Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012

Go down 
+10
DallasBlack
Nico
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
The_Jayroh
mc666
Eyesore
Fat Freddy
exact33
GrandNational
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012   10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 9:04 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Target always looks so much cleaner.

That's why I prefer to go there... And there's a lot less people usually.

Yup. I hate walking into K-Mart or Wal-Mart (it's probably 5 years or so since I have), but all the local Targets are clean and not too much foot traffic.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: 10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012   10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 9:42 pm

Nico wrote:
I've also heard that Kmart tends to treat their employees a lot worse than Wal-Mart, which again is really saying something. I have a friend who works at Wal-Mart and he absolutely hates it. I really hope he finds a better job one of these days.

I hated working at Wal-Mart too but it's not because of pay (for retail they actually pay better than most). The problem is managers who too anal retentive and customers that make things more difficult by leaving a complete mess in their wake. Fact is all commercial retail jobs suck, Wal-Mart employees just seem to be the most vocal about it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: 10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012   10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 9:51 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Fact is all commercial retail jobs suck,
Hear hear!!!

DallasBlack wrote:
Wal-Mart employees just seem to be the most vocal about it.

I dunno about that, as a K-Mart employee I was pretty vocal about it too. I think it was a good thing I got out of there when I did way back in 94 cuz it was only a matter of time before my simmering hatred boiled over into open hostility. Very Happy

I did have one customer threaten to "report me to the manager and get me fired" one time and I told him flat out, "Go right ahead, I hate this F'ing job!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: 10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012   10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 10:02 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Nico wrote:
I've also heard that Kmart tends to treat their employees a lot worse than Wal-Mart, which again is really saying something. I have a friend who works at Wal-Mart and he absolutely hates it. I really hope he finds a better job one of these days.

I hated working at Wal-Mart too but it's not because of pay (for retail they actually pay better than most). The problem is managers who too anal retentive and customers that make things more difficult by leaving a complete mess in their wake. Fact is all commercial retail jobs suck, Wal-Mart employees just seem to be the most vocal about it.

Oh yeah dude, his store manager sounds like one of the most hot-tempered individuals on the planet. I remember one time we went out to eat and he was telling me, "The store manager was getting on my case today and I was just thinking, 'Get the f**k away from me, man. Just f**k off." Then a second later, he just takes a sip of his drink and goes, "They've got some good tea here." I had a good laugh over the way his mood changed so quickly. Laughing very hard He said he was trying to stop talking about the job so much.

...and yes, the Wal-Mart customers...I remember this one time when I found a donut with a bite taken out of it sitting on top of a donut box. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: 10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012   10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 10:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Fact is all commercial retail jobs suck,
Hear hear!!!

DallasBlack wrote:
Wal-Mart employees just seem to be the most vocal about it.

I dunno about that, as a K-Mart employee I was pretty vocal about it too. I think it was a good thing I got out of there when I did way back in 94 cuz it was only a matter of time before my simmering hatred boiled over into open hostility. Very Happy

I did have one customer threaten to "report me to the manager and get me fired" one time and I told him flat out, "Go right ahead, I hate this F'ing job!"

Toward the end of my Wal-Mart career, I was just begging for a real difficult customer so I could tell them off. Of course I would not have gotten one last big paycheck for my vacation pay and other stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: 10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012   10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 12:10 am

I was a bit disappointed to see about Corn Pops, but oh well. It's really not one of my favorites anyway and I wouldn't miss it. I mostly buy Malt-o-meal cereals. Much more reasonably priced than Kellogg's.

Too bad about Sears. I've known about their difficulties, but I'd be sad to see a place with their past reputation go down.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: 10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012   10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 9:08 am

it is sad about Sears - i thought they had turned a corner a few years back but bargains are the name of the game now..

