Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011)

Go down 
+14
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Gilbert
Eyesore
exact33
Smindas
DallasBlack
A Handful of Wayne
tohostudios
Metal Misfit
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011)   Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 7:27 pm

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I just recently sold off the few Edguy discs I had. Hellfire Club was decent and I almost held onto that one, but I just didn't see myself listening to them much anymore. I think my European power metal days are over.

I think that's where I'm at too.

I am not quite there yet. I still enjoy power metal, albeit most of what i listen to is older power metal.

I do my best to listen to enough variety in my music so that I don't get there (I should though, might save myself money on CDs).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011)   Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 11:10 am

DallasBlack wrote:
exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I just recently sold off the few Edguy discs I had. Hellfire Club was decent and I almost held onto that one, but I just didn't see myself listening to them much anymore. I think my European power metal days are over.

I think that's where I'm at too.

I am not quite there yet. I still enjoy power metal, albeit most of what i listen to is older power metal.

I do my best to listen to enough variety in my music so that I don't get there (I should though, might save myself money on CDs).

I listen to a lot of different stuff but the power metal genre as a whole is way way oversaturated. I think that is why you see some of the power metal bands starting to lean more hard rock...

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011)   Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 12:08 pm

I'm re posting this because no one will probably ever read the first page lol

I was searching up the different versions for this and I see that there is going to be an autographed version. Anyone know if there is a 2cd autographed version and where I can get it from? I found it on amazon but I believe its only 1 disc. Play.com has it as well but they won't ship here. Any ideas?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011)   Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 8:37 pm

No love for this album yet? Did anyone pick it up? Came out Tuesday alongside Alice, DT and Anthrax. Just got it in the mail (along with Anthrax) from Best Buy today. Haven't spun it yet.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011)   Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 8:38 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I'm re posting this because no one will probably ever read the first page lol

I was searching up the different versions for this and I see that there is going to be an autographed version. Anyone know if there is a 2cd autographed version and where I can get it from? I found it on amazon but I believe its only 1 disc. Play.com has it as well but they won't ship here. Any ideas?

Play.com is the only place I've seen the 2CD + autograph. Didn't realize they don't ship to the U.S. Good thing I didn't try to order it then. Did you try the band's site?
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011)   Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 8:51 pm

Someone hooked me up with getting it for me from Play.com. Can't wait to get it. I want to hear the bonus tracks.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011)   Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 9:12 pm

Yeah, that's a lot of bonus tracks. Should be really cool, let me know how they are. I just didn't want to pay that much money for it. Razz I probably could've waited and gotten that particular version off Amazon, but I didn't want to wait because the buzz for this album has been pretty good.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011)   Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 9:40 pm

I am curious about this album - what i have heard is more hard rock than metal...

Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011)   Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 10:06 pm

There are a few good tracks, and the really good ones (Robin Hood, Nobody's Hero, Two out of Seven) are much better than the stuff on Tinnitus Sanctus, but overall, the album doesn't live up to Hellfire Club and everything before it or anything by Avantasia.

Still, I guess it's a step in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011)   Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 4:06 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Yeah, that's a lot of bonus tracks. Should be really cool, let me know how they are. I just didn't want to pay that much money for it. Razz I probably could've waited and gotten that particular version off Amazon, but I didn't want to wait because the buzz for this album has been pretty good.

You should check this site out http://www.mclub.com.ua/vcat.phtml?album=181343. I swear by it. I've used it for a pretty long time and its extremely cheap for mp3s. Thats the link directly to the Edguy bonus disc tracks. You can get all 6 of them for like 84 cents. This site is perfect for things like this if you don't want to spend the extra money on the special edition cds. All you have to do is put any amount you want (I forget what the lowest is. I usually do $20) towards a credit and then you just use that. Definetly check it out.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011)   Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 4:10 pm

Spiner202 wrote:
There are a few good tracks, and the really good ones (Robin Hood, Nobody's Hero, Two out of Seven) are much better than the stuff on Tinnitus Sanctus, but overall, the album doesn't live up to Hellfire Club and everything before it or anything by Avantasia.

