Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert.

Go down 
+14
kmorg
mr.electric39
mc666
tohostudios
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
exact33
Smindas
Wayne
Approval Guy
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Approval Guy
Metal novice
Metal novice
Approval Guy

Number of posts : 74

Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert. Empty
PostSubject: Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert.   Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 5:35 am

Lordi caught ripping off their fans with this embarrassing mistake:

lame
Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert.   Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 6:43 am

Ha ha that was hilarious lol.

Still, very stupid and not a good way to treat the fans who have paid to see a live performance.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert.   Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 7:16 am

It must be pretty impossible to perform in those costumes, I always wondered how the guitarists were able to do anything. Lordi could learn a thing or two from GWAR about live performance ;P

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert.   Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 8:10 am

wow... thats a bad way to tarnish a reputation.. just call them lordi vanilli...

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert.   Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 8:40 am

ult is a big fan of this band. Razz
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert.   Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 8:52 am

Busted! Haha.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert.   Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 10:19 am

That was funny.

Troublezone wrote:

Your point?

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert.   Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 10:21 am

Idiots! Why does any performer rely on a backing track? Dont you know those things skip.Ha!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert.   Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 10:30 am

I don't know the circumstances for that show. Looks like they were filming the show. They had a camera crane there. Ultimatum recorded a video for "Never" back in 1998. We told the audience that we were going to be playing the album track and lip-syncing to the song for the video and that we wanted them to just go nuts. Back then we could actually draw a crowd. LOL! We ended up playing the song from the CD through the PA twice to get the footage. Then we played the song live. So the audience had to put up with hearing that song three times in a row, but they got into it. It's too bad that video never surfaced. The production company just disappeared with all the footage.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert.   Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 10:35 am

ultmetal wrote:
That was funny.

Troublezone wrote:

Your point?

There is no point other than you have mentioned liking them in the past. I was just joking with you...
(hence the emoticon)

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert.   Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 10:38 am

Troublezone wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
That was funny.

Troublezone wrote:

Your point?

There is no point other than you have mentioned liking them in the past. I was just joking with you... (hence the emoticon)

It's all good. happy

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert.   Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 10:41 am

Quote :
I don't know the circumstances for that show. Looks like they were filming the show. They had a camera crane there

Good point. Still funny though Laughing

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert.   Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 10:44 am

Looks like that clip was from 2006 or so? Lordi has been around that long?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert.   Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 10:46 am

According to Wikipedia they formed in 1996.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert.   Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 10:52 am

Pretty sure that clip was from shortly after they won Eurovision and that was them playing a filmed TV homecoming of sorts in Helsinki. As such, it's not really that surprising they had a backing track - Eurovision performances are somewhat dependent on them a lot of the time and if it was for a promotional use on telly, it kind of makes sense.

Or I could be talking out of my arse. One of those.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert.   Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 10:56 am

Just goes to show you how quickly things can spiral out of control when it's taken out of context. There could very well be a legit reason for the backing tape, but thanks to that :38 second clip, Lordi is now branded as phoneys.

Frickin' internet!! Razz

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert.   Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 11:14 am

can't blame them. i wouldn't want to perform their material either.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert.   Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 12:37 pm

mc666 wrote:

lol!

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert.   Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 7:09 pm

mc666 wrote:

Laughing very hard

I do enjoy their music and I hope they havent been fakin it all these years...

mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert.   Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 7:58 pm

mc666 wrote:

Dude that is hilarious!!!

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert.   Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 3:54 am

Smindas wrote:
Pretty sure that clip was from shortly after they won Eurovision and that was them playing a filmed TV homecoming of sorts in Helsinki. As such, it's not really that surprising they had a backing track - Eurovision performances are somewhat dependent on them a lot of the time and if it was for a promotional use on telly, it kind of makes sense.

THIS!! The Eurovision show is all sing back these days, ansd this clip is from the year they won the show.

Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert.   Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 4:59 am

Smindas wrote:

Either argument makes sense. I'm sure people will jump on the call-em-sellout boat, but those people don't matter.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert.   Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 9:36 am

Smindas wrote:

Acutally I think i've read that the Eurovision rules state that the acts are NOT allowed to perform live, apart from the vocals, even if they really want to. How ridiculous is that?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert.   Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 12:20 pm

snooloui wrote:
Smindas wrote:

Acutally I think i've read that the Eurovision rules state that the acts are NOT allowed to perform live, apart from the vocals, even if they really want to. How ridiculous is that?

This is becasue they don't want the show to drag out, due to playing slower, or other unfortunate things that can happen live. Thanks to modern TV, it is all streamlined and perfection. Stupid, YES!

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert.   Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 12:21 pm

I have no idea but is it easier to fake playing than actually doing it in concert? I would imagine it would get a little boring...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert.   Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lordi caught lipsyncing at a concert.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next