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: 10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012   10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:25 am

I'm doing my part to save Kellogg's Corn Pops - ate a bowl of'em for breakfast this AM. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: 10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012   10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 8:59 pm

Interesting. Kinda sad to see Corn Pops go, even if I don't eat it anymore. Very Happy

Sears and A&W Restaurants going aren't really surprising to me. A&W I think is more of a northern chain and every one I ever saw/went into was usually pretty empty and rundown. Still sad to see both of those go as well. Classic American brands.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39655

PostSubject: Re: 10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012   10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:37 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Interesting. Kinda sad to see Corn Pops go, even if I don't eat it anymore. Very Happy

Sears and A&W Restaurants going aren't really surprising to me. A&W I think is more of a northern chain and every one I ever saw/went into was usually pretty empty and rundown. Still sad to see both of those go as well. Classic American brands.

The corn pops don't bother me as I've never ate them.

We have an A&W not too far from here (sharing the building with a Long John Silvers) and I've only ate there once. It wasn't too bad I guess. I could take it or leave it.
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: 10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012   10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:07 pm

I have somewhat nostalgic feelings for A&W, I guess, but if I'm in the mood for that sort of establishment, Culver's wins every time.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: 10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012   10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:19 pm

Quote :
I think it was a good thing I got out of there when I did way back in 94 cuz it was only a matter of time before my simmering hatred boiled over into open hostility.

You almost had a "Falling Down" moment... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: 10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012   10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:20 pm

Quote :
...and yes, the Wal-Mart customers...I remember this one time when I found a donut with a bite taken out of it sitting on top of a donut box.

That's very common these days... I always see open sodas and half eaten food on the shelves. I'm not sure it's always the customers though... I have a feeling Walmart employees do it too.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: 10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012   10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 3:04 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
I think it was a good thing I got out of there when I did way back in 94 cuz it was only a matter of time before my simmering hatred boiled over into open hostility.

You almost had a "Falling Down" moment... Laughing

Hahaha 10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012 - Page 2 647664
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012   10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 7:16 pm

SEARS existed primarily off their catalog sales. When the internet took off printed catalogs went the way of the dodo. Thus Sears lost the largest chunk of their revenue stream.

Then when Wal-Mart's started popping up like horrid weeds in every neighborhood there was no way they could compete.

TARGET is the only one of those stores I shop at regularly. I simply refuse to step foot inside a Wal Mart or give them any of my money. I'd rather buy soda directly from the Anti-Christ and say screw the middle man.

lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: a   10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 8:18 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
SEARS existed primarily off their catalog sales. When the internet took off printed catalogs went the way of the dodo. Thus Sears lost the largest chunk of their revenue stream.

Then when Wal-Mart's started popping up like horrid weeds in every neighborhood there was no way they could compete.

TARGET is the only one of those stores I shop at regularly. I simply refuse to step foot inside a Wal Mart or give them any of my money. I'd rather buy soda directly from the Anti-Christ and say screw the middle man.

lol!

The only time I set foot inside a Walmart is when they have one of those album exclusive deals that I just can't wait for to hit the internet. Like the last Kiss and AC/DC albums.

And even though they just rebuilt my local Walmart, I still feel the need to shower immediately as soon as I get home from that place; just NASTY!!!

I don't get that same feeling from Target at all; yeah, they're basically marketing to the same demographic but for some reason I see far fewer 3-teeth, 80s-clothes-that-haven't-fit-in-10-years-wearin' clients at Target.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012   10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:45 pm

Target is a little more upscale, the clothes and home furnishings are stylish yet affordable, their target market is a tad more discerning. They are also just a little bit more expensive which steers some of the unwanted customers down the street to Wal-Mart which I can easily avoid.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: 10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012   10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 10:16 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
Target is a little more upscale, the clothes and home furnishings are stylish yet affordable, their target market is a tad more discerning. They are also just a little bit more expensive which steers some of the unwanted customers down the street to Wal-Mart which I can easily avoid.

when target has sales, I will go there but it is more outside of my pricepoint. Our walmart has its share of strange people but they built a super one a few years back and it is a lot cleaner. I dont think walmarts prices are all that great though - if you do even a scant of comparison shopping, there are better deals out there.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012   10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

10 Brands That Will Disappear In 2012
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2