It doesn't live up to Hellfire Club to me this sounds like where they should have went after that album instead of Rocket Ride and Tinnitus.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011)   Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 3:52 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Spiner202 wrote:

It doesn't live up to Hellfire Club to me this sounds like where they should have went after that album instead of Rocket Ride and Tinnitus.

Tinnitus was bland and unmemorable while Age Of The Joker is the complete opposite. I'm really loving this one and it might be one of my top 3 albums and the come back album of the year (IE is it's contender). Not better than Hellfire Club for sure but I'm not sure I'd say it's worse either. Of course for me, nothing touches Avantasia so I won't even compare it to them.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011)   Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 8:24 pm

Very weak and forgettable album. Cannot touch Hellfire Club or anything prior, sadly...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011)   Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:30 pm

I still think Vain Glory Opera, Theater of Salvation and Mandrake are their strongest efforts.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011)   Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 1:04 am

I think their best albums are Hellfire Club and Rocket Ride. That said, this new one is really good. I don't mind the more melodic rock/metal side of the band, which this one is, so I really dig it.

Although I do find writing about Robin Hood in 2011 to be extremely cheesy.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011)   Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 2:17 am

Eyesore wrote:
I don't mind the more melodic rock/metal side of the band, which this one is, so I really dig it.

As everyone knows, I love melodic hard rock so I certainly dig it. However, I see where PRD, Stormspell, and Exact are coming from, I too became an Edguy fan do to their Euro-power sound and they were masters of it. However, Tobias has changed and so has his song writing, those days are over with. So really, comparing this with Hellfire Club and the previous albums is futile. Of course that is just the way I see it.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011)   Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 8:14 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I don't mind the more melodic rock/metal side of the band, which this one is, so I really dig it.

As everyone knows, I love melodic hard rock so I certainly dig it. However, I see where PRD, Stormspell, and Exact are coming from, I too became an Edguy fan do to their Euro-power sound and they were masters of it. However, Tobias has changed and so has his song writing, those days are over with. So really, comparing this with Hellfire Club and the previous albums is futile. Of course that is just the way I see it.

to be honest I enjoy the Avantasia material a lot more. I dont really get too excited about Edguy anymore but the Avantasia stuff is fun.

Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011)   Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 9:09 am

exact33 wrote:

to be honest I enjoy the Avantasia material a lot more. I dont really get too excited about Edguy anymore but the Avantasia stuff is fun.

This is exactly how I feel. It's weird, because Avantasia really isn't that different musically from Edguy anymore, but somehow, Avantasia is much more interesting.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011)   Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 11:59 am

stormspell wrote:
Very weak and forgettable album. Cannot touch Hellfire Club or anything prior, sadly...

I agree with this! Every time Edguy releases a new album after Avantasia is done with one (or 2), they seem to include songs that were leftovers from Avantasia!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011)   Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 12:24 pm

exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I think the first two Avantasia albums, while very good, are ridiculously overrated.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011)   Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 9:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I think the first two Avantasia albums, while very good, are ridiculously overrated.

I would agree with that - they are very good though.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011)   Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 10:34 pm

exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I'll go as far as to say the first one is overrated. The second one however, is considered inferior but I think it's the best of the two.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011)   Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 10:35 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I'll go as far as to say the first one is overrated. The second one however, is considered inferior but I think it's the best of the two.

Scarecrow is great, especially the Alice Cooper song.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011)   Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 2:11 am

I picked up age of the joker a few days ago, and it's very melodic.

Not as good as hellfire club or mandrake though.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011)   Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:51 am

They won't touch Hellfire Club imo, I think he spends too much time on Avantasia to be that good with Edguy again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011)   Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Edguy - Age of the Joker (2011)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: