Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RAGE!!!

Go down 
+13
scottmitchell74
MetalRob331
iamrockerfun
stormspell
stepcousin
Fat Freddy
GrandNational
kmorg
SideShowDisaSter
krokus
Required Fields
ultmetal
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

RAGE!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 11:08 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Been jamming Speak Of The Dead and I like it a lot. A few too many interludes, but the actual metal is great!

The new album Carved in Stone blows Speak of the Dead away. The interludes were annoying on SOTD and the second half of the album was very disapointing. I dont think it was a good follow up to Soundchaser though.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

RAGE!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 11:09 pm

Well, that's good news!
Back to top Go down

RAGE!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 11:24 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Been jamming Speak Of The Dead and I like it a lot. A few too many interludes, but the actual metal is great!
The new album Carved in Stone blows Speak of the Dead away. The interludes were annoying on SOTD and the second half of the album was very disapointing. I dont think it was a good follow up to Soundchaser though.
I love Speak of the Dead. Tons of people just didn't seem to get what they were listening. I read so many complaints online about the interludes. But that was the point of the first half of the album! It just made no sense to me to complain about them. But take those interludes away, and I felt the album was very solid. "No Regret," probably one of the most experimental Rage songs, is one of my favorite songs by the band.

Not saying you can't dislike Speak of the Dead, though. I downloaded the latest, but have only listened to it once or twice. I dug what I heard, but probably won't listen again until I buy it.
Back to top Go down
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

RAGE!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 11:51 pm

I love Rage. Great metal band, keeping the freak flag flying. RAGE!!! - Page 2 505193

I love metal bands that experiement, who create concept albums, who write story songs and who record gigantic double-digit minute long suites that take up one half of the album (hell, I even like Manowar's Gods of War, and almost everyone HATES that thing!). Rage doesn't do it that often, but when they do it's better than alot of the stuff that's out there, period.

Plus, I have a thing for trios. Something about three talented musicians who have the talent of thirty musicians. lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

RAGE!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 5:34 am

Eyesore wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
I love Speak of the Dead. Tons of people just didn't seem to get what they were listening. I read so many complaints online about the interludes. But that was the point of the first half of the album! It just made no sense to me to complain about them. But take those interludes away, and I felt the album was very solid. "No Regret," probably one of the most experimental Rage songs, is one of my favorite songs by the band.

Not saying you can't dislike Speak of the Dead, though. I downloaded the latest, but have only listened to it once or twice. I dug what I heard, but probably won't listen again until I buy it.

No Regrets has one of the best choruses in metal EVER!!!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

RAGE!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 10:14 am

I dunno I found the interludes too be too much because the second half of the album sounded nothing like the first half. It would have been cool to have maybe done it throughout the album, because i like when bands mix orchestras with metal. its almost like the last manowar album gods of war. that album is full of interludes but i think id take that manowar album over speak of dead. I do agree though that No Regrets does have an awesome chorus.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

RAGE!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 10:25 am

My first and only experience with this band is Secrets in a Weird World, which I just recently received in a trade (thanks again, Freddy). Great stuff, in fact I'm listening to it right now. Unfortunately for me, since they have such a huge catalog of music and I have so few funds, this is a band that will probably fall to the wayside for me unless I come across their albums by trade or super-cheap.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37865

RAGE!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 10:30 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
My first and only experience with this band is Secrets in a Weird World, which I just recently received in a trade (thanks again, Freddy). Great stuff, in fact I'm listening to it right now. Unfortunately for me, since they have such a huge catalog of music and I have so few funds, this is a band that will probably fall to the wayside for me unless I come across their albums by trade or super-cheap.

No probs, MG71.

My fave Rage disc tends to alternate between the aforementioned XIII (that's "Thirteen" obviously) from 1998 and 2003's SOUNDCHASER, but UNITY ('02) and THE MISSING LINK ('95?) are up there too. I seem to prefer their stuff from the mid-to-late 90s thru the present day over their earlier stuff.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

RAGE!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 1:34 pm

You would almost think it's a different band comparing the first few to latter day. The first ones had no symphonics and the vocals were pretty different. The Missing Link and End of all Days were transitional albums in my mind. Sort of like Blind Guardian did.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40527

RAGE!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 6:47 pm

Just received Carved In Stone today. GREAT cd ! Excellent vocals,smoking solos,etc. If you liked what was linked on here,you'll love the remaining album. Highly recommended listening !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RAGE!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RAGE!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2