Ginger's Birthday Bash at the end of last year.
Is she and Ginger dating?
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 1:28 pm

Don't think so. Why, you thinking of getting in touch? ;P

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 3:21 pm

Smindas wrote:
Don't think so. Why, you thinking of getting in touch? ;P
Hell yeah! Haha.

By the way, the latest update said Ginger was still working on the mixes, so hopefully this song was a rough mix, just to get something to the fans.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:10 pm

Quote :
WE DID IT!!

Today we hit 555% (the name of the Triple Album) and as promised the hard copies of the Triple CD, Triple Vinyl and Liner Note packages have now been deleted. FOREVER.

At this point you can still Pledge for the following until the album is officially released

Digital Downloads – all 30 songs from the recording session.

DVD – which will feature all of the Pledge videos, along with commentaries from Jon Poole. It will also contain bonus footage from the recording process and recent December tour.

plus a newly added incentive.

“100%” CD – This is the name of the the 12 track single CD that will be commercially released in May, and you can now pre order that direct from PledgeMusic on the right hand side of the screen.

Each of the formats above still comes with the 30 song digital download, so you will still be able to have all the music even if you missed out on the physical triple albums.

Thank you for making history today.
I just realized that I'm going to have to buy the single-CD version, too! Dammit! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:02 pm

So we've gotten a download of the first 10 tracks. As expected, it's outstanding! Listened a few times while out running errands, then again when I got home. Fantastic stuff. Can't wait to hear the rest.

Pledgers have been asked to pick their top three, which they'll use to determine what'll go on the standard 12-track release. My top three are:

I-N-T-E-R-N-A-L R-adio
Incidental Noises
Deeps In The Arms of Morpheus

But there's not a stinker in sight, as usual! This guy is so damn talented.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:11 pm

I'll definitely be picking up the CD.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 5:14 pm

Yeah, this first disc is fantastic. It sounds like a poppier continuation of Chutzpah! to my ears - I've had the catchy choruses stuck in my head all day. Top 3 tracks for me would probably have to be;

1. It Appears That The Party Is Over
2. Forget About It
3. Baby Skies

But really, it's all incredibly strong. Curious to hear the next disc, I must say.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 6:17 pm

Smindas wrote:
Yeah, this first disc is fantastic. It sounds like a poppier continuation of Chutzpah! to my ears - I've had the catchy choruses stuck in my head all day. Top 3 tracks for me would probably have to be;

1. It Appears That The Party Is Over
2. Forget About It
3. Baby Skies

But really, it's all incredibly strong. Curious to hear the next disc, I must say.
Yup. Excellent album.

There's one song they recorded that has such a bad-ass riff, I can't wait to hear it. Reminiscent of the riff from Chickenfoot's "Big Foot."

Either way, this dude is brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 5:09 am

So disc 2 was uploaded yesterday. Yet another brilliant collection of tunes. These 10 tracks are a bit different, though, so it took a lot of spins for it all to sink in. A couple tunes stood out immediately, but they're all damn good, as usual.

Because we have to pick our top three, these are what I picked:

Another Spinning Fxcking Rainbow
Begin From Within
Return of The Northern Cardinal

"Another Spinning Fxcking Rainbow" is the song I said had a riff like "Big Foot," by Chickenfoot. In the clips we heard it was a nice, crunchy guitar riff. But now...man, not at all what I expected! It's so damn dancey!

I'm so glad Ginger didn't kill himself with all the drugs and stuff. The guy is such a brilliant songwriter.

Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 4:28 pm

Yeah, it's another great set of songs. I'm only on second spin so I can't really decide on a top three yet. I have to say, it's an odd CD by Ginger standards, but it's lively, melodic and rather joyous so I can't fault it. The guy really is one of the most underrated songwriters out there.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:31 pm

Did anyone listen to the third disc? And by anyone, I mean Ken ;P

Again, a bit of a grower but absolutely oozing with memorable numbers. Definitely the weakest of the bunch though, but still very enjoyable. I genuinely don't quite understand how an artist as prolific as Ginger has so few dud songs.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:36 pm

Smindas wrote:
Did anyone listen to the third disc? And by anyone, I mean Ken ;P

Again, a bit of a grower but absolutely oozing with memorable numbers. Definitely the weakest of the bunch though, but still very enjoyable. I genuinely don't quite understand how an artist as prolific as Ginger has so few dud songs.
I haven't listened to it much, unfortunately. I've been so busy I simply forgot. It definitely is the weaker batch of tunes, but only because they're all relatively mellow. It's like disc 1 is classic Ginger, disc 2 is more experimental, and disc 3 is mellow. But yeah, "the weakest" doesn't mean weak, of course.

I'll try to give it a solid listen tonight. I still need to vote on my favs.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:47 pm

Are any of these available to the general public yet?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 6:28 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Are any of these available to the general public yet?
The 3CD version will never be. You had to pledge (aka pre-order) it. What will be available to the public is a single-disc version called 100%, compiled based on the top three tracks from each album as voted by those who pledged.

Though I expect it'll have more than 9 tracks.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 6:28 pm

Well I see there's finally a release of this for us peons. Here's the Amazon track listing for "100%". To those who have already heard these tracks, is this collection worth it and how is the production?

http://www.amazon.com/100%25-Explicit/dp/B0086HK30Q/ref=sr_1_4?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1342477439&sr=1-4&keywords=wildhearts

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:57 pm

I love the entire set. Production is solid. There is a CD version, though, if you're looking to buy it. I need to, but I'm going to wait for something cheap to come along since I have the tracks already.

Either way, the whole thing was well worth the money. Their constant updates were fantastic, unlike every other band I've pledged to. Like Flotsam and Jetsam, for instance. Like I need to see the singer fumbling around a dark room pointing out his water bottle and tea. Yeah, that's interesting. Thanks.

Anyway, I think the fan voting that put this 100% album together missed a number of better songs. "Begin From Within" not being on the single-disc album is a damn shame, although it's one of three bonus tracks on the Japanese import.

How disjointed is this reply? I've been interrupted like five times, and there's no flow. Haha. Anyway, I imagine you could acquire the thirty tracks if you know where to look. =)
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 8:21 pm

Just downloaded 100% from Amazon.

Opinions forthcoming for anyone interested.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 12:47 am

Here's a few teasers for Ginger's next project. This one is him and Victoria Liedtke.

Sounds promising.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 2:54 pm

Ginger is doing another Kickstarter project. Two, actually.

Quote :
So What do you get when you Pledge?

Every pledge includes digital copies of both Mutation albums as soon as they are available + digital copies of all 3 A side singles from Hey! Hello!.

In addition you will have access to exclusive videos and content that we will make available throughout the campaign. You will then have the opportunity to tell us your favourite songs from each Mutation album, which will help us decide which tracks will be selected to go on the single disc commercial release.

MUTATION
These 2 albums are exclusive to this PledgeMusic campaign.

Mutation Album 1

“Mutation: The Frankenstein Effect” was initially recorded in early 2011 and put on hiatus until now. It features Ginger alongside Rich Jones (Black 
Halos/Amen), Tom Spencer (The Yo Yo’s), Chris Catalyst (Sisters Of Mercy/Eureka Machines) & Denzel (Young Legionnaire), with guest appearances from Dom Lawson (OAF), Paul Catten (ex Medula Nocte) Pulled Apart By Horses and Hawk Eyes. The album is due to be mixed and mastered at the end of the Summer.

Mutation Album 2

The second Mutation album is currently without a name. The first phase of 
recording started in May 2012 and will continue over the coming months. It features Shane Embury (Napalm Death), Jon Poole (Cardiacs), Denzel (Young Legionnaire), Simon Wright (Canaya), Rob & Paul from Hawkeyes, along with guest appearances from Merzbow and Mark E Smith (The Fall).

In addition to the digital format, you will also be able to buy both Mutation albums in a very special CD or Vinyl set. Both of these albums are EXCLUSIVE to this Pledge and will be strictly made to order. They will be deleted once the campaign ends.

There is also an “Ultimate Mutation” exclusive which will include both Mutation Albums on CD and Vinyl. It will also come with a SIGNED copy of the (to be) commercially released Single album with your name featured in the liner notes.

Hey! Hello!

Is a brand new noisy pop rock project from Ginger Wildheart and Victoria Liedtke. Expect big choruses, big (noisy) guitars and big smiles.

The debut album from Hey! Hello! is available EXCLUSIVELY to this Pledge and will feature all 3 (to be) commercially released singles along with 7 additional songs.

Ginger plays guitar, bass and drums on this album whilst sharing vocal duties, all of which were recorded by Russ Russell (The Wildhearts must be Destroyed) earlier this year in the UK.

Victoria Liedtke is in the process of recording her vocals in Brooklyn, New York, ably assisted at the desk by Bryan Scary along with multi instrumentalist Giulio Carmassi.

Hey! Hello! is being produced by Russ Russell and Ginger Wildheart and is due to be mixed and mastered in November. This special album will be available on Coloured Vinyl and CD, both of which will be deleted once the campaign comes to a close. This is the only opportunity to own this album.

There is also an “Ultimate Hey! Hello! package” which will include the vinyl, a signed copy of the CD AND your name featured in the liner notes.

http://www.twitter.com/heyhellomusic
https://www.facebook.com/heyhellomusic
https://www.youtube.com/heyhellomusic

Lets make history together – again!
And here's the campaign video:

The Mutation stuff is probably the heaviest music he's done. Or that I've heard him do, at least. Sounds promising, though. The Hey! Hello! stuff sounds more like Ginger/Wildheart material, so that's a no-brainer.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 3:01 pm

Damn. Already 47% funded, and it's only been an hour, I think.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 4:16 pm

I wonder what the record is for fastest funded campaign. This one is at 135% right now, and it's been about an hour and 15 minutes, I think.

Fans also broke the site when it was announced as being live around 4 PM. So most couldn't even get to the site as quickly as they probably wanted.

It's pretty amazing, really, given that Ginger is relatively unknown in the grand scheme of things.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 5:27 pm

He sure has a rabid fan base.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 5:39 pm

What did you think of 100%?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 5:54 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I think it's a mixed bag. When it's good, I love it but it's too all over the place for me. It sounds like what it is, a lot of disparate ideas culled from a massive writing binge. It seems sort of unfocused to me.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:44 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I think it's a mixed bag. When it's good, I love it but it's too all over the place for me. It sounds like what it is, a lot of disparate ideas culled from a massive writing binge. It seems sort of unfocused to me.
That's what I wondered. And it's expected, I guess. The three discs are well balanced, you know, focusing largely on similar ideas. Although "Another Spinning F'ing Rainbow" would probably seem out of place on any album.

That's my favorite song out of all of them, though. Go figure. =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ginger Wildheart   Ginger Wildheart - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ginger Wildheart
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next